The Absolute Oneness of God

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
God, all-encompassing

God, all-encompassing

So then,

evidently you do not believe that God is capable of explaining who He is.

If you consider what was written carefully, consciously,...you'll see the reason, logic behind it. I see it as philosophically sound. 'God' is indeed quite capable of explaining and revealing Himself, and has done so to all people, within all religious traditions that have opened themselves to his reality, which is impossible not to, since God is omnipresent. 'God', a 'term' representing 'Reality' or 'Truth' (including all that is impersonal and personal), is the inherent reality ever at hand.

LIGHT is includes in all the different colours or rays of a rainbow, they are just vibrating and expressing at different frequencies. Like the Sun and its rays. You cannot deny some of the colours of the Light in its various forms and claim you truly worship or appreciate the Central Sun, which is its source.

I am sure God is eternally grateful for you adding to His wisdom.

I'm sure He/She is :) - since God is augmenting and enhacing his own experiential knowledge thru the experience of all individual members of his cosmic body. If we are individual expressions, offspring, extensions of 'God',...then we are a collective community of continuing evolution and co-creation. We are all members of one another, a manifold unity.

Ben Masada

Yes, I'm comparing the reality of man's experience of 'being' with God's reality of 'Being', since man's 'being' exists because of God's 'Being', inter-dependently speaking. Since man's very existence inheres in 'God', man's true nature and subsistence is of the nature and essence of 'God', even if derivative of 'God' as its 'source',....the 'wellspring' and the 'streams' are one ;)

I take a more Hindu/Buddhist/Theosophical view of 'Brahman' (Universal Supreme Soul) and 'atman'(individual soul) being 'one' but there are few different ways of interpreting or qualifying this 'oneness' in the eastern schools :)

Now I understand the Jewish God is wholly 'other', but I see 'God' as including all 'others' as expressions, reflections or extensions of Himself, as a creative play in space-time. (God is 'holy' as in 'other', 'separate', 'distinct' from all that is not eternal/infinite/immortal, but He includes all other components, parts, attributes, features as they arise in the play of creation, intergrating them and dis-integrating them back into Himself). We explore this more in my 'Return To Oneness' thread. I'm happy to continue exploring this with you.

So am I Freelight as I am starting to perceive the truth of your words.

Ben Masada

Glad to hear, as we expand consciousness. Have you studied much of the Kaballah?

No Freelight. Kaballah is too glossed into Mysticism and without enough explanation that the language used is too metaphorical. It confuses the mind of any reader into a false image of reality.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Jewish esoterica......

Jewish esoterica......

No Freelight. Kaballah is too glossed into Mysticism and without enough explanation that the language used is too metaphorical.

I've delved into it some over the years, and find aspects of it to be a pretty comprehensive system or format of esoteric values and meanings, which to a metaphysician or philosopher has some significance, as far as contextualizing things within its paradigm.
I think our thread on it has been deleted, so a future thread on it may be forthcoming.

You must admit however, that you cannot take all religious writing 'literally', as some language is 'metaphorical', 'figurative', 'allegorical'.

Kabbalah (wiki)

Ben Masada

I've delved into it some over the years, and find aspects of it to be a pretty comprehensive system or format of esoteric values and meanings, which to a metaphysician or philosopher has some significance, as far as contextualizing things within its paradigm.
I think our thread on it has been deleted, so a future thread on it may be forthcoming.

You must admit however, that you cannot take all religious writing 'literally', as some language is 'metaphorical', 'figurative', 'allegorical'.

Kabbalah (wiki)

I am well-aware of that, believe me!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Potpourri......

Potpourri......

If you see Jesus you see the father.

Yes, since Jesus represents his Father ;)

Jesus is the Agent of 'God', the 'Son' of God, the Anointed of God.

Now of course we can spiritualize the 'oneness' of them into a celestial Godhead and assume them co-equal, co-eternal' and all that fun stuff,...that's just one option among others. Suit yourself.

Aimiel

Unfortunately, Jesus is dead; but fortunately, given the statement above, no one can see Jesus.

No longer I live... but Christ lives in me. If you've seen me: you've seen The Father. There is none good, except God. If you see love or goodness in ANYONE, you are seeing God.

Ben Masada

No longer I live... but Christ lives in me. If you've seen me: you've seen The Father. There is none good, except God. If you see love or goodness in ANYONE, you are seeing God.

Do you understand from the title of this thread what "Absolute Oneness" is? That's how HaShem is perceived by His own chosen People which Jesus said are those who worship Him in spirit and in truth. (John 4:24) Prophet Isaiah said that HaShem cannot be compared with anything at all. (Isa. 46:5) And Moses also had made it sure enough not to compare HaShem with anything the likeness of male of female. (Deut. 4:15,16)

Aimiel

Do you understand that God chose the foolish things of this world to confound those who profess to be wise?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Why are Jews and Muslims so incapable of understanding the Trinity? The Trinity is logically sound and yet people like to make fictions and straw men out of it to argue against it.
It's not a difficult thing to understand, it's simply just out of the realm of conventional reasoning much like a lot of other things that are otherwise still true.
'Oneness' Christians don't understand that, if you put Isaiah and the New Testament side by side, the Trinity is absolutely inescapable- you can't actually come to a conclusion of 'oneness'. Arius was mistaken, despite his resilience in the matter.

Ben Masada

Why are Jews and Muslims so incapable of understanding the Trinity? The Trinity is logically sound and yet people like to make fictions and straw men out of it to argue against it. It's not a difficult thing to understand, it's simply just out of the realm of conventional reasoning much like a lot of other things that are otherwise still true. 'Oneness' Christians don't understand that, if you put Isaiah and the New Testament side by side, the Trinity is absolutely inescapable- you can't actually come to a conclusion of 'oneness'. Arius was mistaken, despite his resilience in the matter.

I have done that already and more than once; I mean, to put Isaiah and the NT side by side and HaShem absolute Oneness is still a fact. If you read Isa. 46:5 for intance, I wonder how you can still compare Isaiah with the NT. Can you quote something to justify your claim?