ECT The commandments of Jesus

john w

Hall of Fame
Remember it was to give to the poor or that is what they did.

I have very little in material possession john w.

Irrelevant. You "argued:"

"God's commands are indeed for us to observe...There is no reason to say that if Jesus commanded it 2000 years ago it doesn't apply to us now."-you

Sell all you have.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You're not another of the "dictionary theologians" here on TOL, are you?

The dispensation of the gospel that Paul was given is the gospel of the grace of God.
Act 20:24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.
Nobody but Paul ever claims such a ministry.
I don't know what you mean.

I know Paul was given a ministry.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
"God's commands are indeed for us to observe...There is no reason to say that if Jesus commanded it 2000 years ago it doesn't apply to us now."-you

Sell all you have.
Are you commanding me to? If so, why? For what reason? Do you mean to sell the computer by which I communicate with you? You are not making sense. This is pretty much all I have.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Irrelevant. You "argued:"

Sell all you have.

Would you say there is no reason for you or I to obey God's command to the rich young ruler via Jesus?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
some people think Jesus commanded us to Love everyone who thinks like us and looks like us. and to mock and ridicule those that don't. i looked everywhere and couldn't find it. and john w ? if we all sold everything we had, wouldn't we need to buy some stuff ? or all be beggars ?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
some people think Jesus commanded us to Love everyone who thinks like us and looks like us. and to mock and ridicule those that don't. i looked everywhere and couldn't find it. and john w ? if we all sold everything we had, wouldn't we need to buy some stuff ? or all be beggars ?

Yes.

It depends on what the Lord says to each one.

LA

0scar

why do you mock and insult those that think different of you???????

Right Divider

Body part
Have you ever read the Bible? These commands are in there. Some people are making the statement that WE (today) must obey every command that Jesus gave to ANYONE during His time on earth. That is a ridiculous idea based on fallacious reasoning.

Jesus told His disciples to sell all that they had. Have you not read this?

So john w is just pointing out the obvious conclusion of THEIR argument. If Jesus told them to sell all that they had, and WE (today) must obey every command that Jesus gave to ANYONE, then WE (those making this statement) should sell all that they have.

I know why Jesus told them to sell all that they have, but most people here do not.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
some people think Jesus commanded us to Love everyone who thinks like us and looks like us. and to mock and ridicule those that don't. i looked everywhere and couldn't find it.
Shalom. This is good patrick jane. Good observation or good observations here. Shalom.

Jacob