The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
It is best to stick to the factual scientific question here. Though I do understand the drive to connect ridiculous ideas with groups you dislike, it is really inappropriate. This is not a place for political mudslinging.

Ahh, the "I" word, "inappropriate". A polite way of saying "shut up". Thanks, but no thanks.

Exactly what is a "factual scientific question"? It is NOT a fact that the earth is flat, so what does that gobbldeygook phrase mean?

This whole thread is so STUPID that I don't see how anything at all could be inappropriate.

Flat earth!!! LOL
"factual scientific question" LOLLLLLLLL

....flattards......
LOL.

I guess that was NOT inappropriate since the mighty chair did not chastise you

chair. LOLL

chair

Ahh, the "I" word, "inappropriate". A polite way of saying "shut up". Thanks, but no thanks.

Exactly what is a "factual scientific question"? It is NOT a fact that the earth is flat, so what does that gobbldeygook phrase mean?

This whole thread is so STUPID that I don't see how anything at all could be inappropriate.

Flat earth!!! LOL
"factual scientific question" LOLLLLLLLL

LOL.

I guess that was NOT inappropriate since the mighty chair did not chastise you

chair. LOLL

there is no reason to drag "liberals" into this.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Awesome !!! Let everybody see how Fake it is.........

LOL. Right. Russians and Americans and others all have a secret pact to make a fake video from a fake space station. You're stupider than you look, and thats saying a lot.

.......Do you believe Star Wars was real too, CC?.........

Its probably realer than you are ya' dope.

.......I'll be back from time to time to prove the sun is CLOSE and SMALL.

Will Elvis be with you? LOL

Go back to your other forum and kiss Joe's arse you fraud.

What are you laughing at McFly

Last edited by a moderator:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'll be back from time to time to prove the sun is CLOSE and SMALL.
Okay but please don't forget to help us with our experiment. I don't see why you have to wait for Dave. Heck there isn't that many places the sun could possibly be in our diagram. Why don't you just take a shot at it yourself? Maybe STP can help you plot it.

Just make a dot where the sun would be at 2AM UTC in relation to our locations on this map. And then add the circle of where the light would be hitting the earth from the sun in that location.

View attachment 26415

Right Divider

Body part
Okay but please don't forget to help us with our experiment. I don't see why you have to wait for Dave. Heck there isn't that many places the sun could possibly be in our diagram. Why don't you just take a shot at it yourself? Maybe STP can help you plot it.

Just make a dot where the sun would be at 2AM UTC in relation to our locations on this map. And then add the circle of where the light would be hitting the earth from the sun in that location.

View attachment 26415
Can we also get an answer as to why the sun appears to be the EXACT SAME SIZE at midday as it does at sunset?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
equatorial bulge NEW water balloon3

This video shows that absurdity of the spinning ball model and its "EQUATORIAL BULGE" with EXPERIMENTS, VIDEO MODELING AND SOUND ARGUMENTS
12 minutes - really good one -

Patric, I don't know if you'll see this, but you need to learn a new concept. It is called equilibrium. It deals with the balancing of forces including the forces in a moving body. The simplest example is a car. When you are driving along at 60mph you have to keep you r foot on the gas. Why? Wind resistance, resistance between the tires and the road, internal friction of the engine and rotating parts are all working to slow your car down. You have to apply an equal an opposite force to keep you car moving at a constant velocity. The same thing happens in a spinning globe. A balance between gravitational attraction and centripetal force, an equilibrium, exists that results in both a equatorial bulge and glass smooth lakes.

(By the way, that 14 mile bulge that the video claim s is higher than airplanes fly reveals a complete lack of understanding of how and where that bulge is measured. The bulge means that the diameter of the Earth perpendicular to the axis of rotation is 14 miles greater than the diameter along the axis of rotation. Given that the spherical diameter of the Earth is roughly 7,962 miles, 14 miles of bulge represents 0.200% increase in diameter.)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

View attachment 26415
I don't know how yet on my end. Is Dave ever coming back? Heck, give me 3 days I could move 600 miles away. It's been a month.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Patric, I don't know if you'll see this, but you need to learn a new concept. It is called equilibrium. It deals with the balancing of forces including the forces in a moving body. The simplest example is a car. When you are driving along at 60mph you have to keep you r foot on the gas. Why? Wind resistance, resistance between the tires and the road, internal friction of the engine and rotating parts are all working to slow your car down. You have to apply an equal an opposite force to keep you car moving at a constant velocity. The same thing happens in a spinning globe. A balance between gravitational attraction and centripetal force, an equilibrium, exists that results in both a equatorial bulge and glass smooth lakes.

(By the way, that 14 mile bulge that the video claim s is higher than airplanes fly reveals a complete lack of understanding of how and where that bulge is measured. The bulge means that the diameter of the Earth perpendicular to the axis of rotation is 14 miles greater than the diameter along the axis of rotation. Given that the spherical diameter of the Earth is roughly 7,962 miles, 14 miles of bulge represents 0.200% increase in diameter.)
Can you or anyone tell me if this image is wrong or off base? It seems to me that it must be close to being true.

7cc489206f5d711337f075db859d6bfd.jpg

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Can you or anyone tell me if this image is wrong or off base? It seems to me that it must be close to being true.

7cc489206f5d711337f075db859d6bfd.jpg
:think: I wonder if there's an event in the past that's in the Bible that could have caused the earth to be like this....

Oh wait, I know:

kgov.com/hpt

It's called the Flood of Noah.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame

I would say it is exaggerated for effect. In point of fact, if you were to shrink the Earth down to the size of a billiard ball it pass all the requirements for roundness as dictated World Pool-Billiard Association. It would fill like it was covered with very fine grit sandpaper, but it would be very, VERY round. [Source]

Right Divider

Body part
I would say it is exaggerated for effect. In point of fact, if you were to shrink the Earth down to the size of a billiard ball it pass all the requirements for roundness as dictated World Pool-Billiard Association. It would fill like it was covered with very fine grit sandpaper, but it would be very, VERY round. [Source]
How many millions times to we have to explain these things?

The HIGHEST mountain on earth is ~29,000 feet high.... the diameter of the earth is ~41,804,400 feet..... so that "high mountain peak" is 0.069% of the diameter of the earth.

In other words.... LESS THAN 1 TENTH of ONE PERCENT.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Patrick that image of earth looks like an intentionally exaggerated map to show the high and low spots on earth. It's not to scale (as Right Divider and CabinetMaker pointed out).

The same could be done on a Flat Earth map. Shrink the map way down but leave the high and low elevations to more easily show the topography to demonstrate high and low points.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.