ECT The commandments of Jesus

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No, it is what He told them to do.
There is no reason to say that if Jesus commanded it 2000 years ago it doesn't apply to us now.

They preached God's word, but they didn't obey God's word. We should therefore heed what they say but not follow according to their actions.

Right Divider

Body part
There is no reason to say that if Jesus commanded it 2000 years ago it doesn't apply to us now.

They preached God's word, but they didn't obey God's word. We should therefore heed what they say but not follow according to their actions.
So you think that we should keep the law of Moses?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Never a straight answer from you. Does He? Yes or No.
Are you saying some parts of the Bible are not for the believer in Jesus Christ?

Are you saying heaven and earth have not passed away?

Are you speaking to the finished work of Christ?

Has all been accomplished?

Are some books of the Bible, even the New Testament, for Jews and some for Gentiles or Greeks and some for both?

Are some commands for Jews and some for Gentiles?

Are Jesus' commands not for Gentile believers?

If I am saved, circumcised, and keep the Law, does God frown upon me for so doing?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
As sad as it is, you are lost, and so arrogant, that I doubt you will ever believe the gospel.
I have. Now do you live a godly life? Not according to the Law. Just do you live a godly life? Are you living according to God's standard? Are you living according to God's standard for you?

If you have accepted the gospel of salvation and the finished work of Christ then you should live a holy life as well. I am not saying a holy life is by law keeping. I am saying that if you live according to the power of the Holy Spirit you should be able to keep God's commands, as He has desired for you to do, and you should be living a life that fulfills the requirement of the Law. Romans 8:4. I believe this is only by the Spirit.

The gospel is for all. But you say two things: one, that I have never accepted it... two, that you doubt if I ever will.

Right Divider

Body part
Are you saying some parts of the Bible are not for the believer in Jesus Christ?

Are you saying heaven and earth have not passed away?

Are you speaking to the finished work of Christ?

Has all been accomplished?

Are some books of the Bible, even the New Testament, for Jews and some for Gentiles or Greeks and some for both?

Are some commands for Jews and some for Gentiles?

Are Jesus' commands not for Gentile believers?

If I am saved, circumcised, and keep the Law, does God frown upon me for so doing?
You can't answer a question with a question.

You just love to beat around the bush. Just give a simple, direct and HONEST answer to the simple question that I asked you.

john w

Hall of Fame

Fine. Give me the keys to your condo, in Jerusalem, as all of us need to go to Jerusalem 3 times/year, to keep the appointed feasts.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Never a straight answer from you. Does He? Yes or No.
I am a circumcised Gentile who keeps the Law minus tzit-tzit.

Your question deals with if Jesus only taught Jews to observe the Law of Moses, and if Christians are to obey Jesus.

john w

Hall of Fame
I was told that was a command for them in their day.

So, you lied, or were drunk, when you "argued," asserted:

Obviously when Jesus speaks and relates commandments to us He is not speaking contrary to the gospel. God's commands are indeed for us to observe.

"What are these commands? "-TL

"Thank you. Yes, anything Jesus commands."-you

Or, you deceitfully have this " that was a command for them in their day" "escape clause."

=Obey all of God's commands, but not all of them, as they are not for us today.

Got it. Thanks forcheckin' in. Dismissed.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Fine. Give me the keys to your condo, in Jerusalem, as all of us need to go to Jerusalem 3 times/year, to keep the appointed feasts.
The feasts, beginning with Passover, are to be kept in Jerusalem for all those (all or some?) of Israel. I do not understand prophecy and I live in the United States of America. Though circumcised and keeping the Law (minus tzit-tzit), I was born a Gentile.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
So, you lied, or were drunk, when you "argued," asserted:

Obviously when Jesus speaks and relates commandments to us He is not speaking contrary to the gospel. God's commands are indeed for us to observe.

Or, you deceitfully have this " that was a command for them in their day" "escape clause.

=Obey all of God's commands, but not all of them, as they are not for us today.

Got it. Thanks forcheckin' in. Dismissed.
Some separate between the commands of Jesus and the commands of Paul.