The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Here is a short list of observable proofs for a flat earth:

1. There is no visible curvature.

2. All bodies of water are absolutely level.

3. All aircraft move over a stationary flat plain.

Arguments against these facts contradict sensory perception.

--Dave

Alright...

I'll bite.

I am adding The Coriolis effect as evidence of a round earth. It is most apparent in the path of an object moving longitudinally. On the Earth an object that moves along a north-south path, or longitudinal line, will undergo apparent deflection to the right in the Northern Hemisphere and to the left in the Southern Hemisphere.

Snipers have to learn to correct for this when they pull off the super long shots.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Alright...

I'll bite.

I am adding The Coriolis effect as evidence of a round earth. It is most apparent in the path of an object moving longitudinally. On the Earth an object that moves along a north-south path, or longitudinal line, will undergo apparent deflection to the right in the Northern Hemisphere and to the left in the Southern Hemisphere.

Snipers have to learn to correct for this when they pull off the super long shots.

How exactly do they learn that?

A practice shot or what?

gcthomas

Sorry, I don't wish to regard the persons of men.

Could it be they are hindered by their belief in a round, spinning, orbiting earth?

Or the naïve belief that there is no aether?

Theories that include an aether make less accurate predictions for the results of experiments than special relativity. That's it. No prior beliefs except in the value of mathematical theories and the testing of quantitative predictions by carrying out precise experiments.

john w

Hall of Fame
One end of the field would not necessarily be uphill or down.

Maybe you should ask those quantum theorists, maybe they can make a relativity prediction.

I need to study that Forest Gump scene again, where he kept running after scoring a TD. Shore was a might curious physics....

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So when a sniper misses it's due to his math skills?
US military snipers typically carry a small booklet around with them that have all the numbers they need to know how to make their shot.

So, to answer your question, it's a possibility, but there are more factors than just a sniper's math skills that could potentially cause him to miss.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
So when a sniper misses it's due to his math skills?

Math is a big part of it.

Windage...
Distance..
Cori......

Indeed... new snipers are even given spotters that have a special calculator with a windage tool.

They can help people meet Jesus sooner in excess of 2K yards.

:evil grin:

Edited in... however, [MENTION=16942]JudgeRightly[/MENTION] is right. Many other factors.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
There are good evidences from both world views, flat motionless earth and spinning globe earth. I am viewing both sides of the debate while advocating for flat earth. In many cases it's hard to decide which argument is correct when looking a a single piece of the pie, but in the end as the whole is compared one side will be shown to be correct even if we cannot answer all the questions...You can't critique flat earth model with globe model aspects.

--Dave

The bottom line, Dave, is that the stationary flat earth geocentric model fails to explain and predict all celestial phenomena, therefore all sensible people have rejected it. The globe-earth heliocentric model is the only model that both explains and predicts all celestial phenomena that we see--including eclipses, retrograde motion of planets, analemma, etc. With this model, astronomers can predict dates for all such events and explain the motions that cause them to happen. Therefore all reasonable people have accepted this model.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The bottom line, Dave, is that the stationary flat earth geocentric model fails to explain and predict all celestial phenomena, therefore all sensible people have rejected it. The globe-earth heliocentric model is the only model that both explains and predicts all celestial phenomena that we see--including eclipses, retrograde motion of planets, analemma, etc. With this model, astronomers can predict dates for all such events and explain the motions that cause them to happen. Therefore all reasonable people have accepted this model.

Not really. a flat earth with a circling sun, moon, and stars (which are not millions of miles away) fulfill all the basic requirements. In other words flat earth model and spinning globe model have tha exact same calendar. I will get more into that later but I want to focus on the supposed rotating atmosphere first.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Alright...

I'll bite.

Go back a few posts and you will see how I have answered that.

--Dave

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Not really. a flat earth with a circling sun, moon, and stars (which are not millions of miles away) fulfill all the basic requirements. In other words flat earth model and spinning globe model have tha exact same calendar. I will get more into that later but I want to focus on the supposed rotating atmosphere first.

--Dave
And everyone following this thread just let out a an audible.... :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.