Not open for further replies.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Dave,

I'd like to show you a comparison of a normal photo and one taken with a fisheye lens.

Here is a normal photo:
haiku-stairs-hawaii-stairway-to-heaven-13.jpg

And here is one taken with a fisheye lens:
https://www.instagram.com/p/1yOzPBIM0M/

Can you see the difference?
If not, then there's not much anyone can do to help you.

If you can see the difference, here's another comparison.

Fisheye:
Earth_%26_Atlantis_(STS-71).jpg

Normal:
earth-lights.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
the river is made of water

when i threw a downed limb into it this morning, the current moved the limb downriver

while at the same time mergansers, mink, muskrat and fish moved through it

no problem :idunno:

But we can see the river moving, we don't see the earth or atmosphere moving is the point.

And the river moves over land that is not moving.

This is a false analogy, and you will not find an analogy because it's a contradiction to say the earth moves the atmosphere and every thing in it but the things move through the atmosphere.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If believing in a round planet does not affect someone's salvation, and Dave said it doesn't, then what's the point in being convinced the Earth is flat. So what? They are a lot more immediately practical issues out there that are worth determining truthfulness or falseness, some of which do affect salvation.

Round or flat does not change my faith in Christ one bit. The Biblical world view is not effected one way or the other either.

This is not about salvation, it's about deception. Satan is a deceiver and the question is has he fooled the world through globalism and we went to the moon?

I don't think the world will see the return of Christ the way we will as Christians. I think they will see it as a invasion from outer space, and Satan will come to the rescue.

So how do we know a lie from the truth?

The truth is not an irrational proposition which evolution and the theory of relativity are. So I think it reasonable the examine Copernican cosmology.

An earth that is said to spin at 1000 mph, and I know it would probably be slower as we would experience it, but we don't experience it at all because the air above is moving with it at the same speed.

But we don't see or experience a moving atmosphere either, so how do we know it moves with the earth?

--Dave

chair

But we can see the river moving, we don't see the earth or atmosphere moving is the point.

And the river moves over land that is not moving.

This is a false analogy, and you will not find an analogy because it's a contradiction to say the earth moves the atmosphere and every thing in it but the things move through the atmosphere.

--Dave

The fish doesn't see the water moving. We are the fish.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The fish doesn't see the water moving. We are the fish.

So the fish don't know the water is moving???

Have you asked any of them?

Your example describes a motionless earth with visible moving water, thank you for your support.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I was a professional graphic artist at one time, any photo can be altered, fish eye lens not required.

--Dave
No, Dave, when we're talking photo validity, a graphic artist is definitely NOT what you want.

Dave, is there any difference between the photos I posted?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, Dave, when we're talking photo validity, a graphic artist is definitely NOT what you want.

Dave, is there any difference between the photos I posted?

I have posted a number of videos that completely contradict what your space photo is showing, both from NASA and private. And you could see that for yourself if you would watch them. But I will certainly post more of them later.

I want an answer to my question on motion first.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I have posted a number of videos that completely contradict what your space photo is showing, both from NASA and private. And you could see that for yourself if you would watch them. But I will certainly post more of them later.

I want an answer to my question on motion first.

--Dave
And I want my questions about the verses I provided multiple times in this thread answered.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I wish you would watch that video, it's not that long. Just see how convinced and convincing he is. I don't believe him either but for different reasons than you.
I'll try again.

The next step.

If the invisible atmosphere is moved with the visible earth but everything visible moves through the invisible atmosphere then we should see the movement of the visible earth even though we cannot see the invisible atmosphere that moves with it.

--Dave

We should see the movement of the Earth relative to what?

We see it's movement all the time. The sun rises and sets as does the rest of the things we see in the sky. It doesn't feel like the Earth is moving because we are moving with it but that doesn't change the fact that what we are seeing is the motion of the Earth, not the entire universe orbiting our stationary planet once a day.

And if you mean that we should see the Earth move while in a plane or other vehicle then again I point out to you that when a plane lands it is still moving along with the Earth and that when it is flying, it is not simply moving from north to south at 450 mph on its way from Oklahoma City to Houston but rather that motion is relative to the Earth. In other words, that motion is being added to the motion that the plane was already experiencing in is course around the axis of the Earth and the orbit around the Sun (and the Sun's orbit in the Galaxy and the Galaxy's motion through space, etc.)

This motion of the Earth through space has been very carefully studied for millennia. Every time you tell someone what time it is and/or the date, you unwittingly testify that the Earth is not flat.

Here's a terrific video that has some really well-done animations, ALL of which prove that the Earth not only spins on an axis (i.e. that it's a globe) but that it is in an elliptical orbit around the Sun. It's only 20 minutes long and it's 100% totally rational and not insane, inane or otherwise annoying.

How Earth Moves - VSauce

Incidentally, VSauce is one of my favorite YouTube channels. I recommend subscribing.

Clete

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I will "eventually" answer every question. Flat earth and flood are both "literally" Biblical.

--Dave

The flood is indeed in the Bible... but, you opened the can of worms, I didn't... Do you have bible verses that support the flat earth theory?

I dig science and physics, but you said that flat earth is biblical. I disagree. In fact, the very account of creation even starts with implications of "Dome".

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Round or flat does not change my faith in Christ one bit. The Biblical world view is not effected one way or the other either.
Your testimony is!

Just as the con artists on the Trinity Broadcasting Network do damage to the faith, so also does any Christian who stubbornly ignores sound reason in favor of blind belief, no matter the topic. The truth is rational! If you are seen accepting a cosmology that is clearly irrational, how do you expect that not to cast doubt onto your theology?

This is not about salvation, it's about deception. Satan is a deceiver and the question is has he fooled the world through globalism and we went to the moon?
Satan is a deceiver, yes, but he isn't stupid!

Newton was a Christian as was Capernicus and Kepler and Galileo and a great many other people who were instrumental in figuring out gravity and that the Earth is a round ball that goes around the Sun. And they didn't do this for theological reasons but for scientific ones. They figured it out not because of blind belief in what the bible teaches but because they observed carefully and thought clearly and had an unwavering allegiance to the truth, whatever that might be. The fact that nothing they discovered contradicts the bible (and by extension, true Christianity) is a plus for the bible and for Christianity but it should be noted once again that the bible is not a book about science nor is Christianity primarily concerned with the facts of nature which will pass away. As such, Satan has no motive to spend the time and resources it would require to create and then maintain the conspiracy required to trick the world's population into believing the Earth was a globe that orbited the Sun when it was actually flat and stationary.

So how do we know a lie from the truth?

The truth is not an irrational proposition which evolution and the theory of relativity are. So I think it reasonable the examine Copernican cosmology.
Nicolaus Copernicus was a Polish astronomer who wrote a book called “On the Revolutions of the Celestial Spheres.” Published in 1543 in which he rigorously describes a solar system with the Sun at center and with the Earth, spinning on its axis once daily, revolving annually around the Sun.

An earth that is said to spin at 1000 mph, and I know it would probably be slower as we would experience it, but we don't experience it at all because the air above is moving with it at the same speed.
It's far worse than you think. 1000 mph is nothing!

In actual fact, the best guess (it's a really good guess) is that we are moving along with the Milky Way galaxy at approximately 2.1 million kph (1.3 million mph).

But we don't see or experience a moving atmosphere either, so how do we know it moves with the earth?

--Dave
Because we know the Earth is moving and that the atmosphere doesn't get left behind.

The atmosphere is part of the planet, Dave.

john w

Hall of Fame
There are just those that don't want to listen to reason because the allure of the conspiracy theory that goes with FE is just too alluring.

I agree. That is why there is no truth to the conspiracy theory that Uncle Arthur, on "Bewitched," for obvious reasons, wacked Darren #1, to install Darren #2.

What do you say, TOL audience? Let's take a poll:

Darren #1, or Darren #2?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I agree. That is why there is no truth to the conspiracy theory that Uncle Arthur, on "Bewitched," for obvious reasons, wacked Darren #1, to install Darren #2.

What do you say, TOL audience? Let's take a poll:

Darren #1, or Darren #2?
Darren #1 by a mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.