THE BLAME GAME.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Antifa/BLM like to get in peoples faces, call them Nazis/fascists and shout filthy language. That seems to be their M.O. They also incite riots, violence, and property damage. They help to make the far-left-wing Democrats look really bad and cause them to lose elections. The Democratic National Committee is having difficulty raising funds lately. The collections are extremely dismal. They don't seem to be faring well, due to their preoccupation with so-called Russian collusion, the Antifa/BLM movement, and now, the tearing down of statues, etc.

I will say this much about ANTIFA, they state they oppose capitalism; without competition for success, we have war. War is always the upshot of failure.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Antifa/BLM like to get in peoples faces, call them Nazis/fascists and shout filthy language. That seems to be their M.O. They also incite riots, violence, and property damage. They help to make the far-left-wing Democrats look really bad and cause them to lose elections. The Democratic National Committee is having difficulty raising funds lately. The collections are extremely dismal. They don't seem to be faring well, due to their preoccupation with so-called Russian collusion, the Antifa/BLM movement, and now, the tearing down of statues, etc.

glorydaz

Uh, will you snowflakes get a grip? Nobody is "bullying" anyone here or trying to advocate for censorship of free speech either. Quit flattering yourselves if you think TH needs or is getting any sort of "protection" or defending. As far as I'm aware, GM has him on ignore and you're on TH's own ignore list GD so sue me if addressing some drivel is tantamount to being a "bully protector". Get out the playground the pair of yous will ya?

:freak:

Case in point. Arty hates free speech. If it isn't saying what he says, it's childish...probably even deplorable.....most likely racist.

glorydaz

Well, you're not debating for sure but you'll find that that's a key component in actual discussion around these parts, especially where it comes to politics. The fact is that nobody is shouting you down or depriving you of your right to speak freely here so lighten up a bit as well. People can say they're 'stating facts' and frequently do although it's often biased opinion one way or the other so unless it's a blog you're more interested in then it's all up for scrutiny and...'debate'...;)

Town Heretic isn't a 'liberal' and to be honest, you're hardly being very civil when you make erroneous presumptions about folk?

:think:

Great job, Artie....as if you know what debating is. :nono:

glorydaz

No it wasn't. You blamed the problem of the Klan and their ilk on media attention. While I'll grant you advertising helps just about anyone if the buyer is stupid enough, but that's still blaming the wrong party. The problem with the Klan is their ideology and the willingness of people to buy into it on one level or another.

Yeah, all three of them. Any of you libs tried counting your ANTIFA army? Take off your blindfolds stop pointing fingers at ghosts from the past.

Arthur Brain

Case in point. Arty hates free speech. If it isn't saying what he says, it's childish...probably even deplorable.....most likely racist.

Yeah, I really hate it GD. I think you shouldn't be allowed to express any opinion contrary to my own whatsoever in any way, shape or form!

In actuality I support free speech all ends up, even from snowflakes.

:)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The problem of fringe groups is maintaining and increasing their membership. BLM, KKK, Antifa, et al. need to be in the news just like the Taliban and radicalized Muslim extremists.
I'm sure it helps and I said as much, Robert, but I don't think advertising makes people extremist any more than speed limits make people speed.

The MSM are complying and trying to stir up the masses against Trump with both real and fake news because he's an outsider.
To me he's just another rich old power broker. It doesn't get much more inside than that. This isn't James Dean. He's more Jimmy Dean.

Prove it. Blanket statements without proof are a liberals security blanket.
I actually provided a link to this in another thread. I'll look it up again and add it to this at some point when I have a minute. But why does that bring out the insult (I'm not a liberal) when you do the very same thing by declaring, without linkage or demonstrable proof, that main stream media has been a left wing institution?

Do you have a point, or is that asking too much?
That's civil?

So you're telling me how you want me to argue?
No, I was suggesting how not to.

I'm new here but I can see you and I are getting off to a rocky relationship from the get-go!
If I think you're wrong headed I'll tell you, but absent proof I'll assume you don't mean to be and that you're doing what anyone does, what I do, which is look at things to see them.

I'm not debating here.
You don't have to, or have to respond to someone who is. I thought you got a few things wrong and said so. How you characterize that or what you mean to do with it is yours.

If you want to shout me down and not let me speak freely, you're no better than the Black Panthers, BLM, Antifa, etc.
How would I "shout you down" by responding where you're as free as I am?

As I said, I am not debating. I'm just stating facts. Deal with it!
Why yell? I am debating, and largely doing it with a smile. But you went off on unrelated tangents as though we were contesting on them and I didn't know what to make of it. I even agreed with you on some of that, like the Canadian bit. I just didn't understand your reason for the shift.

The Liberal litmus test is abortion.
I'd agree. It's one reason I always shake my head when some doofus tries to call me liberal.

So if you support liberal causes/candidates like we discussed,
When did we do that? I'm pro life, pro gun ownership, pro free market and registered Republican, though that last mostly because I have people at the local and state level whom I support. I consider myself an independent on the whole and have voted Democratic, though I mostly don't.

your claim to be pro-Life is without essential proof.
Then you can't credit the reason for thinking otherwise either and you have a problem, given the only reason you can know anything about me is because I tell you about it.

You fail the liberal litmus test, but you cling to it's other "values".
Which? I'd say that I stand for certain principles and I don't hold them to be owned by either party.

Don't care about polls.
That's okay with me, but I'm noting that all sorts of ideas are held by all sorts of groups. The larger the number within a given the more likely you are to find them. So a substantial number of Republicans are pro choice and a lesser number of Democrats are pro life. It was a reasoned rebuttal to your contention about membership in groups.

Wow. You really like making up analogies don't you?
They're often helpful in framing a point offered. Especially when it might be obscured by something else. A solid rhetorical, logical device.

It adds nothing to this discussion which I hoped would be civil.
No reason for it not to be. I'm game. Let's see if we can do better. What got your goat about my last response?

Guess I was wrong there.
No idea why you think that. I'm not upset and I'm not aiming to upset you.

Maybe it's impossible for a liberal to have a civil discussion.
You'll have to try to have one with one then let me know.

That said, I hope you amend a few tendencies and stick around. :e4e:

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Although many of the far-left-wing will disagree, President Trump did a "GREAT" job last night. He cleared up ANY questions about his first, second, and third remarks relating to the "Virginia Incident." He remarked about his disapproval of the "Fake News," and took a swipe at the Antifa Thugs who were raging outside the venue.

He was in rare form so far as I'm concerned. I found myself, cheering him on while seeing the truth he was conveying with a mix of humor and sarcasm. He has a strong personality and an air of truthfulness that is vastly encouraging and refreshing. He invigorated his base with vitality and personal charisma. Of course, his critics won't budge an inch to give him ANY credit that is due. As usual, they'll find/create flaws in everything he had to say. We cannot expect ANYTHING other than "Obstruction" coming out of the far-left-wing- Democratic Party. I must include a few Republicans in that statement, as well.

At the conclusion of President Trump's presentation, the Police had to clear the outside perimeter, which included several Antifa misfits, with "Smoke canisters." The Antifa Rioteers Scurried away like so many Roaches. The event was a total success and the people responded with delight.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Howard Dean commented the other day; "If you vote Republican in the next election, you're a RACIST." That was a bit "Small minded" of him, don't you think? Someone commented that the "Eclipse" appeared to avoid areas where Black folks live. I guess the "Eclipse" was racist, as well. ESPN Sports Network decided to "Switch around" one of their Sports Hosts because his name was " Robert Lee." Their rationale was, they didn't want to offend viewers who might "Mistake" him for, "Robert E. Lee" The American general known for commanding the Confederate Army of Northern Virginia. The problem was, this Sports host was an Asian and for all intent and purpose wasn't affiliated with the Confederate army in any way.

Perhaps, we need to remove (From history) anyone whose name has Lee in it? How about the following;

1) Bruce Lee
2) Christopher Lee
3) Peggy Lee
4) Pinky Lee
5) Lee Marvin
6) Lee Strasberg
7) Michele Lee
8) Lee Meriwether
9) Lee Van Cleef

Well, you get the idea, right?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If our country was to "Take down" everything that offends someone or some group of people, all we'd be left with is the clothes we're wearing and even then, I'll bet Doughnuts for Dollars somebody would still get offended. Then, we'd be in REAL trouble.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
When may we expect a "Burning of the Books" rally? I hear Germany had one long ago. In this Political climate, I wouldn't doubt this might occur at some point.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I voted republican before I became a racist -
obama and his goons turned me into a racist

Nah, that's such a cop-out. The "it's Obama's fault" that festered from Trump's lying mouth and black heart is apparently spreading ...

IF you are a racist, it's because you wish to be a racist. So much for personal responsibility, eh Chrys?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'll admit, I didn't much care for Obama, however, I didn't go out and riot in the streets, block traffic, break store windows, scream obscenities at complete strangers, call people Nazis/Fascists, have fights with the Police, start fires, throw Molotov cocktails, use sticks as weapons, and toss rocks, and bottles at passerby's.

Actually, I didn't hear of any Conservative Americans doing any of those things. That kind of behavior seems to come from the far-left-wing. I believe it's called, "Soreloseritis, if I'm not mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.