The best way to eat that is ...

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Prime rib, medium rare with horse radish sauce. A loaded baked potato and a fresh garden salad smothered in Bleu cheese dressing. Dry red wine. Then blackberry cobbler with chocolate ice cream on top for a desert. And another glass of wine. :)

OCTOBER23

My wife makes excelent smoothies.

Pomegranite Juice
Beet Juice
Spinach Juice
Carrot Juice

And I feel GRRREEEAAATTTTT.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
When I was younger I used to go frog gigging with a few friends. We would wade in the creek and spear 20 or 30 big bull frogs. Around 10 p.m. on a night with a new moon. Then came the prep.

On a wooden bench cut off the legs just above where they connect below the waist. Not too high or you sever part of the internal organs. Not too low or you end up with 2 legs instead of 2 connected legs. Next they must be skinned. This is easiest with a pair of pliers. Tightly grip the legs where they connect (with your hand) and use the pliers to grab the skin close to your fingers. Once you have acquired the knack all it takes is one good long pull to peal off the entire skin. Toss the legs into the waiting sheet pan on a bed of salt and sprinkle some more salt on top. Since they are fresh they will dance around a bit as the salt hits the still live nerve endings.

When finished with the skinning stir up some egg whites with your favorite seasonings and mix up some good breading in a large bowl. Dip each pair into the egg white and then the breading coating them completely and lay out into a dry sheet pan. I should have mentioned earlier that someone would start and stoke a fire with good hardwood. By now the fire should be almost down to good hot coals.
And another person would have wrapped and placed some large potatoes in the coals.

Place a large iron skillet on the fire and add some cooking oil. Pause now to open a nice large bottle of chilled wine and fill glasses or mugs. That should be sufficient time for the oil to get to temperature. If not, get a refill. Now put the breaded frog legs in the skillet. Watch and turn them when the meat is cooked half way through. That doesn't take long so pay attention and don't overcook.

Serve piping hot with lots of butter for the baked potatoes and a refill on the wine glasses. They are delicious. Some people say they taste a bit like gator tail. Others say it is closer to rattlesnake.

:)

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
beef and potatoes - just about anyway you want to fix 'em

elohiym

Beef tongue-stuffed white bread sandwich with spicy mustard.

That is what I would order if I was in a New York deli right now.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
NY Strip from an expensive steakhouse(my favorite is Pappas Brothers in Dallas), served medium rare/rare with a cold beer and taters au gratin.

JosephR

When I was younger I used to go frog gigging with a few friends. We would wade in the creek and spear 20 or 30 big bull frogs. Around 10 p.m. on a night with a new moon. Then came the prep.

On a wooden bench cut off the legs just above where they connect below the waist. Not too high or you sever part of the internal organs. Not too low or you end up with 2 legs instead of 2 connected legs. Next they must be skinned. This is easiest with a pair of pliers. Tightly grip the legs where they connect (with your hand) and use the pliers to grab the skin close to your fingers. Once you have acquired the knack all it takes is one good long pull to peal off the entire skin. Toss the legs into the waiting sheet pan on a bed of salt and sprinkle some more salt on top. Since they are fresh they will dance around a bit as the salt hits the still live nerve endings.

When finished with the skinning stir up some egg whites with your favorite seasonings and mix up some good breading in a large bowl. Dip each pair into the egg white and then the breading coating them completely and lay out into a dry sheet pan. I should have mentioned earlier that someone would start and stoke a fire with good hardwood. By now the fire should be almost down to good hot coals.
And another person would have wrapped and placed some large potatoes in the coals.

Place a large iron skillet on the fire and add some cooking oil. Pause now to open a nice large bottle of chilled wine and fill glasses or mugs. That should be sufficient time for the oil to get to temperature. If not, get a refill. Now put the breaded frog legs in the skillet. Watch and turn them when the meat is cooked half way through. That doesn't take long so pay attention and don't overcook.

Serve piping hot with lots of butter for the baked potatoes and a refill on the wine glasses. They are delicious. Some people say they taste a bit like gator tail. Others say it is closer to rattlesnake.

:)

More like chicken

Buzzword

Pancakes:
Mix cinnamon and half-and-half into the batter in addition to water.
You get a lot more "cake" and a lot less "pan".
Served the old fashioned way with butter and maple syrup.

elohiym

I was thinking the best way to eat it for Thanksgiving.
But the smoked turkey sandwich does sound delicious.