The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

musterion

The sun drops below the vanishing point of our horizon line that limits how far we can see, God did not give us "unlimited" viewing ability.

Quit making up nonsense just to be arguing.

1. We can see Mars, Venus, distant stars and galaxies.

2. Given that fact, to say there's a vanishing point on a FE that partly limits viewing the Sun implies - no, demands - that the earth is in fact NOT flat.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You have never watched the sun, "all day", as rises, moves across the sky, and sets, so don't try to tell me that you "see" what's happening to it. Time lapse video shows us what's happening.

https://youtu.be/0RSTltgnZkI

This video shows the sun setting, disappearing below the horizon bit by bit, not receding away into the distance.

And don't tell me what I believe or don't believe about this or any thing else. I do quite well at explaining myself.

You can have your opinion like every one else, I will make clear my final opinion soon.

Dave, sure, everyone can have their own opinion, but it would make sense to make sure that your opinion lines up with facts.

Yours does not. It's as simple as that.

"Whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire", so be careful with personal commentary.

--Dave

Then why do you insinuate that the entire world is being foolish by believing such a conspiracy which we have shown over and over again to be impossible to maintain? That we have shown over and over again to not be based on any solid facts?

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quit making up nonsense just to be arguing.

1. We can see Mars, Venus, distant stars and galaxies.

2. Given that fact, to say there's a vanishing point on a FE that limits viewing the Sun implies - no, demands - that the earth is in fact NOT flat.

We are told that we see stars billions of miles away, which is total nonsense. We are told we live in a universe that is a fabric of spacetime of countless other galaxies, all of it a product of evolution, according to who???

--Dave

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, the clouds, sun, etc. in California are below the horizon line of every ones "limited" viewing distance from New York, where I live.

--Dave
Dave that's because the earth is round.

I'm talking about your perspective grid that you posted. As an artist I have worked with perspective grids my entire life. And I can tell you that no fixed object in the upper grid can drop below the horizon line no matter how far away it is. It's like looking down a set of parallel lines (like train tracks). They appear to get closer and closer to one another as you look down the lines but they will never intersect, ever. It's impossible.

It's the same thing with your grid. The only reason an object would move below the horizon line is because of the curvature of the earth.

Your own evidence proves the earth is round.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
We are told that we see stars billions of miles away, which is total nonsense. We are told we live in a universe that is a fabric of spacetime of countless other galaxies, all of it a product of evolution, according to who???

--Dave
Dave, to reject that every star in the night sky is not many light years away you would have to show the measurements that refute the current measurements of the stars. You have to show the evidence that they are not tens/hundreds/thousands/millions/billions of light-years away.

The burden of proof is ON YOU to prove that the flat earth theory is more correct than the current model of the universe. Until you can do that, your entire post will be challenged and you will be deemed a fool.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

--Dave

As for the second half of your comment, that's what secular scientists believe. Please stop confusing them with and insulting the Christian scientists who don't believe the secular models for the origin of the universe.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave that's because the earth is round.

I'm talking about your perspective grid that you posted. As an artist I have worked with perspective grids my entire life. And I can tell you that no fixed object in the upper grid can drop below the horizon line no matter how far away it is. It's like looking down a set of parallel lines (like train tracks). They appear to get closer and closer to one another as you look down the lines but they will never intersect, ever. It's impossible.

It's the same thing with your grid. The only reason an object would move below the horizon line is because of the curvature of the earth.

Your own evidence proves the earth is round.

Our eye's, the way they are made, gives us a perspective with the appearance of a rising ground, "that is not actually rising", and the appearance of a lowering sky "that is not actually lowering", and creates a horizon line where both ground and sky meet that limits how far we can see into the distance.

This is fact of science. Our limit to see far away is not because the earth is a globe, it's because God did not give us unlimited viewing power.

--Dave

Last edited:

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave, to reject that every star in the night sky is not many light years away you would have to show the measurements that refute the current measurements of the stars. You have to show the evidence that they are not tens/hundreds/thousands/millions/billions of light-years away.

The burden of proof is ON YOU to prove that the flat earth theory is more correct than the current model of the universe. Until you can do that, your entire post will be challenged and you will be deemed a fool.

View attachment 25435

Funny how almost all high altitude photos and video show a flat horizon and no stars?

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
View attachment 25435

Funny how almost all high altitude photos and video show a flat horizon and no stars?

--Dave

Dave, did you ever do that experiment I told you to do? You know, the one with pointing your camera at the ceiling, and then at the light?

That is the same principle that is at work in those photos, and is why the stars are not visible.

As for the "flat horizon", you should rewatch the video Clete posted a while back that explains it.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That's what I've been doing. :darwinsm:

--Dave
No, Dave, you've been presenting conspiracy theorist videos without actually understanding the arguments they're making, let alone being able to properly defend them.

This entire post is a flop at trying to prove the flat earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.