The Absolute Oneness of God

OCTOBER23

So, the Question is ...........

Was JESUS a PRIME GOD BEFORE HIS TRANSMUTATION BY THE FATHER AND PUT INTO MARY

AS A ...... Y-CHROMOSOME ?

ps. That is why the JEWISH MEN always say WHY ME LORD Y ME .:)

Ben Masada

Never happened literally, the Jesus role was all spiritual concerning the Divine Seed that lies dormant in the conscience of man until the rain from above awakens that memory, plus the only reason you bark against the Pauline dogma is that it erases the literal ethnic Jews dominance in scripture which Paul rightly exposed as allegorical.

With what, with allegories?

Ben Masada

I gather some liberal forms of Judaism may venture out a bit further and try some other ideas on for size ;)

Listen Freelight, the reason why I don't go a little deeper into Hinduism with you is that I don't find time to use outside Christianity which is my aim because of the Christian struggle with their policy to replace the Theology of Judaism. Once a Muslim tried a piece of the pie with Deut. 18:18 by claiming that the prophet-like unto Moses HaShem raised from among the People of Israel to replace Moses was Mohammad and not Jesus, I proved to him with several quotes that he was neither but Joshua, and the Moslem left me in peace and really has ignored me since. So, Hinduism and Islam do not constitute a threat to Judaism. Thus, I leave them alone.

Ben Masada

BEN MASADA,

There is 9 years left for JESUS and THE FATHER to return in Sept. 21, 2024.

I am sure that you will see that there are definitely 2 Gods.

Since , JESUS was the God of the Old Testament,

you have been Worshiping JESUS since your youth.

October, October! I would be embarrassed even if I were a Christian to claim multiplicity of gods at this time in History whether they be two or three or more. And as the return of Jesus is concerned, no wonder Paul said to walk by faith and not by sight, because it is beyond understanding since we have never had a single factual evidence that one has ever returned from the dead.(II Cor. 5:7)

Now, you are setting up a return for Jesus in Sept. 21, 2024. Pretty soon it will be about 15 or 20 years that every year by September, thousands of video-tapes are sold about the end of the world in September. Instead of October, you should have chosen September for an avatar.

Ben Masada

Once a Scribe approached Jesus with a very important question and asked it of him: Master, what is the most important of the commandments? Jesus answered with the Shemah in Deut. 6:4 and said, hear O Israel, the Lord our God is Lord alone. In other words, of an absolute Oneness. (Mark 12:29) Then Paul came later and organized the Trinity to be part of Christianity. Today, millions prefer to obey Paul's Trinity of God the Father, God the son and God the Holy Spirit. (II Cor. 13:13) Then, later the Hellenist who wrote the gospel of Matthew copied Paul's doctrine of the Trinity in II Cor. 13:13 and reported it as a commandment to baptize in the name of God the Father, God the son and God the Holy Spirit. (Mat. 28:19)

rondonn

The absolute oneness of God, the key to knowing God

The absolute oneness of God, the key to knowing God

Is this oneness of God the key to knowing God?

If God is one, then all we need to know is how to be one, or how to experience oneness.

Socrates said: “Know yourself.” And knowing yourself is a self-referral experience… or in other words, just being silently awake within yourself. There is no duality there, just oneness. And just oneness means just God.

I got this idea while reading this:
http://rishipedia.org/know-yourself-the-time-for-joy.htm

So what do you think? Could being fully awake in perfect stillness be the key to gaining some familiarity with God's nature?

"Be still and know that I am God"... I think that is in the Bible somewhere.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Meta-tation..........

Meta-tation..........

Is this oneness of God the key to knowing God?

If God is one, then all we need to know is how to be one, or how to experience oneness.

Socrates said: “Know yourself.” And knowing yourself is a self-referral experience… or in other words, just being silently awake within yourself. There is no duality there, just oneness. And just oneness means just God.

I got this idea while reading this:
http://rishipedia.org/know-yourself-the-time-for-joy.htm

So what do you think? Could being fully awake in perfect stillness be the key to gaining some familiarity with God's nature?

"Be still and know that I am God"... I think that is in the Bible somewhere.

Indeed,...since 'God' already always is 'one', his nature, being, consciousness is one, and that is the all-pervading reality at the heart of man's own 'being' and 'experience'.

The Infinite One is the One Presence Thru-out All. There is only 'that'. God is One. God is All.

bybee

Yes, Bybee, the Primal Cause is present throughout the universe. He can't be seen by mortals because He is a Spiritual Entity. Were He of the constitution of matter He would contradict the logical concept of Causality for causing itself to exist which is impossible. Regarding being present throughout the universe, Albert Einstein connected Him with the expansion of the universe in his book "Out of My Latter Years."

Thanks. I have wrestled with the ideas of God/Creator as both immanent and transcendent. But if immanent what is left to transcend?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Pan-en-theism

Pan-en-theism

Thanks. I have wrestled with the ideas of God/Creator as both immanent and transcendent. But if immanent what is left to transcend?

'God' within and and without :)

And such would be the case, if indeed 'God' is INFINITE (the 'infinite' includes all dimensions and no dimensions)

I see a 'pan-en-theististic' cosmology as most logical, all existing 'in'(en) God, yet God still having a kind of all-encompassing originality and transcendence. All space-time dimensions (creation) emerges from God and unfolds in God, since nothing can exist outside of God.

Ben Masada

1 - Is this oneness of God the key to knowing God?

2 - If God is one, then all we need to know is how to be one, or how to experience oneness.

3 - Socrates said: “Know yourself.” And knowing yourself is a self-referral experience… or in other words, just being silently awake within yourself. There is no duality there, just oneness. And just oneness means just God.

4 - So what do you think? Could being fully awake in perfect stillness be the key to gaining some familiarity with God's nature?

5 - "Be still and know that I am God"... I think that is in the Bible somewhere.

1 - Yes, most definitely true.

2 - How to experience the Oneness of God.

3 - To know yourself without any reference to the Oneness of HaShem is too humanistic; not wrong though but it ought to be with the consciousness of the absolute Oneness of HaShem.

4 - No, inertia is not the key to be aware of HaShem but the action to learn as much as we can of HaShem. The whole universe declare the glory of HaShem and His handiwork. (Psalm 19:1)

5 - "Be still" here does not meant to keep for oneself but to share the knowledge of HaShem every chance we have to as the day pours out the Word to day and the night imparts knowledge to night. (Psalm. 19:2)

rondonn

My understanding is that transcendental means an experience which is beyond any physical or mental limitation, or beyond boundaries of any kind. All the physical is abandoned (give up everything) and what is left is simple awareness.

But that is not the end. It's just the beginning of what is true. Giving up everything is not the loss of everything, but just setting aside the physical phenomenon for what is behind the physical, or what is "hidden" (treasure hid in a field). The field is the unbounded transcendent. It is hidden from physical senses, but is open to pure consciousness.

From there what is experienced can be called cognition. A seer sees what is real but the whole thing gets unfolded step by step. From unity to next step of his vision. What is so special about this kind of thing is that this is not just "observation," but in this kind of education you become what you see!

And no one can attend a better kind of classroom. You become what you see in those heavenly realms. Then you can really know what it is.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
3 - To know yourself without any reference to the Oneness of HaShem is too humanistic; not wrong though but it ought to be with the consciousness of the absolute Oneness of HaShem.

But the intrinsic oneness of 'God' is already always innate to the oneness of existence itself, which is reflected within one's own consciousness. In other words, to know or experience 'oneness' is to recognize the unity at the heart of all things, because God's oneness pervades and encompasses all.

Ben Masada

But the intrinsic oneness of 'God' is already always innate to the oneness of existence itself, which is reflected within one's own consciousness. In other words, to know or experience 'oneness' is to recognize the unity at the heart of all things, because God's oneness pervades and encompasses all.

You are comparing the Oneness of HaShem with man's. The Oneness of HaShem is compatible with the existence of reality, not of man's. Man's existence is transient. Real existence is eternal. (Isa. 46:5; Deut. 4:15,16)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
All is One

All is One

You are comparing the Oneness of HaShem with man's. The Oneness of HaShem is compatible with the existence of reality, not of man's. Man's existence is transient. Real existence is eternal. (Isa. 46:5; Deut. 4:15,16)

Yes, I'm comparing the reality of man's experience of 'being' with God's reality of 'Being', since man's 'being' exists because of God's 'Being', inter-dependently speaking. Since man's very existence inheres in 'God', man's true nature and subsistence is of the nature and essence of 'God', even if derivative of 'God' as its 'source',....the 'wellspring' and the 'streams' are one ;)

I take a more Hindu/Buddhist/Theosophical view of 'Brahman' (Universal Supreme Soul) and 'atman'(individual soul) being 'one' but there are few different ways of interpreting or qualifying this 'oneness' in the eastern schools :)

Now I understand the Jewish God is wholly 'other', but I see 'God' as including all 'others' as expressions, reflections or extensions of Himself, as a creative play in space-time. (God is 'holy' as in 'other', 'separate', 'distinct' from all that is not eternal/infinite/immortal, but He includes all other components, parts, attributes, features as they arise in the play of creation, intergrating them and dis-integrating them back into Himself). We explore this more in my 'Return To Oneness' thread. I'm happy to continue exploring this with you.

oatmeal

If "God" filled a room with a lot of different doors, and we went around opening those doors, it's very likely that God would "look different" through each one of them, because we would only be seeing a small part of the whole of God, that's inside.

Religions that have multiple gods, or demigods, view these as different godlike manifestations of a single 'meta-God' that is otherwise beyond our comprehension, and is often left unnamed for that reason. And Christianity is no different. The 'Trinity' is made up of three different manifestations, or expressions, of one God. A human manifestation in the form of Jesus the Christ, an internal spiritual manifestation within each of us called the "Holy Spirit", and the inexplicable meta-manifestation of God as the creator and sustainer of all that exists that has no name but is simply referred to as "God" or "God the Father".

These are not different gods, or demigods. They are simply different manifestations of God as experienced and understood from OUR limited and relative perspective. And in that sense, Christianity is no different from Hinduism, Shintoism, Islam, or most other religions with multiple divinities.

So then,

evidently you do not believe that God is capable of explaining who He is.

I am sure God is eternally grateful for you adding to His wisdom.