the biggest hypocrisy

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You have asked me one question in this thread in response to a post of mine, and two questions exist in this thread. Which question?

this:

So it is ok not to strive to be like Jesus by practicing love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness and self-control?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
this:

So it is ok not to strive to be like Jesus by practicing love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness and self-control?
I think I missed that, but did see it before. My fault.

Why are we instructed to cease or stop striving?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Galatians 5:22-23 [Full Chapter]

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Most Christians claim they are sinless and saved.

Jesus commands His followers to be perfect. Above verse is condition of perfection.

No one can achieve such high standards. This is a life long endeavor.

It is a lie to claim sinless and saved without being perfect.

Then who can be saved;

Romans 3:23 King James Version (KJV)

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

God's Truth

I do not say that it does.

Since you say the Bible does not say Jesus is the Spirit, tell me what these scriptures say and mean?

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

2 Corinthians 3:18 And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Since you say the Bible does not say Jesus is the Spirit, tell me what these scriptures say and mean?

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

2 Corinthians 3:18 And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
I have no argument with Scripture.