Status
Not open for further replies.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yeah I don't think Dave is playing Devil's advocate at all. When you play Devil's advocate you are still capable of understanding (or at very least acknowledging) the position that you would normally hold. Devils' advocates tend to say things like... "That's true" and "that is a serious objection to this theory" etc.

Dave has skipped past the Devil's advocate and become a full-fledged legal Counsel.
I don't think he even understands the arguments he's making.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

gcthomas

You still haven't got past the Michelson-Morley results.

Quantum physics doesn't cut the mustard.

Quantum physics fully incorporates special relativity, and SR was developed with the M-M experiment in mind. The experiment in no way proves an aether, since its results are entirely and completely compatible with SR.

Of you disagree, could you point me to the specific feature of the experiment that does not match the predictions SR?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Quantum physics fully incorporates special relativity, and SR was developed with the M-M experiment in mind. The experiment in no way proves an aether, since its results are entirely and completely compatible with SR.

Of you disagree, could you point me to the specific feature of the experiment that does not match the predictions SR?

Lol, which crystal ball is it that is predicting what the other does?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

An experiment has already been provided that proves the aether.

Which debunks all theories of relativity in regards to a moving earth.

gcthomas

An experiment has already been provided that proves the aether.

Which debunks all theories of relativity in regards to a moving earth.

Where shall we send your Nobel Prize to?

(Do you think that the best physics brains of the world haven't tried to disprove SR and hence become famous beyond their dreams? If the best minds haven't got anywhere with it, why do think you have manages it without even any Physics or Maths training?)

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Where shall we send your Nobel Prize to?

Sorry, I don't wish to regard the persons of men.

(Do you think that the best physics brains of the world haven't tried to disprove SR and hence become famous beyond their dreams? If the best minds haven't got anywhere with it, why do think you have manages it without even any Physics or Maths training?)

Could it be they are hindered by their belief in a round, spinning, orbiting earth?

Or the naïve belief that there is no aether?

john w

Hall of Fame
Does a flat earth impact a football game?Specifically, the Super Bowl next month? I need to make some $'s, by calling my bookie

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The marksman is wrong. That is NOT the Coriolis effect - period. He is flatly wrong. My bet is that there isn't any marksman anywhere that has ever said that. I totally believe that such an argument was put forward on those videos but that doesn't mean that any real marksman said such a thing. It's just completely rediculous on its face. The marksman himself along with his gun and the bullets in it are all traveling along with the planet that they are sitting on when the gun is fired. The momentum is conserved when the bullet if fired. In other words, the path of the bullet is primarily relative to the "stationary" gun. That is to say that the gun is only stationary relative to the path of the bullet, not the whole universe or even to the spin axis of the planet, thus no correction is necessary because the momentum around the earth's axis is conserved after the bullet leaves the barrel.

Now, the spin of the earth does turn the Earth into one gigantic spinning compass and thus Coriolis effect is present any time anything travels in any direction that is not parallel to the spin of the earth. It is possible that on extremely long shots, like those made by the big guns on ships or other artillery could need to correct for the Coriolis effect when extreme precision is needed but its not because the Earth is moving the target underneath the trajectory of the projectile its because of the preservation of angular momentum. If you want to feel this Coriolis effect, go buy a cheap compass and spin it up and then move it around with your hand. The weird resistance you'll feel is the Coriolis effect.

Resting in Him,
Clete

I wish you would watch that video, it's not that long. Just see how convinced and convincing he is. I don't believe him either but for different reasons than you.

The next step.

If the invisible atmosphere is moved with the visible earth but everything visible moves through the invisible atmosphere then we should see the movement of the visible earth even though we cannot see the invisible atmosphere that moves with it.

--Dave

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Does a flat earth impact a football game?Specifically, the Super Bowl next month? I need to make some $'s, by calling my bookie

One end of the field would not necessarily be uphill or down.

Maybe you should ask those quantum theorists, maybe they can make a relativity prediction.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I wish you would watch that video, it's not that long. Just see how convinced and convincing he is. I don't believe him either but for different reasons than you.

The next step.

If the invisible atmosphere is moved with the visible earth but everything visible moves through the invisible atmosphere then we should see the movement of the visible earth even though we cannot see the invisible atmosphere that moves with it.

--Dave

Sent from my iPhone using TOL
You're forgetting that people like you who think that the movement of the earth should be visible are standing on the earth. Relative to someone standing on the earth, the earth (yes, including the atmosphere) is not moving. According to someone who is moving in some way or form, the earth is moving, but they are not, however, according to a bystander who is not moving, the person who is moving is moving. I know I'm getting redundant, but that seems to be the only way you seem to be able to understand the way the world works.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.