The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaulToPaul 2

Apollo 11 LEM, made of curtain rods, duct tape, cardboard cutouts, and tin foil. Why does it look like a 5th grade science project?

And, why the name Apollo?

Revelation 9
11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Just curious :)

Right Divider

Body part
Apollo 11 LEM, made of curtain rods, duct tape, cardboard cutouts, and tin foil. Why does it look like a 5th grade science project?

And, why the name Apollo?

Revelation 9
11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Just curious :)
Instead of fixating on NASA... stick with geometry for a moment.

View attachment 26424
Explain how the sun can go below the horizon when the angle from the observer relative to your "flat earth" is always some POSITIVE VALUE.

We all wait excitedly for your reply to that question.

SaulToPaul 2

Instead of fixating on NASA... stick with geometry for a moment.

View attachment 26424
Explain how the sun can go below the horizon when the angle from the observer relative to your "flat earth" is always some POSITIVE VALUE.

We all wait excitedly for your reply to that question.

I don't think it goes below the horizon. If you zoom in that direction with a telescope, you'll see it, as long as the sun remains within the telescope's range of power.

SaulToPaul 2

What is it about the FE view that turns normal rational godly individuals into vicious mockers?
The same thing happens with the KJB in many cases.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Indeed. With our eyes, we can only see a few miles in each direction. But the LORD allows us to see the sun, moon, and stars in our own personal bubble or field of vision.

Actually, there is no limit to how far the human eye can see. The eye responds to photons striking your retina. It makes no difference if that photon traveled from your TV or from a start hundreds of light years away: if the photons reach your eye, you will see it. Eyes respond to light, not distance.

SaulToPaul 2

Actually, there is no limit to how far the human eye can see. The eye responds to photons striking your retina. It makes no difference if that photon traveled from your TV or from a start hundreds of light years away: if the photons reach your eye, you will see it. Eyes respond to light, not distance.

Due to the atmosphere, we can only see a few miles in each direction. Yet, we all get a personal view of the heavens in our own little bubble.

Right Divider

Body part
I don't think it goes below the horizon. If you zoom in that direction with a telescope, you'll see it, as long as the sun remains within the telescope's range of power.
Your understanding is opposed by both "flat earth model" and actual observations.

According to the "flat earth model" that is being dealt by some like PJ, the sun is never too far away to be seen with a telescope and YET the sun "sets".

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Due to the atmosphere, we can only see a few miles in each direction. Yet, we all get a personal view of the heavens in our own little bubble.

Your statement is factually incorrect. Eyes respond to the light that reaches them. The atmosphere does not limit our vision overly much. On a clear day, you can see forever,

SaulToPaul 2

Your statement is factually incorrect. Eyes respond to the light that reaches them. The atmosphere does not limit our vision overly much. On a clear day, you can see forever,

Go to the airport and count how many planes you can see that are more than 10 miles from you in any direction.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
So am I to understand that there isn't going to be even one single attempt to make any response at all to post 1605?

You have got to be kidding me!

Please feel free to resume calling flat-earthers "retards" or any other pejorative you can think of.

musterion

the sun is never too far away to be seen with a telescope and YET the sun "sets".

Zactly. Wouldn't even BE a sunset, or sunrise, on a flat plane. Yet it rises and sets all the same.

But no explanation for that has been forthcoming in all the times it's been pointed out.

I almost wonder why.

Perhaps somewhere there's a meme that explains it.

Right Divider

Body part
Zactly. Wouldn't even BE a sunset, or sunrise, on a flat plane. Yet it rises and sets all the same.

But no explanation for that has been forthcoming in all the times it's been pointed out.

I almost wonder why.

Perhaps somewhere there's a meme that explains it.
I've explained this so many times .... yet they make up the most ridiculous excuses.... even so far as to claim that WE are the ones that don't understand perspective. Sickening lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.