The Absolute Oneness of God

Ben Masada

Isaiah says that, absolutely, God cannot be compared with anyone or anything, as we read Isaiah 46:5. "To whom will ye liken Me, and make Me equal to , or compare Me with, that we may be alike?"

Therefore, more than one God would have been unable to produce the world; one would have impeded the work of the other, unless this could be avoided by a suitable division of labor.

More than one Divine Being would have one element in common, and would differ in another; each would thus consist of two elements, and would not be God.

More than one God are moved to action by will; the will, without a substratum, could not act simultaneously in more than one being.

Therefore, the existence of one God is proved; the existence of more than one God cannot be proved. One could suggest that it would be possible; but since as possibility is inapplicable to God, there does not exist more than one God. So, the possibility of ascertaining the existence of God is here confounded with potentiality of existence.

Again, if one God suffices, a second or third God would be superfluous; if one God is not sufficient, he is not perfect, and cannot be a deity.

Now, besides being God absolutely One, He is incorporeal. If God were corporeal, He would consist of atoms, and would not be one; or he would be comparable to other beings; but a comparison implies the existence of similar and of dissimilar elements, and God would thus not be One. A corporeal God would be finite, and an external power would be required to define those limits.

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned

Isaiah says that, absolutely, God cannot be compared with anyone or anything, as we read Isaiah 46:5. "To whom will ye liken Me, and make Me equal to , or compare Me with, that we may be alike?"

Therefore, more than one God would have been unable to produce the world; one would have impeded the work of the other, unless this could be avoided by a suitable division of labor.

More than one Divine Being would have one element in common, and would differ in another; each would thus consist of two elements, and would not be God.

More than one God are moved to action by will; the will, without a substratum, could not act simultaneously in more than one being.

Therefore, the existence of one God is proved; the existence of more than one God cannot be proved. One could suggest that it would be possible; but since as possibility is inapplicable to God, there does not exist more than one God. So, the possibility of ascertaining the existence of God is here confounded with potentiality of existence.

Again, if one God suffices, a second or third God would be superfluous; if one God is not sufficient, he is not perfect, and cannot be a deity.

Now, besides being God absolutely One, He is incorporeal. If God were corporeal, He would consist of atoms, and would not be one; or he would be comparable to other beings; but a comparison implies the existence of similar and of dissimilar elements, and God would thus not be One. A corporeal God would be finite, and an external power would be required to define those limits.

The universe deities are unified and subordinate to God the Universal Father. The One God concept. The Son NEVER has an agenda separate from The Father.

John 5:19

"For this reason therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God. Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner. "For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself is doing; and the Father will show Him greater works than these, so that you will marvel".…

Jesus never claimed to have an agenda separate from the Lord God of Israel. Jesus was a living revelation of that Father.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The universe deities are unified and subordinate to God the Universal Father. The One God concept. The Son NEVER has an agenda separate from The Father.

"For this reason therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God. Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner. "For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself is doing; and the Father will show Him greater works than these, so that you will marvel".…

Jesus never claimed to have an agenda separate from the Lord God of Israel. Jesus was a living revelation of that Father.

I said
The only agenda Jesus had was to obey the Father.

John 12:48-50
48 "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him-- the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
49 "For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
50 "And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
Well the Jews did get that part right.

Ben Masada

The point is that there is no such a thing as a second person called the son in the Trinity of God neither a third called Holy Ghost in the Trinity. There is no Trinity at all, for God is absolutely One and the Only Lord. (Deut. 4:6 and Mark 12:29) And there is nothing you can do to replace the absolute Oneness of God with whatever you have in mind. This is Jewish Monotheism and not Greek Polytheism.

PureX

If "God" filled a room with a lot of different doors, and we went around opening those doors, it's very likely that God would "look different" through each one of them, because we would only be seeing a small part of the whole of God, that's inside.

Religions that have multiple gods, or demigods, view these as different godlike manifestations of a single 'meta-God' that is otherwise beyond our comprehension, and is often left unnamed for that reason. And Christianity is no different. The 'Trinity' is made up of three different manifestations, or expressions, of one God. A human manifestation in the form of Jesus the Christ, an internal spiritual manifestation within each of us called the "Holy Spirit", and the inexplicable meta-manifestation of God as the creator and sustainer of all that exists that has no name but is simply referred to as "God" or "God the Father".

These are not different gods, or demigods. They are simply different manifestations of God as experienced and understood from OUR limited and relative perspective. And in that sense, Christianity is no different from Hinduism, Shintoism, Islam, or most other religions with multiple divinities.

iamaberean

How do you explain Gen 1:26 if there is only one God?

Ben Masada

If "God" filled a room with a lot of different doors, and we went around opening those doors, it's very likely that God would "look different" through each one of them, because we would only be seeing a small part of the whole of God, that's inside.

Religions that have multiple gods, or demigods, view these as different godlike manifestations of a single 'meta-God' that is otherwise beyond our comprehension, and is often left unnamed for that reason. And Christianity is no different. The 'Trinity' is made up of three different manifestations, or expressions, of one God. A human manifestation in the form of Jesus the Christ, an internal spiritual manifestation within each of us called the "Holy Spirit", and the inexplicable meta-manifestation of God as the creator and sustainer of all that exists that has no name but is simply referred to as "God" or "God the Father".

These are not different gods, or demigods. They are simply different manifestations of God as experienced and understood from OUR limited and relative perspective. And in that sense, Christianity is no different from Hinduism, Shintoism, Islam, or most other religions with multiple divinities.

Two problems with your post above. First, it is hypothetical and the Truth cannot be sought through hypotheses. The second problem is that you suggest an analogy of God by way of tricks of imagination. It doesn't go that way.

Ben Masada

There is only one God and It has no images. The reference to God's image in Gen. 1:26 is a reference to God's attributes which some of them were shared with man as a partnership in the dominion of the universe. Like this:

Impersonation of God's Attributes - Genesis 1:26

"Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. Let them have dominion over... the whole earth."

The above passage of Genesis has been for years the trump card in the hands of Trinitarians to drop at the right time in the assumed thought that it will guarantee them to clean up the table, so to speak. Well, let them think again, because I have news. It's no longer that easy.

Elohim is incorporeal, and incorporeality reflects no image. But then again, how to harmonize the use of the pronouns in the plural form? The attributes of God, which are part of His essence, were impersonated for the formation of man.

Bear in mind that only in the creation of man was the statement issued: To make man at God's image. Since God has no visible image, and man does, it's only obvious that man's image would be according to God's attributes. Therefore, His attributes in a relative portion, were the active agent in the formation of man.

Now, it's imperative to focus on the pronouns used by the sacred writer, since the pronouns are anyways what Trinitarians use to think they have made their day. "Let US make MAN in OUR image and likeness. And let THEM have dominion over everything on earth."

Now, focus on the word MAN. It is in the singular form. Nevertheless, the purpose is for THEM to dominate the earth. If THEM were a reference to man, a clarification would be in order to explain the discrepancy in the Grammar. I mean, that it would be a reference to all men. This lack of clarification was not a lapse of the author, but intentional will to direct our minds to the attributes of God, which took part in the formation of man.

It's interesting and just convenient for Trinitarians to rapidly refer "us" and "our" to God Himself and hide any word of explanation on the plural pronoun "them," which could not be a reference to man. I hope they do not do this on purpose because it would be spiritual cruelty to hide the truth.

I hope we have settled this issue. Since "them" is not a reference to man but to the attributes of God, it's only obvious that "us" and "our" are not references to God Himself but to His attributes. Therefore, the Creator of the Universe is He Who has dominion over the whole of the Universe through man by way of His attributes.

Conclusion:

It's more than obvious that Israel could not uphold the banner of absolute Monotheism in God, and start the Scriptures with statements of plurality in God. The whole issue therefore, was personification of attributes.

PureX

Two problems with your post above. First, it is hypothetical and the Truth cannot be sought through hypotheses.
Being that we humans are not omniscient, the truth, for us, can ONLY be sought through hypothesis. Unless, of course, you just want to make thing up and then pretend they are undoubtably true.
The second problem is that you suggest an analogy of God by way of tricks of imagination. It doesn't go that way.
The whole idea of God is an "imaginary" hypothesis. That's what ideas are. The question is; does the idea correspond to the truth of reality? And as yet, we have nonobjective way of determining that. But we do have some subjective ways we can try, and for me those are good enough. I don't have to pretend I know everything, nor do I have to pretend I know anything for certain.

Nazaroo

Sadly, the Jewish sages got it wrong.

When the LORD asserts He is One (Deut. 6:4),
it cannot be a mere crude head counting.
That is the over-literal, primitive ignorance of the bedouin sheep herder,
and is the same inspiration behind Islam.

If 'God' is really "One" merely in the sense of one person, Jews might as well make peace
with the Muslims and unite against Christianity and all other multiple-god religions.

But most Jews really aren't as stupid as muslim camel jockeys,
and Ben Masada knows better.

When the LORD asserts He is ONE, He does mean a unity:
A unity of nature and purpose whether it is by His common names,
El, El Shaddai, Ha Shem, Adonay, Elohim etc.
or by His secret Name, revealed to the ancient Israelites,
which is no mere "name".

It is again a grand statement pregnant with meaning and not meant to be
obscured in some Kabbalistic nonsense.

The LORD says "I AM WHO I AM: Tell the descendents of Israel 'I AM' has sent you." (Exodus 3:14)

It was forbidden to take the Name (Ha Shem) presumptuously, as stated in
the Ten Commandments.
Only the Coming One, the Messiah, prophesied by Moses would and could
announce Himself by the very word, the secret shared by every educated Israelite:

The LORD's Name is "I AM".

Jesus then stood up in the Temple and spoke using the same name and authority as Moses:

"If you do not believe in I AM, you will die in your sins." - John 8:24

Jesus openly and deliberately took the Name of God as His authority,
as prophesied by Moses:

"You shall LISTEN to Him." (Deut. 18:15) And do all that He commands.

Israel was divided when the Messiah came:

Into sheep (cooperative and receptive followers) and goats (stubborn fools). (Matt. 25:31-46)

The goats were destroyed by the Kittim (the Roman Armies)
and so was fulfilled the prophecy:

"One shall be taken, and one left." (Luke 17:34)

The LORD destroyed 50% of the Jews (the goats) 40 years after they rejected the Messiah.

bybee

And yet within our singular bodies you and are tripartite beings( in a way).
We are composed of body, mind and spirit working synergistically as one.
Who but God can limit God?

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
which is no mere "name".
A unity of existance, not persons.

The LORD says "I AM WHO I AM: Tell the descendents of Israel 'I AM' has sent you." (Exodus 3:14)

the Ten Commandments.
announce Himself by the very word, the secret shared by every educated Israelite:

The name is Yahweh, not I AM Nazaroo the Roo. Anything connecting the meaning of the word YHWH to 'I AM' instead of 'he causes what is' reeks of bad research. That Biblical Greek "scholars" know little, one needs to look no further than this to conclude most [to have] weak skills.

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
Well God discussed it apparently with the Us in verse 26. But changed His mind because in verse 27 He decided to make man in His own image. Do you understand that the Us in 26 could have been the angels or the 24 elders in heaven.

Gen 1:26-27
26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
(NKJ)

Rev 4:10
10 the twenty-four elders fall down before Him who sits on the throne and worship Him who lives forever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying:
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Sadly, the Jewish sages got it wrong.

When the LORD asserts He is One (Deut. 6:4),
it cannot be a mere crude head counting.
That is the over-literal, primitive ignorance of the bedouin sheep herder,
and is the same inspiration behind Islam.

If 'God' is really "One" merely in the sense of one person, Jews might as well make peace
with the Muslims and unite against Christianity and all other multiple-god religions.

But most Jews really aren't as stupid as muslim camel jockeys,
and Ben Masada knows better.

which is no mere "name".

It is again a grand statement pregnant with meaning and not meant to be
obscured in some Kabbalistic nonsense.

the Ten Commandments.

Jesus then stood up in the Temple and spoke using the same name and authority as Moses:

"If you do not believe in I AM, you will die in your sins." - John 8:24

Jesus openly and deliberately took the Name of God as His authority,
as prophesied by Moses:

"You shall LISTEN to Him." (Deut. 18:15) And do all that He commands.

Israel was divided when the Messiah came:

Into sheep (cooperative and receptive followers) and goats (stubborn fools). (Matt. 25:31-46)

The goats were destroyed by the Kittim (the Roman Armies)
and so was fulfilled the prophecy:

"One shall be taken, and one left." (Luke 17:34)

The LORD destroyed 50% of the Jews (the goats) 40 years after they rejected the Messiah.

I said
You have got some very poor interpretation there. The I AM in the old testament is different from the I Am in the new testament. Remember God said He would send strong delusions in the new testament if you didn't have a true love of the truth.

The I AM Delusion

John 7:39-43
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
40 Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a truth this is the Prophet.
41 Others said, This is the Christ. But some said, Shall Christ come out of Galilee?
42 Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?
43 So there was a division among the people because of him.

John 8:21
21 Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.
John 8:23-24
23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
John 8:28-29
28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
John 8:58-59
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.
(KJV)
xxx Jesus was teaching in the temple and they were questioning Him on whether or not He was the Christ. Then they all went home and came back the next day to question Him some more. When Jesus told them: you will die in your sins if you do not believe that I am He. Then in verse 58 Jesus was telling them that even before Abraham that I am . But they picked up stones to throw at Him so they cut Jesus off in the middle of His sentance and Jesus got out of there. Jesus was claiming that" I AM He" the Christ. Jesus was not claiming He was God.
verse 24 and 28 Jesus said it, I am he. Jesus was saying He was the Christ that they were speaking of in John 7-41. But in is obvious why they didnt understand from John 7-39 they havent received the Holy Spirit yet. And even today many do not know the Spirit and get deceived in the verses.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
And yet within our singular bodies you and are tripartite beings( in a way).
We are composed of body, mind and spirit working synergistically as one.
Who but God can limit God?

I said
I have always thought a lot of you. I would hate to see you fall for the trinity delusion.

j4jesus09

Yahweh our God is Spirit. God is one. God was in Jesus(Yeshua) reconciling the world to Himself. THe Father is Spirit. The FAther was in Jesus the man as the bible say. But Jesus had a spirit though to identify him as a man does but was Jesus' spirit begot before the earth was created. Unlike Jesus, we were all born on this earth first and given a spirit. Jesus was born before he came to earth. Jesus thought like God our Father would think for he was the Son of God. Since Christ we now can be similar to him as sons and daughters. We have a spirit, and now the Holy spirit who is the Father's Spirit is in us conforming us. It's a spiritual oneness thing!!

Last edited: