The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?

beloved57

Indeed it does Brother !

1 Pet. 1:4-5
To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Mat. 26:29
But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Mat. 25:34
Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Rev. 19:9
And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Rev. 22:20
He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Amen Bless you !

Nanja

Rom 5:18

18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life

The Justification that the Resurrection of Jesus Christ gave witness to and evidence of in Rom 4:25

25 who was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised because of our justification.

And that is Justification of Life ! That is the effect that Christ's Death alone produces. It comes through one man's righteous act, Now to deny this is to deny the Gospel of free grace salvation.

And no, ,the all men here does not mean all men without exception, but the all men whom Christ had given to Him by the Father, or the Church of which He was the Head of !

Amen to all three parts !

When Christ Jesus was raised from the dead as the Great Shepherd of the Sheep Heb. 13:20, it was for them exclusively; that is, only a segment of the whole of humanity...His Body the Church, those Chosen in Him of the Father to be Holy and without blame before Him in Love Eph. 1:4-5 to have forgiveness of sins Eph. 1:7 [the Election of Grace]. So being raised together with Him Eph. 2:4-6, every one of them without exception, received Justification of Life Rom. 5:18, and were declared Righteous / Justified according to God's Law and Justice even from Everlasting: Before they are born again and given to Believe on Him Phil. 1:29 in Time 1 Pet. 1:3-5 !

beloved57

It gathers in the Sheep, the Elect, or the Children of God !

This is something religionist dont understand about the atoning death of Christ. Its the effective means by which all of Gods children are gathered unto Him. Ps 147:2

2 The Lord doth build up Jerusalem: he gathereth together the outcasts of Israel.

I believe this scripture does also apply to a spiritual jerusalem and israel, the Church of Christ. The Lord Jesus Christ does the gathering Isa 49:5

And now, saith the Lord that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the Lord, and my God shall be my strength.

Jn 11:51-52

51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

Jesus dying is in connection with His gathering together of Gods elect, the children of God.

Gen 49:10

The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh[Jesus]​ come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.

This gathering is also equivalent to bringing about obedience to the One gathering.

Eph 1:10

10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

1 Peter 3:18

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring[gather] us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit

Nanja

It gathers in the Sheep, the Elect, or the Children of God !

This is something religionist dont understand about the atoning death of Christ. Its the effective means by which all of Gods children are gathered unto Him. Ps 147:2

2 The Lord doth build up Jerusalem: he gathereth together the outcasts of Israel.

I believe this scripture does also apply to a spiritual jerusalem and israel, the Church of Christ. The Lord Jesus Christ does the gathering Isa 49:5

And now, saith the Lord that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the Lord, and my God shall be my strength.

Jn 11:51-52

51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

Jesus dying is in connection with His gathering together of Gods elect, the children of God.

Gen 49:10

The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh[Jesus]​ come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.

This gathering is also equivalent to bringing about obedience to the One gathering.

Eph 1:10

10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

1 Peter 3:18

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring[gather] us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit

Christ's Atoning Death gathers together In One, Christ their Head, all things: That is, all who were Chosen of God In Union with Him before the foundation of the world to have remission of sins Eph. 1:4-7 / Salvation Is. 45:17, whether jew or gentile. And so for them, the Sheep, the Elect, the Children of God, Christ's Death effects their being brought to God by Him through God-given Faith Gal. 5:22, and Given Life when they are quickened by the Spirit in New Birth 1 Pet. 3:18; 1 Cor. 15:45 !

Nanja

Heb 10:14 By one offering he hath perfected for ever, which includes the doing away with unbelief !

Amen to posts #192 and #193 !

Yes, it was absolutely Christ's Death alone that absolved all His Elect Eph. 1:4-7 of all time, from all their sins, by His One Offering Heb. 10:14 in their behalf.

Therefore, it eliminates the work of their own believing to have any part whatsoever to effect God's forgiveness of their sins, because it was based solely upon Christ's One Offering of Himself Heb. 10:14 for His Elect / Sheep which guaranteed their Salvation: Satisfying God's Law and Justice on their behalf exclusively and forever !

beloved57

The Antichrist teachers, many of them teach that Christ did not die for the sin of unbelief, but that is another lie. If Christ did not die for that sin, and believing in Christ is something man does apart from Christ's satisfying God's law and Justice on our behalf for our sins, then we are saved by something we did apart from the atonement of Christ's satisfaction, if its true that Christ did not die for unbelief !

However, the sin of unbelief along with all other sins have been paid for by Christ's Death for all whom He died, and they are before God's Law and Justice perfected forever !

For unbelief did not prevent Paul from being saved by Christ's Death from His Testimony here 1 Tim 1:12-16

12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;

13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Paul testifies to the Grace of God saving Him out of and in spite of His Ignorance and Unbelief, which all of God's Elect are in at first Rom 11:32

32 For God hath concluded them all [The Elect] in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

But back to Heb 10:14, by His Death [alone] He hath perfected [perfect passive participle] forever all whom are being sanctified, that are in a sanctified state ! This means that everyone Christ died for, that even though as others by nature, they are children of wrath, nevertheless unlike them, they are at the same time in a state of sanctification by Christ's Blood Heb 10:10, for the passover Lamb has been slain for them. They are all like Jeremiah 1:5 He was sanctified before he came out of his Mothers womb by the Purpose of God, but that said, he was still born like other men of his day, by nature a child of wrath, a sinner, and needed to be experientially reconciled to God like this Col 1:21

21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled !

All of God's Elect will experience this reconciliation because of the perfection of the Death of Christ which this is the fruit of !

Absolutely Brother, and perfectly stated !

God's Elect are His Vessels of Mercy which He had prepared unto Glory Rom. 9:23; Eph. 2:10: Eternal Glory by predestination, which WE, God's Elect obtained in our Surety Substitute and Mediator Christ Jesus before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9 !

Rom. 8:33
Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

beloved57

Amen to posts #192 and #193 !

Yes, it was absolutely Christ's Death alone that absolved all His Elect Eph. 1:4-7 of all time, from all their sins, by His One Offering Heb. 10:14 in their behalf.

Therefore, it eliminates the work of their own believing to have any part whatsoever to effect God's forgiveness of their sins, because it was based solely upon Christ's One Offering of Himself Heb. 10:14 for His Elect / Sheep which guaranteed their Salvation: Satisfying God's Law and Justice on their behalf exclusively and forever !

beloved57

Absolutely Brother, and perfectly stated !

God's Elect are His Vessels of Mercy which He had prepared unto Glory Rom. 9:23; Eph. 2:10: Eternal Glory by predestination, which WE, God's Elect obtained in our Surety Substitute and Mediator Christ Jesus before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9 !

Rom. 8:33
Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
I thank God for your fellowship in the truth.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

beloved57

It makes many to be made alive !

The obedience unto death of Christ is more effective than the disobedience of adam, so brings about a more glorious result. Rom 5:15

15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Now as by Adams one offence many be dead, dead to God and spiritually dead, all men by nature are dead spiritually the wages of sin, but because of Christ's obedience and the gift by Gods grace, it abounds to the many which makes them alive from the dead. Thats why Paul tells sinners that were spiritually dead, God made them alive through Christ, quickened them, so that they are or were saved by that abounding grace Eph 2:5

Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

So if one is never made spiritually alive to God out of being spiritually dead, Christ could not have tasted death for them Heb 2:9

beloved57

Just as the elects oneness in Adam bought their death, likewise and even more, their oness in Christ brings their resurrection from the dead.1 Cor 15:22

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.

This includes their spiritual resurrection from spiritual death.

Nanja

Just as the elects oneness in Adam bought their death, likewise and even more, their oness in Christ brings their resurrection from the dead.1 Cor 15:22

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.

This includes their spiritual resurrection from spiritual death.

Amen to both parts !

Those Christ died for, His Sheep / Elect Chosen in Him to have forgiveness of sins Eph. 1:4-7, are the same ones exclusively which were quickened together with Him, their Covenant Head and Surety Heb. 7:22 when He rose from the dead Heb. 13:20; Eph. 2:5; Col. 2:13. And it's these very same ones that shall be made Alive experimentally in New Birth in Time as the direct result of Christ putting away their sins before God's Law and Justice: All to Glory and Grace of God !

beloved 57

So if one is never made spiritually alive to God out of being spiritually dead, Christ could not have tasted death for them Heb 2:9

Exactly, because they were not of the Chosen Sons of God, Christ was not the captain of their salvation Heb. 2:10.

Nanja

Isa 42:6-7

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

Christ's Covenental Death, for all the Covenant People, which are all those the Father gave Him Per Jn 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

And to these it says "and give thee for a covenant of the people,"

These are also the Children of Promise Rom 9:8, now to them, He delivers them all from the prison of unbelief, for that is the promise here indicated in this scripture, because unbelief is a prison, and all for whom Christ died must be brought out of that Prison.

Unbelief is a Prison we know from Paul's statement regarding God's Judgment against the Elect for sin, He concluded them all in Unbelief Rom 11:32

32 For God hath concluded them all in or into unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

The key here is the meaning of the word concluded ! It is the greek word sygkleiō and means:

to shut up together, enclose

a) of a shoal of fishes in a net

2) to shut up on all sides, shut up completely

Notice, to shut up on all sides or to enclose !

It means:

to shut or hem in; close in on all sides

Of course the idea conveyed is to confine or to imprison, and so it is , all the elect are by nature imprisoned, confined, enclosed in unbelief.

God is the primary and first cause of this as stated in Rom 11:32, but God also employs satan as a secondary cause, the god and prince of this world, and so it is written of him 2 Cor 4:3-4a

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,

All by nature are shut into unbelief by satan and the blindness of the mind he causes by the permission or will of God See Eph 4:18 also !

However, everyone Christ died for, His Covenental and Redemptive Death, by His Blood, has opened blind eyes and brought out the prisoners from the prison of unbelief !

The word prison in Isa 42:7 is the hebrew word macger and means:

a shutting up, locksmith, smith, dungeon, enclosure, builder of bulwarks

Christ's Redeeming Covenental Death for His People brings all for whom He died out of the prison, the enclosure of unbelief which they are in by nature.

So if any that Christ died for remain in unbelief, and never come to saving Faith in Christ, that would mean that satan, the god of this world, was victorious over Christ and His Blood, and God's justice being satisfied for that one did not release them from the prison of unbelief ! That means that satan was stronger than Christ; And many right today, who call themselves Gospel Preachers, they would tell us that a great many for whom Christ died, will died or remain in unbelief.

It should go without saying, that all such preachers and professing christians are liars and are ignorant to the Accomplishments of Christ's Covenental Death !

Zech 9:11

As for thee also, by the blood of thy covenant I have sent forth thy prisoners out of the pit wherein is no water.

Absolutely ! Those false teachers are blinded to the fact that the Covenant Blessings of Christ's Death are exclusive to the World [kosmos] of People He died for John 1:29 and Saves from sin Mat. 1:21; His Sheep John 10:11,15, and sets them free from the prison of unbelief.

The goats however, shall remain imprisoned in unbelief until the Day of Judgment; burned in everlasting fire Mat. 25:41.

Rev. 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Nanja

Jesus said to Nicodemus Jn 3:7

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

And this is True of everyone that Christ was made sin for 2 Cor 5:21

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

This because, Christ's Death [being made a sin offering] that makes all for whom He died Righteous before God, it demands that they be made Righteous experientially with a communicated principle of Holiness in them, of which without, no man shall see the Lord Heb 12:14

14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

This Holiness is the imparted or communicated Righteousness of Christ received at New Birth !

Now that Christ's Death for those He died for does effect for them the New Birth, or their Conversion is taught in many scriptures, and particularly here 2 Cor 5:21,19

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

The fact that He was made sin for them, that is a sin offering, by God charging all their sins, trespasses upon Him, for remember God did not impute their trespasses or sins upon them Vs 19 and the stated outcome of this was for them [whose sins were imputed or charged to Christ] might be made the Righteousness of God in Him !

Now the word made is interesting, it is the greek word ginomai and its the aorist subjunctive [denoting purpose because of the conjunction hina] which means to come into existence, am born,it denotes a transitioning from one condition to another See [ Jn 5:24] a conversion, So this is speaking of the imparted Righteousness of Christ they receive in their New Birth, for it also makes them a New Man Created as in Eph 4:24

24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Yes, thats the Righteousness spoken of to be made to them in 2 Cor 5:21

Thats why the verb ginomai is very relevant with its " come into existence or being meaning", which also the word created denotes !

Also God only makes them experientially Righteous with New Birth whom He made objectively Righteous by Imputation of Christ's Righteousness, which was from Christ's obedience or death Rom 5:19b, this compliments 2 Cor 5:21 !

So if anyone Christ died for does not become experientially Righteous, and receive of the Holiness by which without none shall see the Lord in peace, then His Death was a failure within the Purpose of God !

TY Brother, I was Blessed by this excellent teaching in the scriptures 1 Cor. 2:13 !

FineLinen

For already, while we were still helpless, Christ at the right moment died for the ungodly.

Why, it is scarcely conceivable that any one would die for a simply just man, although for a good and lovable man perhaps some one, here and there, will have the courage even to lay down his life.

But God gives proof of His love to us in Christ's dying for us while we were still sinners.

If therefore we have now been pronounced free from guilt through His blood, much more shall we be delivered from God's anger through Him.

For if while we were hostile to God we were reconciled to Him through the death of His Son, it is still more certain that now that we are reconciled, we shall obtain salvation through Christ's life.

And not only so, but we also exult in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now obtained that reconciliation.

What follows? This comparison. Through one man sin entered into the world, and through sin death, and so death passed to all mankind in turn, in that all sinned.

For prior to the Law sin was already in the world; only it is not entered in the account against us when no Law exists.

Yet Death reigned as king from Adam to Moses even over those who had not sinned, as Adam did, against Law. And in Adam we have a type of Him whose coming was still future.

But God's free gift immeasurably outweighs the transgression. For if through the transgression of the one individual the mass of mankind have died, infinitely greater is the generosity with which God's grace, and the gift given in His grace which found expression in the one man Jesus Christ, have been bestowed on the mass of mankind.

And it is not with the gift as it was with the results of one individual's sin; for the judgement which one individual provoked resulted in condemnation, whereas the free gift after a multitude of transgressions results in acquittal.

For if, through the transgression of the one individual, Death made use of the one individual to seize the sovereignty, all the more shall those who receive God's overflowing grace and gift of righteousness reign as kings in Life through the one individual, Jesus Christ.

It follows then that just as the result of a single transgression is a condemnation which extends to the whole race, so also the result of a single decree of righteousness is a life-giving acquittal which extends to the whole race.

For as through the disobedience of the one individual the mass of mankind were constituted sinners, so also through the obedience of the One the mass of mankind will be constituted righteous.

http://www.htmlbible.com/weymouth_nt/B45C005.htm

The mass = polus

The mass of mankind are "made sinners."

The mass of mankind are "made righteous."

The equation is equal on each side!"

beloved57

For already, while we were still helpless, Christ at the right moment died for the ungodly.

Why, it is scarcely conceivable that any one would die for a simply just man, although for a good and lovable man perhaps some one, here and there, will have the courage even to lay down his life.

But God gives proof of His love to us in Christ's dying for us while we were still sinners.

If therefore we have now been pronounced free from guilt through His blood, much more shall we be delivered from God's anger through Him.

For if while we were hostile to God we were reconciled to Him through the death of His Son, it is still more certain that now that we are reconciled, we shall obtain salvation through Christ's life.

And not only so, but we also exult in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now obtained that reconciliation.

What follows? This comparison. Through one man sin entered into the world, and through sin death, and so death passed to all mankind in turn, in that all sinned.

For prior to the Law sin was already in the world; only it is not entered in the account against us when no Law exists.

Yet Death reigned as king from Adam to Moses even over those who had not sinned, as Adam did, against Law. And in Adam we have a type of Him whose coming was still future.

But God's free gift immeasurably outweighs the transgression. For if through the transgression of the one individual the mass of mankind have died, infinitely greater is the generosity with which God's grace, and the gift given in His grace which found expression in the one man Jesus Christ, have been bestowed on the mass of mankind.

And it is not with the gift as it was with the results of one individual's sin; for the judgement which one individual provoked resulted in condemnation, whereas the free gift after a multitude of transgressions results in acquittal.

For if, through the transgression of the one individual, Death made use of the one individual to seize the sovereignty, all the more shall those who receive God's overflowing grace and gift of righteousness reign as kings in Life through the one individual, Jesus Christ.

It follows then that just as the result of a single transgression is a condemnation which extends to the whole race, so also the result of a single decree of righteousness is a life-giving acquittal which extends to the whole race.

For as through the disobedience of the one individual the mass of mankind were constituted sinners, so also through the obedience of the One the mass of mankind will be constituted righteous.

http://www.htmlbible.com/weymouth_nt/B45C005.htm

The mass = polus

The mass of mankind are "made sinners."

The mass of mankind are "made righteous."

The equation is equal on each side!"
Did you want to discuss a particular post ?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

FineLinen

Welcome to the hilasmos of the holos!

"He is the propitiation for our sins"

But wait: there is more!

"and not for our sins ONLY, but for the sins of the whole ungodly multitude."