The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

List of private spaceflight companies

>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_private_spaceflight_companies

I guess they are all part of the super secret society too, right? All the world's militaries, all the satellite companies, weather stations, pilots, private space launchers.... ....they must all know what you eggheads know, that the earth is flat, and tens of thousands of people are keeping the worlds best kept secret. Right?

Oh, I forgot about regular pilots who have flown a round trip around the world. I guess God just scooped them up at the end and dropped them back off where they started, maybe did a little memory erase just to be safe, right? LOL

Ya' dopes!

musterion

I've explained this so many times .... yet they make up the most ridiculous excuses.... even so far as to claim that WE are the ones that don't understand perspective. Sickening lies.

Perspective??? What kind of buttpull answer was that they gave you? There is perspective on a globe -- over the curved horizon things disappear from view or come into view. On an allegedly flat plane, the horizon could not alternately reveal and hide the sun, and yet it does. Perspective would have NOTHING to do with it.

Wasn't there some ancient pagan people who said the sun went down into the earth at night? That's at least a more reasonable if phenomenological explanation than saying "You just don't understand perspective."

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
So am I to understand that there isn't going to be even one single attempt to make any response at all to post 1605?

You have got to be kidding me!

Please feel free to resume calling flat-earthers "retards" or any other pejorative you can think of.
So you can shout that you understand the world and how it works better that FE believers? Did you account for the small size of the sun by chance? Remember, it's 32 to 62 miles wide.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
So you can shout that you understand the world and how it works better that FE believers? Did you account for the small size of the sun by chance? Remember, it's 32 to 62 miles wide.

The size of the object that is 3000 miles above the surface is not at all relevant to a single syllable of the argument.

You ARE stupid!

Globetard. Ignore the scriptures and embrace and put your faith in science and math, that explains everything about the earth and cosmos, right Clete?

Amos 8 - KJV -

Thus hath the Lord God shewed unto me: and behold a basket of summer fruit.

2 And he said, Amos, what seest thou? And I said, A basket of summer fruit. Then said the Lord unto me, The end is come upon my people of Israel; I will not again pass by them any more.

3 And the songs of the temple shall be howlings in that day, saith the Lord God: there shall be many dead bodies in every place; they shall cast them forth with silence.

4 Hear this, O ye that swallow up the needy, even to make the poor of the land to fail,

5 Saying, When will the new moon be gone, that we may sell corn? and the sabbath, that we may set forth wheat, making the ephah small, and the shekel great, and falsifying the balances by deceit?

6 That we may buy the poor for silver, and the needy for a pair of shoes; yea, and sell the refuse of the wheat?

7 The Lord hath sworn by the excellency of Jacob, Surely I will never forget any of their works.

8 Shall not the land tremble for this, and every one mourn that dwelleth therein? and it shall rise up wholly as a flood; and it shall be cast out and drowned, as by the flood of Egypt.

9 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord God, that I will cause the sun to go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in the clear day:

10 And I will turn your feasts into mourning, and all your songs into lamentation; and I will bring up sackcloth upon all loins, and baldness upon every head; and I will make it as the mourning of an only son, and the end thereof as a bitter day.

11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord:

12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Lord, and shall not find it.

13 In that day shall the fair virgins and young men faint for thirst.

14 They that swear by the sin of Samaria, and say, Thy god, O Dan, liveth; and, The manner of Beersheba liveth; even they shall fall, and never rise up again.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

Job 38:4-35 KJV -
Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

8 Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb?

9 When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it,

10 And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors,

11 And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?

12 Hast thou commanded the morning since thy days; and caused the dayspring to know his place;

13 That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it?

14 It is turned as clay to the seal; and they stand as a garment.

15 And from the wicked their light is withholden, and the high arm shall be broken.

16 Hast thou entered into the springs of the sea? or hast thou walked in the search of the depth?

17 Have the gates of death been opened unto thee? or hast thou seen the doors of the shadow of death?

18 Hast thou perceived the breadth of the earth? declare if thou knowest it all.

19 Where is the way where light dwelleth? and as for darkness, where is the place thereof,

20 That thou shouldest take it to the bound thereof, and that thou shouldest know the paths to the house thereof?

21 Knowest thou it, because thou wast then born? or because the number of thy days is great?

22 Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail,

23 Which I have reserved against the time of trouble, against the day of battle and war?

24 By what way is the light parted, which scattereth the east wind upon the earth?

25 Who hath divided a watercourse for the overflowing of waters, or a way for the lightning of thunder;

26 To cause it to rain on the earth, where no man is; on the wilderness, wherein there is no man;

27 To satisfy the desolate and waste ground; and to cause the bud of the tender herb to spring forth?

28 Hath the rain a father? or who hath begotten the drops of dew?

29 Out of whose womb came the ice? and the hoary frost of heaven, who hath gendered it?

30 The waters are hid as with a stone, and the face of the deep is frozen.

31 Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion?

32 Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season? or canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons?

33 Knowest thou the ordinances of heaven? canst thou set the dominion thereof in the earth?

34 Canst thou lift up thy voice to the clouds, that abundance of waters may cover thee?

35 Canst thou send lightnings, that they may go and say unto thee, Here we are?
I read one sentence of this.

Welcome to my ignore list.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Size of an object has little to no bearing on how far away it is. If the sun is 3000 miles above the earth, and only 1 degree above the horizon, it's going to be 1.72 million miles away, regardless of how big it is. However...

There's this little thing call the vanishing point, where an object becomes so small that it cannot be seen. Even if the sun were 62 miles wide, at 1.7 million miles away (or whatever number Clete gave), the sun would NOT be visible because of it's, apparent size, let alone able to be directly overhead at any given point on earth.

To give you an idea of EXACTLY how small a 62 mile wide sun would be 1.72 million miles away...

It's size is only 0.00360465116279% of the distance that would be between us and it.

That's 0.0036%!!! The angular resolution of the human naked eye is “about 1 arcminute, approximately 0.02° or 0.0003 radians, which corresponds to 0.3 m at a 1 km distance” (wikipedia). Doing the math, that's just under a foot (11 51/64 inches) at one mile away. To be able to see even a SPECK of something at 1.72 million miles away, the object would have to be AT LEAST 320.436 miles wide. The size of your sun (62 miles) is only 19.3486374814% of that. So your sun wouldn't even be visible.

The numbers don't lie, PJ, your flat earth model falls apart when you try to do the math.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Can anyone explain this reaction? Serious question. Is he laughing at the replies, or about the entire issue? This is the kind of stuff that makes it really hard to tell.
I'm laughing at the 1.7 million miles, the math and JR and Clete. Yeah, I'm just acting, musty. Whatever it takes to discredit the truth of the earth and cosmos. It makes me wonder if you're just an act. A few of you do.

What amazes me is that Clete has 40 different ways to prove the glob but nobody else did in the world but him. Don't you think SOMEBODY would have thought of and completed and published to the world the same things Clete is alleging?

Nope, just believe Clete Math. Clete must be right but nobody else could do it.

4145bf4988df8a88b07c819cb2e9038c.jpg

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I'm laughing at the 1.7 million miles, the math and JR and Clete. Yeah, I'm just acting, musty. Whatever it takes to discredit the truth of the earth and cosmos. It makes me wonder if you're just an act. A few of you do.

What amazes me is that Clete has 40 different ways to prove the glob but nobody else did in the world but him. Don't you think SOMEBODY would have thought of and completed and published to the world the same things Clete is alleging?

4145bf4988df8a88b07c819cb2e9038c.jpg

Then do the math yourself, PJ. Quit cowering behind the flat earth videos and do the damn math yourself. Check our work. Double check it, triple check it. If we're wrong, then it should be easy to show where we went wrong.

But you won't. Why? Because you're a coward, afraid that something you've invested in too much just might turn out to be a lie, and PJ can't have that, now, can he?

One more time, PJ. Your beliefs don't match reality. If they did, then please explain how the math we did based on YOUR MODEL shows a sun that is 1.72 million miles away and not even visible, yet in reality is quite visible to those on one half of the earth.

We've done the math, check our work. And if it's wrong, then show us. Until you do so, you have literally no legs to stand on in this discussion.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Then do the math yourself, PJ. Quit cowering behind the flat earth videos and do the damn math yourself. Check our work. Double check it, triple check it. If we're wrong, then it should be easy to show where we went wrong.

But you won't. Why? Because you're a coward, afraid that something you've invested in too much just might turn out to be a lie, and PJ can't have that, now, can he?

One more time, PJ. Your beliefs don't match reality. If they did, then please explain how the math we did based on YOUR MODEL shows a sun that is 1.72 million miles away and not even visible, yet in reality is quite visible to those on one half of the earth.

We've done the math, check our work. And if it's wrong, then show us. Until you do so, you have literally no legs to stand on in this discussion.
You're a brave man? Hah. Don't call me a coward unless you can prove a globe. It's only a 25,000 mile ball. Where's the curve? Screw your math. Why haven't other mathematicians shown what Clete Einstein thinks he has. Because you're both frauds and shills. Disinformation trolls and crybabies to boot. All you do is thank posts and copy what others say.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You're a brave man? Hah. Don't call me a coward unless you can prove a globe. It's only a 25,000 mile ball. Where's the curve? Screw your math. Why haven't other mathematicians shown what Clete Einstein thinks he has. Because you're both frauds and shills. Disinformation trolls and crybabies to boot. All you do is thank posts and copy what others say.

Well we've certainly proven that the earth isn't flat according to your model using real photographs with detailed information provided.

So unless you want to claim that the photos posted by [MENTION=595]Knight[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2589]Clete[/MENTION] are fake, you need to show how the information provided does not result, in your model, in the sun being 1,720,000 miles away, smaller than the eye can see, and yet still quite above people in the middle of their day.

Unless you can prove that the math Clete and I did is wrong (which is just simple multiplication and division), and show where we went wrong, then you're stuck with a theory that cannot be correct.

Which results in the current model, the heliocentric model, which is accepted as the standard, being upheld as correct.

See, PJ, the onus is on you to prove that the Globe earth is wrong. It's not our duty to prove that it's right.

The onus falls on you to show that our math is wrong. If you refuse, then there is no longer any reason for [MENTION=595]Knight[/MENTION] not to boot you from this thread for refusing to engage in the discussion. If you cannot, then which is more likely, that our math is wrong, or that you're not capable of making an argument for an alternate theory?

So yes, Patrick, I am going to call you a coward because you refuse to engage in discussion.

Right Divider

Body part
Spouting numbers that you "believe" is not proof of anything.

Is it 32 or 62? One of those is ~TWICE as big as the other. That's a very large margin of error. Besides the fact that you have NO PROOF of them at all.

Right Divider

Body part

Your lies are just amazing.

There is NOTHING wrong the the math that any of us are using. They just prove you wrong and that is why you just rail against it.

You provide no ACTUAL PROOF that there is anything wrong with it, just your insane opinion.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
OK, this is THE Video I mentioned. There are goofy scenes of movies for the first few minutes but try to watch closely every minute of this. He moves fast but answers nearly every question you have and alleged proof. No talking really just footage and words on the screen. If you folks don't watch it then I can't debate anymore. Do it this weekend maybe.

3bc1d62c87c7ec5935bd76aa5539808d.jpg

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
OK, this is THE Video I mentioned. There are goofy scenes of movies for the first few minutes but try to watch closely every minute of this. He moves fast but answers nearly every question you have and alleged proof. No talking really just footage and words on the screen. If you folks don't watch it then I can't debate anymore. Do it this weekend maybe.
Sorry Patric, three is absolutely nothing new in your video. Every point raised by the video has been addressed and disproved at some point in this thread. Every. Single. Point.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Nope. Nice try though. Say it and it is so, huh? Why do you even post in this thread then?
Hypocrite.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Nope. Nice try though. Say it and it is so, huh? Why do you even post in this thread then?

I don't know either. It has become rather obvious that you ignore any post that disagrees with you. You do not want to learn. If it is a matter faith to you then say so and quit trying to prove things that you simply cannot prove.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
What's the fun in that? Crushing this argument and watching these guys try to change the subject is the satisfying part. :)

I've never been so frustrated and irritated and insulted by anything I've ever discussed in my entire life! What I would find satisfying is if someone actually allowed sound reason to persuade their mind. That would make even years of wading through stupidity worth it. But at this point there's nothing left to discuss with Patrick. He is literally insane.

What is the point of discussing ANYTHING with someone who disputes the fact that math works?

That's what these flat-earth morons have been driven too!

When you are debating something and your opponent has stooped to the level of denying that math works, it means that you passed the threshold of victory so long ago that to continue only serves to encourage their insanity and to diminish whatever victory has been achieved.

When someone has left the realm of rational discourse to the point of denying that 2+2=4, which is what Patrick is doing, then what basis remains upon which to proceed? Patrick is calling really simple multiplication that any 7th grader can do, "Clete math" as though I invented the Pythagorean Theorem! Where is there left to go from there?

Discussing theology or science or any other complex issue with someone in that mental state would be akin to taking fashion advice from this person...

View attachment 26427

There is nothing left to do but to reject them as the lunatics that they are. They've cut the mooring line to reality and are hopelessly adrift in a maelstrom of disconnected thoughts, puerile emotions and blind beliefs that are not connected to anything real except by shear happenstance and luck.

WHICH - by the way - really sucks because I LOVE discussing this stuff! I enjoy the process of thinking something through. I get the biggest kick out of it, believe it or not, when I've made an error and then discover the error a day or two later. That's just the best because it typically shoots me off into all sort of other directions that I didn't expect to go in. I literally got goose bumps when I realized that there isn't any point on Earth 167000 from Denver - (a point I'd probably not have realized if I hadn't made an error the day before trying to answer the same question). The beautiful elegance of that fact just blew my mind. For Patrick to respond to such a simple and powerful proof by denying that math works is just simply beyond the pale.

Clete

Status
Not open for further replies.