ECT The Broken Record of MAD

SimpleMan77

What is a "Gentile church"?
I have no idea what that means.

When I asked, you jumped to conclusions with a "you believe whatever is convenient for you" post.

:idunno:

My point was that, if you can imply that since there were Jews and Gentiles at Corinth, therefore Paul was talking to only some of them when he said "I administered a new covenant to you", it opens the door wide open to pick and choose which parts of the epistles you want to believe.

When I made the point that Paul made that statement to the Corinthians, you countered with "there were Jews and Gentiles there". Obviously you are implying that Paul's use of "covenant" didn't apply to all of them.

I think you know full well, in the context of this discussion, what I meant by "Gentile Church". It is short for "members of the church who lived and gathered at Corinth, but weren't natural Jews".

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

SaulToPaul 2

My point was that, if you can imply that since there were Jews and Gentiles at Corinth, therefore Paul was talking to only some of them when he said "I administered a new covenant to you", it opens the door wide open to pick and choose which parts of the epistles you want to believe.

When I made the point that Paul made that statement to the Corinthians, you countered with "there were Jews and Gentiles there". Obviously you are implying that Paul's use of "covenant" didn't apply to all of them.

I think you know full well, in the context of this discussion, what I meant by "Gentile Church". It is short for "members of the church who lived and gathered at Corinth, but weren't natural Jews".

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Nope, Paul's comments in 2 Cor 3 were to the entire church at Corinth, whether they be Jews or Gentiles.

So, what is your point?

Right Divider

Body part
What is the spirit of the new testament?
That's what Paul ministered.

Simple simple simple stuff.
We have another one that is fixated on ONE verse that they don't really understand.

If Paul really was putting us under a covenant that belongs to Israel, he surely would NOT have remained silent about it in the remainder of this THIRTEEN epistles.

Simple stuff.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I fail to see what MAD accomplishes besides bringing people to reject holy traditions and delude themselves with being beamed up in the sky. They're as dubious and oddball as those Charismatics are :rolleyes:

SaulToPaul 2

We have another one that is fixated on ONE verse that they don't really understand.

If Paul really was putting us under a covenant that belongs to Israel, he surely would NOT have remained silent about it in the remainder of this THIRTEEN epistles.

Simple stuff.

Indeed, he found many of these Corinthians IN A SYNAGOGUE.

They knew what the New Covenant was, and Paul used their knowledge of the New Covenant to show them something about the gospel of Christ.

But the TOL spiritual Israelites totally miss Paul's point.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
I fail to see what MAD accomplishes besides bringing people to reject holy traditions and delude themselves with being beamed up in the sky. They're as dubious and oddball as those Charismatics are :rolleyes:

Yep, a friend of mine has been attending a charismatic church that last Sunday preached dispensationism.

Completely confused his new in Christ girlfriend.

I'm beginning to rethink what I said about they could be doing worse things with their time.