The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave, did you ever do that experiment I told you to do? You know, the one with pointing your camera at the ceiling, and then at the light?

That is the same principle that is at work in those photos, and is why the stars are not visible.

As for the "flat horizon", you should rewatch the video Clete posted a while back that explains it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

How does NASA get pictures of everything then???

You can always point a camera away from the sun and you can take photos when the sun is supposedly on the other side of the globe.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, Dave, you've been presenting conspiracy theorist videos without actually understanding the arguments they're making, let alone being able to properly defend them.

This entire post is a flop at trying to prove the flat earth.

I think you make me look pretty darn smart.

And stop texting while you drive.

I don't want you to blame me for your next accident.

Despite how you talk about me I don't want you to get hurt.

--Dave

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Our eye's, the way they are made, gives us a perspective with the appearance of a rising ground, "that is not actually rising", and the appearance of a lowering sky "that is not actually lowering", and creates a horizon line where both ground and sky meet that limits how far we can see into the distance.

This is fact of science. Our limit to see far away is not because the earth is a globe, it's because God did not give us unlimited viewing power.

--Dave
Why then do you see the sun partially behind the horizon as it sets?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why then do you see the sun partially behind the horizon as it sets?

Because the ground and oceans are solid and liquid that that we cannot see through that blocks it at the bottom where as the sky is the atmosphere that we can see through. Ships and sky lines over water are also cut off at the bottom behind the "wall" of the horizon created by our viewing the ground or water rise up before us (although flat) and block what is behind it. Only when something is high enough and large enough, like the sun, to get above that line do we see it.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
How does NASA get pictures of everything then???

You mean the images of deep space?

Well for starters, they don't include portions of nearby bright objects, like the earth or moon.

You can always point a camera away from the sun

Ok?

and you can take photos when the sun is supposedly on the other side of the globe.

--Dave

Yes, and when you do, the earth is dark and the stars are visible. So what's your point?

I think you make me look pretty darn smart.

Ad hominem much?

And stop texting while you drive.

I don't want you to blame me for your next accident.

Despite how you talk about me I don't want you to get hurt.

--Dave

If you must know, I was at my Grandfather's funeral, and am currently sitting at a restaurant.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Because the ground and oceans are solid and liquid that that we cannot see through that blocks it at the bottom where as the sky is the atmosphere that we can see through. Ships and sky lines over water are also cut off at the bottom behind the "wall" of the horizon created by our viewing the ground or water rise up before us (although flat) and block what is behind it. Only when something is high enough and large enough, like the sun, to get above that line do we see it.

--Dave
Dave, does that mean that you can't see planes appear from below the horizon?

I challenge you to find video of a plane coming from the horizon that doesn't rise up into view.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
You would be dismissed from the jury selection because of "bias".

--Dave
You missed my point. You are attempting to present a case to get people to accept a flat earth model. But you don't answer questions people ask (why does the apple fall, Dave). You ignore anything that factually contradicts your position. You are not building a compelling case.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You missed my point. You are attempting to present a case to get people to accept a flat earth model. But you don't answer questions people ask (why does the apple fall, Dave). You ignore anything that factually contradicts your position. You are not building a compelling case.

Falling apples don't tell us the earth is a globe or that it's flat.

--Dave

musterion

earth-from-space-horizon-view-nasa.jpg

Oh, forgot. That's faked by The Round Earth Conspiracy.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

No, I simply let those positions that oppose flat earth to stand as evidence for globe earth. I also let every one see both sides of the issue. The flat earth model is the least known and understood so I defend it by letting that position to be known. I think every one needs to make up their own mind by seeing both sides. There are problems with the globe model and it needs to be challenged and if it is correct then it will meet that challenge. If my case is not compelling to you fine, but it maybe compelling to someone else. You are for freedom of thought right?

--Dave

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
We are told that we see stars billions of miles away, which is total nonsense. We are told we live in a universe that is a fabric of spacetime of countless other galaxies, all of it a product of evolution, according to who???

--Dave
Unsupported assertion. Can you prove that the stars are much closer? Can you explain what stars are, why we can see them?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Unsupported assertion. Can you prove that the stars are much closer? Can you explain what stars are, why we can see them?

It's well know that we cannot see stars in outer space from outer space so where are they. Stars are lights in the sky that are close enough to see from earth.

--Dave

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Falling apples don't tell us the earth is a globe or that it's flat.

--Dave
They tell us something about how the world works. So you have to explain why the apple falls on a flat Earth. Once you explain that then you have to look at the implications that reason has on your model. That is how science is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.