the church

HisServant

how much will it cost to bring out a new bible?

No reason to.... I think it would be much more profitable for people to actually learn Greek and Hebrew instead of letting others do it for them.

That way they would understand the problems with translations and the political motivations behind all the ones that we do have. It will also open them up to looking at textual criticism in a more enlightened manner.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
No reason to.... I think it would be much more profitable for people to actually learn Greek and Hebrew instead of letting others do it for them.

That way they would understand the problems with translations and the political motivations behind all the ones that we do have. It will also open them up to looking at textual criticism in a more enlightened manner.

don't you need to get rid of the word church?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
There is no word church in the Hebrew or Greek... so I don't understand your question.

The KJV tried to render the word in English as congregation or assembly but King James forbade them from doing so.

all the bibles use the word church in over a hundred places

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
For me, many Catholic priests are prancing transvestites who are sexual confused. They should get married, prove they are not a homo.:chew:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Well.. that would solve a lot of issues if they did... and would be more biblical.

How can they be vetted as elders if there is no body of work to examine?

The catholic church is a big enterprise, very worldly and very rich. They are the worlds greatest mass manipulators of the little people, the common peasants, like Chrys.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The catholic church is a big enterprise, very worldly and very rich. They are the worlds greatest mass manipulators of the little people, the common peasants, like Chrys.

the bible says what comes out of your mouth can hurt you

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
the bible says what comes out of your mouth can hurt you

So can my foot in someones face.

Do you get it, I never drive with anyone. You might say riding with someone, not 'driving with' as that is linguistically confusing.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
So can my foot in someones face.

Do you get it, I never drive with anyone. You might say riding with someone, not 'driving with' as that is linguistically confusing.

you may not have much time left
-why use it to attack His church?

HisServant

do you know what antichrist means?

Yes, it means enemy of Christ... people that teach a perverted version of what Christ did.. for their own gain, like Simon Magus (who is the absolutely best allegory for what the RCC is).

It wants to be Jesus' church in the worse way... but it just cannot wrap its head around what that really means.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Chrys thinks the catholic church can save him better than the word of God, the blood of Christ, he rather believe in popes you were bankers who indulged in homosexuality and sex orgies, although they never let the peasants know.

Now, he knows, and cannot claim ignorance as an illiterate peasant. He rejects scripture in favor it liturgy.