The Called !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you understand the points i made in the post you quoted?

I believe I did. God called the nation of Israel, but few individuals are chosen (or elected). Just as Christians are called, Jews and Gentiles, alike, but only those chosen (elected) by God are saved. We are saved by His grace, not by who we are or what we do.

Maybe my word choice is a little different than yours but I didn't have any problem with what you wrote here. Do I need to read it a few more times? That's not sarcasm, that's just the way my brain functions nowadays. I have trouble with long posts maintaining the conceptional points conveyed and how they fit together.

beloved57

I believe I did. God called the nation of Israel, but few individuals are chosen (or elected). Just as Christians are called, Jews and Gentiles, alike, but only those chosen (elected) by God are saved. We are saved by His grace, not by who we are or what we do.

Maybe my word choice is a little different than yours but I didn't have any problem with what you wrote here. Do I need to read it a few more times? That's not sarcasm, that's just the way my brain functions nowadays. I have trouble with long posts maintaining the conceptional points conveyed and how they fit together.

Review my points back to me!

beloved57

Who are them Called according to His Purpose

Who are them Called according to His Purpose

A very popular verse in religious circles is this one, even though not many believe or understand it Rom 8:28

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

These are Gods Elect, His Chosen , written of a few verses later Rom 8:33

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

And they by the Gospel and the Spirit are called according to Gods Purpose of Election, in fact its the same Call referred to later in the same epistle here Rom 9:11

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth)

These are Called according to Gods purpose of Election, not of works, but of His that Calleth,

And later still its the same Election of Grace Rom 11:5-7

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

Which Grace and Purpose had been given them in Christ Jesus [their Surety/Mediator] before the world began 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

So the Called according to purpose here corresponds with the Calling and Purpose of Rom 8:28;9:11 and its the Purpose of God in Election. This Call does not go out to them outside of Gods Purpose of Election in Christ !

beloved57

Who are them Called according to His Purpose 2

Who are them Called according to His Purpose 2

This Call is in accordance to Gods Grace and Purpose given the Elect of God in Christ Jesus before the World Began 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

This Call is an Effectual Call, in that it actually Calls the Called ones out of Darkness into His Marvellous Light as Per 1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Notice the transition the Call effects #1 Out of Darkness and #2 into His Marvellous Light, which Light is the Gospel 2 Cor 4:4-6

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ[by the Gospel].

In the Call according to Gods Purpose, which is also the same Call in Rom 8:28, the Called ones shall be Called into the Light of the Gospel, out of the realm of darkness into the Light, a conversion is here meant !

No, all men without exception are recipients of this Call, only those according to Gods Purpose Rom 8:28;2 Tim 1:9 !

Nanja

This Call is in accordance to Gods Grace and Purpose given the Elect of God in Christ Jesus before the World Began 2 Tim 1:9

This Call is an Effectual Call, in that it actually Calls the Called ones out of Darkness into His Marvellous Light as Per 1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Notice the transition the Call effects #1 Out of Darkness and #2 into His Marvellous Light, which Light is the Gospel 2 Cor 4:4-6

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ[by the Gospel].

In the Call according to Gods Purpose, which is also the same Call in Rom 8:28, the Called ones shall be Called into the Light of the Gospel, out of the realm of darkness into the Light, a conversion is here meant !

No, all men without exception are recipients of this Call, only those according to Gods Purpose Rom 8:28;2 Tim 1:9 !

Amen to this Edifying 2-part study! ☺

This Great Call according to God's Purpose, to His Election of Grace,
results in the utmost intimate relationship with Christ Jesus
for those who were Chosen in Union with Him, their Surety / Mediator
before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9! And because they are God's Sons
and Heirs with Him Rom. 8:17, He sends the Spirit of His Son into their hearts Gal. 4:6-7!

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen to this Edifying 2-part study! ☺

This Great Call according to God's Purpose, to His Election of Grace,
results in the utmost intimate relationship with Christ Jesus
for those who were Chosen in Union with Him, their Surety / Mediator
before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9! And because they are God's Sons
and Heirs with Him Rom. 8:17, He sends the Spirit of His Son into their hearts Gal. 4:6-7!

~~~~~

Amen!

lifeisgood

The efficacious call !

The call to the predestined or chosen ones, is a efficacious call from God that translates one out of darkness into the marvelous light.​

If they are already predestined, as your gospel preach, they do not need to be called.

The fact that there is a need for a call from God, and that that call from God is an efficacious call, declares unequivocally that no one has been predestined; otherwise, God would not have to make a call.

What is PREDESTINED is God's plan.

beloved57

If they are already predestined, as your gospel preach, they do not need to be called.

The fact that there is a need for a call from God, and that that call from God is an efficacious call, declares unequivocally that no one has been predestined; otherwise, God would not have to make a call.

Did you read the post and understand the points I made ?

Nanja

Yes, I did read your post.

And, no, people are NOT predestined.

Wrong!

His People He came to Save Mat. 1:21, the Election of Grace Rom 11:5, were Predestinated
to the Adoption of Children
, Eph. 1:4-5 to an Eternal Inheritance Eph. 1:11, Eternal Life !

~~~~~

lifeisgood

Wrong!

His People He came to Save Mat. 1:21, the Election of Grace Rom 11:5, were Predestinated
to the Adoption of Children
, Eph. 1:4-5 to an Eternal Inheritance Eph. 1:11, Eternal Life !

~~~~~

And, no people are NOT predestined.

Nanja

And, no people are NOT predestined.

All of humanity were not predestinated to the Adoption of Children and an Eternal Inheritiance, Eternal Life
as those in Eph. 1:3-11, but only the Election of Grace Rom. 11:5, Chosen in Christ before time began 2 Tim. 1:9.

~~~~~

beloved57

All of humanity were not predestinated to the Adoption of Children and an Eternal Inheritiance, Eternal Life
as those in Eph. 1:3-11, but only the Election of Grace Rom. 11:5, Chosen in Christ before time began 2 Tim. 1:9.

~~~~~

You can see that person doesnt believe the scriptures !

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

~~~~~

How do you know you're chosen?

Truster

Romans 1:6

Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:

Under the New Covenant, not all men and women are the called of Jesus Christ. This called should not be confused with the called in Matt 22:14

14For many are called, but few are chosen.

There is a dispensational difference here, for under the Old Covenant Israel as a nation was called, and this is in reference to the nation as the context will tell, just read the passage leading up to that verse and that will be seen..

But in the NT post cross, the called are those that are the called of Jesus Christ, like Saul who became paul was called in Acts 9:1-6

So when writing His epistles and addressing them as the called, He has his personal experience to verify the calling he has in mind..

The called of Jesus Christ is not for all men, but for those men and women whom Jesus Christ was made sin for, and those whom His righteousness has been reckoned unto their account..

It is a distinct group of people, separated from all other peoples in the world..

It is a call that though it is to a distinct people, its inclusive of both jew and gentile per Rom 9:23-24

23And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

It is the call to whom the eternal inheritance belongeth Heb 9:15

15And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Here are more scriptures pointing out this distinguished group, the called:

1 Cor 1:23-24,26-28

23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness

24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Notice " but unto them which are called" in contrast to the stumbling jews and the worldly wise greeks"

But God has chosen ones [ the called] in both groups..

26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

The called are the same here as the chosen..

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

The called: Rom 8:29-30

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Not all are of the called of Jesus Christ, but only those given to Him for His seed, and they in due time are called into fellowship with Him.. 1 Cor 1:1,2,9

1Paul called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,

2Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

This calling proceeds from the Faithfulness of God unto the chosen race, that seed whom Jesus died for..

Isa 53:10

10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

I find it strange that you bang on about being called, but you refuse to give an account of conversion. I suppose you were called to Calvinism and not salvation. That your hope is in a doctrine and not the experience of the doctrine.

Status
Not open for further replies.