The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
My favorite flat earther rebuttal to the center of gravity problem is their contention that the earth (and the sun and the moon and the whole rest of the solar system, etc) is simply accelerating at 1g in a direction perfectly perpendicular to the surface of the flat Earth.

The problem (well, one of dozens of problems) with such an idea is that it would only take the flat Earth 353.7 days to reach the speed of light at such a rate of acceleration.

Those pesky laws of physics just keep getting in the way. Eventually, you've gotta just give up on finding new rescue devices and accept the verdict of the overwhelming evidence.

Gravity was invented in order to deal with the problem that, according to standard physics, everything would fly off a globe spinning at the speed of sound.

--Dave

Daniel1769

No, it isn't.

Joshua 10:13 and Isaiah 38:8 both specifically state that the sun is moving through the sky over the earth.

Psalm 93:1 says the earth does not move

Ecclesiastes 1:5 says the sun moves over the earth

There are a few verses that have the earth still and the sun moving.

Daniel1769

Just what is it that is pushing everything down to the Earth, according to Eric?

What does he say causes buoyancy if not gravity?

It's explained as the density of the object. E.g. I am more dense than the air around me, so I don't float away. The smoke from my chimney is less dense than the air, so it rises. Notice gravity doesn't pull the smoke to the earth.

By using aerodynamics or energy we can counter the density that causes us to fall to earth, like rockets or airplanes. Notice gravity doesn't pull the planes to the ground. It should follow that a force strong enough to hold trillions of gallons of water to the earth should not be incapable of holding smoke or an airplane to the earth.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Make the argument, Dave.

Make some sort of argument. This is a debate forum, not a "Hey! Go check out this video that makes an argument." forum.

You don't have to recreate the whole video in text format. Just pick something and make the argument.

Poe's Law

The visual evidence is powerful, this topic is not arguments, it's visible evidence.

This forum allows for video, and I have watch many.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't have time to watch the video. But I have questions.

Are the other planets flat disks as well?

We have the sun, moon, and stars. Other planets? What are stars? It's funny how every time the Apollo astronauts were ask about the stars, they say they didn't really see any and the so called "videos" from the moon don't show any either.

--Dave

Greg Jennings

We have the sun, moon, and stars. Other planets? What are stars? It's funny how every time the Apollo astronauts were ask about the stars, they say they didn't really see any and the so called "videos" from the moon don't show any either.

--Dave

So are you saying that the entire universe is the flat disk of Earth?

PS: reason you don't see stats in moon landing video is due to their being too dim to pick up by the camera as opposed to the bright lights being cast on the moon's white surface.

It's like if you look into a flashlight and look around in the dark, you can't see anything. But if you wait a minute, your vision adjusts to the dimmer light, and you can pick out details. In the moon landing video, the "flashlight" never was turned off

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I want to make this clear. I am not trying to make an argument. This thread is not theoretical. It is primarily visual because of the nature of the evidence. If you don't want to see any of them then move on to some thing else.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So are you saying that the entire universe is the flat disk of Earth?

PS: reason you don't see stats in moon landing video is due to their being too dim to pick up by the camera as opposed to the bright lights being cast on the moon's white surface.

It's like if you look into a flashlight and look around in the dark, you can't see anything. But if you wait a minute, your vision adjusts to the dimmer light, and you can pick out details. In the moon landing video, the "flashlight" never was turned off

Go outside tonight and turn on your flash light and see if it blocks out the stars. They could have turned the cameras to the stars and adjusted the lens for all to see.

--Dave

quip

BANNED
Banned
I want to make this clear. I am not trying to make an argument. This thread is not theoretical. It is primarily visual because of the nature of the evidence. If you don't want to see any of them then move on to some else.

--Dave

In that case, change it to "primarily aural" and give a listen to the evidence presented.

Greg Jennings

Go outside tonight and turn on your flash light and see if it blocks out the stars. They could have turned the cameras to the stars and adjusted the lens for all to see.

--Dave

If I shine the light in my face, I can promise I can't see the stars.

That's what the moon's reflective surface did: reflected bright light bouncing off the surface of the moon back into the camera. It's like shining the flashlight back into your eyes THEN trying to see the stars

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If I shine the light in my face, I can promise I can't see the stars.

That's what the moon's reflective surface did: reflected bright light bouncing off the surface of the moon back into the camera. It's like shining the flashlight back into your eyes THEN trying to see the stars

They could have turned the cameras to the stars and adjusted the lens for all to see. If they could show us the earth they could have shown us the stars.

--Dave

Greg Jennings

They could have turned the cameras to the stars and adjusted the lens for all to see. If they could show us the earth they could have shown us the stars.

--Dave
I doubt the cameras they had them were very advanced when compared to what we've got now. Regardless, sunlight would've provided all of the reflected light you'd need to blind a camera to the stars. People have tried to prove this a hoax before by shooting a "moon landing" in the desert. They figured out that getting the stars in focus is next to impossible even in ideal conditions on Earth. Are you familiar with the flag wind part of the moon landing?

But on your second sentence, not true at all. The Earth is massive as seen from the moon. The stars are the same size as we see them from Earth.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I doubt the cameras they had them were very advanced when compared to what we've got now. Regardless, sunlight would've provided all of the reflected light you'd need to blind a camera to the stars. People have tried to prove this a hoax before by shooting a "moon landing" in the desert. They figured out that getting the stars in focus is next to impossible even in ideal conditions on Earth. Are you familiar with the flag wind part of the moon landing?

But on your second sentence, not true at all. The Earth is massive as seen from the moon. The stars are the same size as we see them from Earth.

So we had the technology to get to the moon, take a picture of the earth but not the stars. I don't think so. Some have argued that the moon, without an atmosphere to interfere with, would be an ideal place to take pics of the stars. In any event, the absence of visible stars from the Apollo mission is one evidence that the videos were shot in a studio and not from the moon.

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.