The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave, 2 hours is not "a little time".

I suspect two things:
1. You don't really understand the arguments yourself well enough to present them, so you are hoping that the videos will do the work for you.
2. You start from some basic assumptions: A) The Bible is the literal Word of God, B)The Bible should be understood completely literally, C) The Bible says the Earth is flat. Given the above assumptions, there is no evidence whatsoever that will convince you that the earth is spherical. All facts will somehow, come hell or high water, be explained away.

Chair

You have no interest in this so I suggest you should stop wasting your valuable time here. I'm sure you've wasted at least 2 hours, about the same amount of time it would take you to see a video.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If it is flat then why do you end up in the same place from where you started when you go due east at the equator?

Will someone please answer this question?

You would circle a globe to stay due east, and you would circle the flat earth model to do the same thing.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
As a Physicist, I declare your understanding of basic Physics to be too weak for you to make reasonable claims about models of the Earth. No reasonable discussion is possible.

Spin any object and see if any thing on it stays there.

A spinning planet defies physical law and miraculously holds everything on it, although things can move around on it, wow.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
As a Physicist, I declare your understanding of basic Physics to be too weak for you to make reasonable claims about models of the Earth. No reasonable discussion is possible.

All of our sensory perception is that the clouds, sun and moon move across the sky of an immovable earth. From planes we move across an immovable earth. We never imagine or sense that the earth is moving.

--Dave

Daniel1769

If it is flat then why do you end up in the same place from where you started when you go due east at the equator?

Will someone please answer this question?

One could circumnavigate the sphere or a disk. Circumnavigation doesn't really prove or disprove either.

Daniel1769

I really can't believe there are people left who still think the earth is flat. Are they the same people who believe in Greys, Reptilians, Godzilla, Rodan, The Boogeyman, The Easter Bunny, The tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, Chupacabra, Out of body experiences, Shadow People, and Superman? Just curious?

There aren't people that still think the earth is flat. Everyone is brought up with heliocentric model. There are researchers who are raising points about the Copernican model based on observation and experiments like those by Michelson and Morley, Sagnac, Brahe, etc. The problem is, the heliocentrists will criticize the flat model all day, which is fine, but they don't seem to answer the issues raised by geocentrist and flat earth researchers.

Daniel1769

Joshua 10:13 and Isaiah 38:8 both specifically state that the sun is moving through the sky over the earth.

Psalm 93:1 says the earth does not move

Ecclesiastes 1:5 says the sun moves over the earth

There are a few verses that have the earth still and the sun moving.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There aren't people that still think the earth is flat. Everyone is brought up with heliocentric model. There are researchers who are raising points about the Copernican model based on observation and experiments like those by Michelson and Morley, Sagnac, Brahe, etc. The problem is, the heliocentrists will criticize the flat model all day, which is fine, but they don't seem to answer the issues raised by geocentrist and flat earth researchers.

You meant to say: "Flat earth Conspiracists."

Greg Jennings

One could circumnavigate the sphere or a disk. Circumnavigation doesn't really prove or disprove either.

According to the flat Earth model, the entire land surface of Earth is on the top of the disk, and the water is contained by ice the entire way around the edge of the disk.

Explain how you could possibly circumnavigate that?

Greg Jennings

All of our sensory perception is that the clouds, sun and moon move across the sky of an immovable earth. From planes we move across an immovable earth. We never imagine or sense that the earth is moving.

--Dave

When you are in a car going 60 mph on the highway, do you feel like your body is moving at 60 mph? Of course not, because your body is moving with the same velocity as the car. You don't feel anything until you hit the brakes and your momentum carried you forward.

The Earth can't hit the brakes, but if it did, you'd feel it

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Gravity was invented in order to deal with the problem that, according to standard physics, everything would fly off a globe spinning at the speed of sound.

--Dave
Saying it doesn't make it so, Dave.

There are whole fields of science with multiple thousands of scientists that all depend, to one degree or another, on the fact that gravity works.

Newton's law of gravity, in addition to being very well known (as in not a secret or written in some sort of unintelligible code known only to some all powerful elite), they are also quite easily testable. They are, in fact, demonstrably true and you can prove it yourself in your own garage.

Not only that but Isaac Newton was a Christian who not only believed in a biblical worldview but accepted the bible as literally true.

So, where is the motive?

You're talking about a multinational, muti-generational, multi-century conspiracy to convince us all that the Earth isn't flat.

WHY?

Even if such a vast conspiracy where possible to maintain, which it isn't, where's the motive to do so?

Why, oh why would anyone care if we figured out that the Earth wasn't a sphere?

How is anyone profiting from the propagation of a round-earth conspiracy? Who's power is maintained by keeping the flatness of the Earth a secret?

If it's so important that people be kept in the dark about the non-spherical nature of the Earth that the secret has been maintained across the whole world for centuries, why haven't the producers of this video all had sudden a very tragic accidents and the video deleted and wiped from existence? You haven't seen any strange characters watching your house from non-descript van's across the street, have you? Have you noticed any black helicopters flying overhead on your way to work? Maybe they aren't doing traffic reports after all!

Forgive my facetiousness. Seriously, where's the motive?

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Joshua 10:13 and Isaiah 38:8 both specifically state that the sun is moving through the sky over the earth.
Yes, which it does.

The bible is not science text-book, Daniel.

We all say that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. We all say this in spite of knowing that the sun isn't really what's doing the moving and yet we all understand what is being said and no one thinks that we are suggesting that the Earth is stationary on its axis. Amazing how language works, isn't it?

You don't really believe that the entire universe revolves around the stationary Earth once a day or that these passages are suggesting such a thing, do you?

Psalm 93:1 says the earth does not move
No, it doesn't.

Not in the way you are suggesting.

If it does, the bible is false and we are all idiots for believing it.

Not only does the Earth move but the word used in that verse refers to the inhabited portion of the world which also moves.

Ecclesiastes 1:5 says the sun moves over the earth

There are a few verses that have the earth still and the sun moving.
If this is how you do your theology, you're a lost cause. You may as well believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
It's explained as the density of the object. E.g. I am more dense than the air around me, so I don't float away. The smoke from my chimney is less dense than the air, so it rises. Notice gravity doesn't pull the smoke to the earth.
Floatation is a function of GRAVITY!

The reason more dense things sink is because gravity is pulling on them more than it is pulling on the less dense things.

By using aerodynamics or energy we can counter the density that causes us to fall to earth, like rockets or airplanes. Notice gravity doesn't pull the planes to the ground. It should follow that a force strong enough to hold trillions of gallons of water to the earth should not be incapable of holding smoke or an airplane to the earth.
Smoke only rises because it is warmer (and therefore less dense) than the air surrounding it. When that condition no longer exists it stops rising - BECAUSE OF GRAVITY!!!

The is the funniest example of a stolen concept fallacy I have ever seen committed. You are accepting that differences in density cause things to float or sink but rejecting the concept upon which that idea is based. You accept the effect while rejecting the cause.

Hysterical!

Poe's Law

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
The visual evidence is powerful, this topic is not arguments, it's visible evidence.

This forum allows for video, and I have watch many.

--Dave

Of course, it allows for video, I've posted one on this very thread.

But what I have not done is let the video do the work for me. I post actual arguments that people can respond to directly without having to watch some video. I am not going to watch a video, transcribe one or more of its arguments into text for you and then write up responses.
If you want to debate the issue, I'm happy to do so but I'm not interested in debating a video. I'll debate you all day long because you're an intelligent guy and it would be interesting and fun. The closest I'm going to get to debating a video is by posting a link to another video. Boring.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
There is no adjustment for curvature, and the fact that the time it takes to travel from LA to NY back and forth is the same means the earth is not moving.

--Dave

Hey! An actual argument!

It doesn't mean the Earth isn't moving, it means the plane and atmosphere its flying through are moving along with the Earth. It's the same effect that allows someone to juggle on a moving train. Your argument is the equivalent of the juggler stating the his ability to juggle proves the moving train is stationary.

Status
Not open for further replies.