ECT The Broken Record of MAD

SimpleMan77

I'm taking Paul EXACTLY at his word. He ministered the spirit of the new testament.
Not the letter. Review Jer 31.

Paul NEVER said that in this passage. He said "ministers of a new covenant". You're adding words to this passage.

Please copy and paste the exact quote out of the translation you see that in. I read 20 that didn't say that, and none that did...

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

SaulToPaul 2

Paul NEVER said that in this passage. He said "ministers of a new covenant". You're adding words to this passage.

Please copy and paste the exact quote out of the translation you see that in. I read 20 that didn't say that, and none that did...

:chuckle:

2 Cor 3
6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

Paul's gospel,

Rom 3
21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Rom 1
15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Interplanner

We need believers, not skeptics. Become a believer.

Ezekiel 37
25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.

...and Christ and the apostles did two things here:
1, they never mention any of this in this "simple" sense
2, they mention all of it as being true in Christ which means it is true in those who are in Christ, by default.

MAD does not read the Bible plainly--unless it bulwarks MAD's principles. Then it is "plain." But if Christ is said to be the final temple, it doesn't "mean" that. 'It depends on what is is'!

SaulToPaul 2

...and Christ and the apostles did two things here:
1, they never mention any of this in this "simple" sense
2, they mention all of it as being true in Christ which means it is true in those who are in Christ, by default.

MAD does not read the Bible plainly--unless it bulwarks MAD's principles. Then it is "plain." But if Christ is said to be the final temple, it doesn't "mean" that. 'It depends on what is is'!

Are you going to show me where Ezekiel 37 was nullified?
I will wait...forever.

SimpleMan77

The Broken Record of MAD

:chuckle:

2 Cor 3
6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

Paul's gospel,

Rom 3
21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Rom 1
15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

My point exactly. The covenant is the Spirit, but it's still a covenant. Paul said, in essence, "I'm administering the covenant of the Spirit", not "the spirit of the covenant". It does make a difference.

Paul said the administering of the Holy Spirit is a covenant. I'm simple enough to believe him.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Are you going to show me where Ezekiel 37 was nullified?
I will wait...forever.

Jesus was not sent to nullify the Law and the Prophets, he was sent to fulfill (complete) them.

So far he has done a really good job, but there is still much more to come. Fasten your seatbelt.

SaulToPaul 2

My point exactly. The covenant is the Spirit, but it's still a covenant. Paul said, in essence, "I'm administering the covenant of the Spirit", not "the spirit of the covenant". It does make a difference.

Paul said the administering of the Holy Spirit is a covenant. I'm simple enough to believe him.

Nah, lower case s.
Context bears it out.

SimpleMan77

The Broken Record of MAD

Nah, lower case s.
Context bears it out.

Ok. Let's assume "the covenant of the spirit (lower case s)". Paul still said he was administering a covenant.

If I am a judge and I "administer the covenant OF marriage" to a couple, I have administered a covenant. The clauses "of marriage" and "of the spirit" are prepositional phrases, and further define the subject, but cannot become the subject. Simple grammar rules.

Again, Paul said the Corinthians were in a covenant with God.

SaulToPaul 2

Ok. Let's assume "the covenant of the spirit (lower case s)". Paul still said he was administering a covenant.

If I am a judge and I "administer the covenant OF marriage" to a couple, I have administered a covenant. The clauses "of marriage" and "of the spirit" are prepositional phrases, and further define the subject, but cannot become the subject. Simple grammar rules.

Again, Paul said the Corinthians were in a covenant with God.

What is the spirit of the new testament?
That's what Paul ministered.

Simple simple simple stuff.

SaulToPaul 2

OT: It's Israel and land, land, land

4 Gospels: The LORD shows up and begins to talk about the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven.
He calls out a remnant to inherit and rule from the New Jerusalem

Paul: This apostle comes along and begins to talk about a heavenly inheritance, made up of new creatures, neither Jew nor Gentile

LET THEM BE. LET ALL 3 inherit the Kingdom of God just as the LORD has carefully laid it out.
You are doing a great disservice by making them all into one. Stop that foolishness.

SimpleMan77

spirit of the new testament, which is the righteousness of God, ministered to us through the gospel of Christ

Obviously you are reluctant to answer the question "did Paul say the Gentile church is under a covenant" with a simple yes or no. Since you won't answer that, what about this:

Assumption: saying "no" plainly contradicts 2 Corinthians 3:6, but saying yes either makes your theology not work somehow or makes you look bad in the eyes of your peers. I'm interested in hearing more about your beliefs.

So here is my question: why cannot the Gentile church be under a covenant? It seems that in your eyes that would contradict truth somehow, so what truth would it violate to believe that?

SaulToPaul 2

Obviously you are reluctant to answer the question "did Paul say the Gentile church is under a covenant" with a simple yes or no. Since you won't answer that, what about this:

Assumption: saying "no" plainly contradicts 2 Corinthians 3:6, but saying yes either makes your theology not work somehow or makes you look bad in the eyes of your peers. I'm interested in hearing more about your beliefs.

So here is my question: why cannot the Gentile church be under a covenant? It seems that in your eyes that would contradict truth somehow, so what truth would it violate to believe that?

I don't know what a "Gentile church" is.
The Corinthians were both.

SimpleMan77

I don't know what a "Gentile church" is.
The Corinthians were both.

Lol. So you're saying that parts of Paul's epistle to the Corinthians was written to the Gentile portion of the church, and parts didn't apply to them, so could be ignored?

I guess that makes it easier to reject anything we don't like. "That was written to a different class of Christians, so I'll ignore that".

SaulToPaul 2

Lol. So you're saying that parts of Paul's epistle to the Corinthians was written to the Gentile portion of the church, and parts didn't apply to them, so could be ignored?

I guess that makes it easier to reject anything we don't like. "That was written to a different class of Christians, so I'll ignore that".

No. I don't know what you mean by "Gentile church".
Explain.

SaulToPaul 2

You're jumping to conclusions.