The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?

beloved57

Dear beloved57: I realize you are on Tapetalk. I am prepared to wait for you on this link when you can gather your thoughts together for further discussion.

you will be waiting a long time since you refuse to discuss my points and want to deviate to talk about Rom 5. This thread isnt about discussing Rom 5 so i see you later !

FineLinen

Dear beloved57: your post #1 on this thread started with part of Romans 5. If you desire not responding further to the full context so be it. If you should change your tune we shall progress further.

beloved57

Dear beloved57: your post #1 on this thread started with part of Romans 5. If you desire not responding further to the full context so be it. If you should change your tune we shall progress further.
No i don't desire responing to the whole context but to exactly what the op points stated. If you dont desire to do that then we will not proceed further. When you join my discussion please discuss the points i made.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

FineLinen

Dear beloved57: I am so sorry you feel this way. I, on the other hand, delight at every opportunity to speak of the Father who I love beyond words! Romans 5 is one of my favorite expressions from Above. In fact,
the entire revelation of Romans is central to my "orthodoxy".

The Atonement: What did it really accomplish?

#1. At one ment

#2. "Helpless ungodly" welcomed Home to Abba..

#3. The helpless sinners were not good and loveable.

#4. Helpless sinners proclaimed free from guilt through the blood of the Lamb.

#5. God's free "gift" outweighs all transgression.

# 6. The reconciliation is "now."

#7. The comparison? There is no comparison.

#8. The "free gift outweighs" the transgression.

#9. The free gift "immeasurably" outweighs the transgression.

#10. The "mass" of mankind "constituted sinners" the "mass of mankind "constituted righteous".

#11. Polus= polus. The mass made sinners= the mass made righteous.

#12. Jesus Christ is the propitiation for our sins, AKA the "especially"/ the "elect".

#13. Jesus Christ is the propitiation for the "helpless sinners."

#14. The result of a single transgression is a condemnation which extends to the whole race.

#15.The result of a single decree of righteousness is a life-giving acquittal which extends to the whole race.

Romans 5

"For already, while we were still helpless, Christ at the right moment died for the ungodly.

Why, it is scarcely conceivable that any one would die for a simply just man, although for a good and lovable man perhaps some one, here and there, will have the courage even to lay down his life.

But God gives proof of His love to us in Christ's dying for us while we were still sinners.

If therefore we have now been pronounced free from guilt through His blood, much more shall we be delivered from God's anger through Him.

For if while we were hostile to God we were reconciled to Him through the death of His Son, it is still more certain that now that we are reconciled, we shall obtain salvation through Christ's life.

And not only so, but we also exult in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now obtained that reconciliation.

What follows? This comparison. Through one man sin entered into the world, and through sin death, and so death passed to all mankind in turn, in that all sinned.

For prior to the Law sin was already in the world; only it is not entered in the account against us when no Law exists.

Yet Death reigned as king from Adam to Moses even over those who had not sinned, as Adam did, against Law. And in Adam we have a type of Him whose coming was still future.

But God's free gift immeasurably outweighs the transgression. For if through the transgression of the one individual the mass of mankind have died, infinitely greater is the generosity with which God's grace, and the gift given in His grace which found expression in the one man Jesus Christ, have been bestowed on the mass of mankind.

And it is not with the gift as it was with the results of one individual's sin; for the judgement which one individual provoked resulted in condemnation, whereas the free gift after a multitude of transgressions results in acquittal.

For if, through the transgression of the one individual, Death made use of the one individual to seize the sovereignty, all the more shall those who receive God's overflowing grace and gift of righteousness reign as kings in Life through the one individual, Jesus Christ.

It follows then that just as the result of a single transgression is a condemnation which extends to the whole race, so also the result of a single decree of righteousness is a life-giving acquittal which extends to the whole race.

For as through the disobedience of the one individual the mass of mankind were constituted sinners, so also through the obedience of the One the mass of mankind will be constituted righteous."

Romans Chapter 5 - Weymouth New Testament

The mass = polus

The mass of mankind are "made sinners."

The mass of mankind are "made righteous."

The equation is equal on each side

FineLinen

Dear beoved57: This is your mission for today>>>>>>

Please post all Scripture in the Old & New Covenants using the word "limited".

FineLinen

Dear beloved57: This is your mission for today>>>>>>

Please post all Scripture in the Old & New Covenants using the word "limited".

Okay beloved57: You have had long enough; FineLinen will help you with your homework!

Search= "Limited"

Your search has yielded 1 (ONE) Scripture>>>>>>>>

"YOU"

"have limited the Holy One of Israel."

beloved57

Okay beloved57: You have had long enough; FineLinen will help you with your homework!

Search= "Limited"

Your search has yielded 1 (ONE) Scripture>>>>>>>>

"YOU"

"have limited the Holy One of Israel."

You are just spamming up this thread, I have no use for it.

Nanja

Rom 5:1

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

This scripture by moving a comma will read:

Therefore being justified, by faith we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

In other words the Peace we have with God by Christ's Death is revealed to Faith !

Jesus made Peace with God for those He died for, this Peace we have nothing to do with in having it, for it was secured for us by Christ's Death / Blood Col 1:20

20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

This Peace with God was made for those Christ died for through His Blood, and this while we ourselves were being enemies Rom 5:10. This legal Peace of Col 1:20 is the same as the legal reconciliation of Rom 5:10, for Reconciliation was the result of peace being accomplished by the Cross.

This Peace and Reconciliation by the Blood of Christ is not contingent on any act or behavior of men, but is solely an accomplished and established fact, that should be preached as such, hence Paul calls it the Gospel or Good News of Peace Eph 6:15

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

For it rightly cannot be a Gospel of Peace, if its only a possibility of peace with God.

He Preached Peace unto you Eph 2:17

17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

Its not that peace is made available or has been offered you, those are words of false preachers and witnesses, however to all for whom Peace with God through Jesus Christ [His Blood] was accomplished for, God sees to it that Peace is preached unto them Rom 10:15
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Now this Peace / Reconciliation is one of the many accomplishments of the Cross Work of Jesus Christ for His Church, God's Elect World !

Amen, and TY for your very edifying words !

God's Elect, even while being His enemies Rom. 5:10 were already reconciled to Him in their Surety Head Heb. 7:22 and Saviour Christ Jesus from Everlasting, and therefore even then, were secured peace with God Col. 1:20.

Heb. 13:20-21

20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Rom. 5:1
Therefore being justified, by faith we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

So Faith we receive in New Birth Gal. 5:22 is the proof of one's Justification before God.

Its not that peace is made available or has been offered you, those are words of false preachers and witnesses, however to all for whom Peace with God through Jesus Christ [His Blood] was accomplished for, God sees to it that Peace is preached unto them Rom 10:15

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!Now this Peace / Reconciliation is one of the many accomplishments of the Cross Work of Jesus Christ for His Church, God's Elect World !

And with regard to Rom. 10:15, it was You Brother that [many years ago] God sent to preach to me this Gospel of Peace !

beloved57

nanja

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things

Exactly !

FineLinen

And with regard to Rom. 10:15, it was You Brother that [many years ago] God sent to preach to me this Gospel of Peace !

His gospel of peace (& yours) is badly flawed!

Your god has a serious problem! He continues day after day, year after year, age after age allowing a system of ultimate despair (except for the elite elect of course}!

http://www.theworldcounts.com/stories/How-Many-Babies-Are-Born-Each-Day

Many of these babies (born today) will die under the age of 5. How many today & every day worldwide= 15K.

Thank goodness for the escape clause of the "age of accountability" rule!

Wake up beloved57, wake up Nanja: wake up!

Nanja

His gospel of peace (& yours) is badly flawed!

Your god has a serious problem! He continues day after day, year after year, age after age allowing a system of ultimate despair (except for the elite elect of course}!

http://www.theworldcounts.com/stories/How-Many-Babies-Are-Born-Each-Day

Many of these babies (born today) will die under the age of 5. How many today & every day worldwide= 15K.

Thank goodness for the escape clause of the "age of accountability" rule!

Wake up beloved57, wake up Nanja: wake up!

You speak nonsense !

Why ? Because you're lost, the Gospel is hid from you !

2 Cor. 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 in whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Eph. 4:18

Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

2 Tim. 1:8-10

8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

1 Cor. 2:14

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

FineLinen

You speak nonsense !

Why ? Because you're lost, the Gospel is hid from you !

Dear Nanja: Your "gospel" & the creator of this threads "gospel" is hidden from me! I behold the One who proclaims joy which is to ALL people. You behold the vast masses of broken wrecks hopeless (unless they are the "elect"). You behold unending despair for ever and ever and ever for the masses of Adam1: I behold the Last Adam making the same polus "made sinners", "made righteous". Yes, Nanja, I am lost in the wonder of His mighty Plan in the Son of His love, the Master Jesus Christ the Lord!

Nanja

Rom. 9:20-23

20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Prov. 16:4

The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Dan. 4:35

And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

FineLinen

Dear Nanja: Good morning to you! I have only one question for you (at the moment).

Your question=

Please disclose what the koine katartízō from katá means?

"The whole of created life shall be delivered/set free.."

FineLinen

Dear Nanja: Good morning to you! I have only one question for you (at the moment).

Your question=

Please disclose what the koine katartízō from katá means?

"The whole of created life shall be delivered/set free.."

Dear Nanja: Good morning to you. Why have you avoided the question?

The Answer=

To render i.e to fit, sound, complete.

To mend (what has been broken or rent) to repair.

To repair what has been broken or rent.

To complete.

Tto fit out, equip, put in order, arrange, adjust.

To fit or frame for one's self.

To prepare for one's self.

To strengthen, perfect, complete, make one what he ought to be.

To make one what he aught to be

Could it be possible the hilasmos of the holos will actually make the broken wrecks of Adam1 what they aught to be?

YES>>>>>>>YES>>>>>>>YES!

Nanja

More scripture giving the purpose and results of Christ's Death, that those He died for will serve Him ! 2 Cor 5:14-15

14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

Remember the words of the Psalmist Ps 22:30

A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

That word serve means :

to cause to serve as subjects

to labour, work, do work

2) to work for another, serve another by labour

3) to serve as subjects

4) to serve (God)

to compel to labour or work, cause to labour, cause to serve

And Jesus said Jn 12:26

If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

Now that any man[who serves] will be of that seed Ps 22:30

A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

That word seed means:

offspring, descendants as in Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

That seed is all for whom He died or whom His soul was made an offering for sin for !

And Paul writes 2 Cor 5:14-15

14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

The Apostle perceives the Love of Christ, which moved Him to give Himself for His Body the Church [His Seed] Eph 5:25, and that He died for all [The Seed], and the All He died for, died [judicially] with Him, and so they were as He was, all dead. Purpose being:

That we which live, the we being, the all that died with Him, should not live unto themselves in the flesh, as servants of sin, but unto Him that died for them [ Christ their Surety] !

Paul here just described the fruit of Christ's Death, it produces servants for Him. The same exact thing is taught in Titus 2:14, the end of His Redemptive Death produces a People zealous of Good Works !

TY Brother for blessing me with this excellent 3 part study entitled:
Did Christ's Death Succeed it's Purpose ?

The Apostle perceives the Love of Christ, which moved Him to give Himself for His Body the Church [His Seed] Eph 5:25, and that He died for all [The Seed], and the All He died for, died [judicially] with Him, and so they were as He was, all dead. Purpose being:

That we which live, the we being, the all that died with Him, should not live unto themselves in the flesh, as servants of sin, but unto Him that died for them [ Christ their Surety] !

Paul here just described the fruit of Christ's Death, it produces servants for Him. The same exact thing is taught in Titus 2:14, the end of His Redemptive Death produces a People zealous of Good Works !

Yes Indeed !

Heb. 9:14
How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

And as you have previously pointed out to me, that word purge in Heb. 9:14 is the same Greek word, katharizō for the word purify in Titus 2:14.