The Absolute Oneness of God

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
There is no such a thing as the Christian triune doctrine of Godhead because Jesus was a Jew and he could not be himself a contradiction to the absolute Oneness of God.

Yet apparently even though 'God' is ever One....all relationships/associations/relativities arise within 'God', the Infinite ONE :)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I don't think that any relativity could arise within or from the Absolute

Okay, that's only if we are considering the pure realm of the Absolute itself, by itself. However,...the reality of space-time relativity exists, and apparently cannot exist independent of some original sustaining all-supporting absolute source, the Absolute itself. Is this correct? Philosophically we can put the 'absolute' and the 'relative' in their own catagories, however,....since they both exist simultaneously together and in their own contexts in the totality of reality,...we have to look at creation being some kind of play or movement initiated in some way by a primal absolute source. Would you say so? In this case while 'God' is One.....'God' is also 'many' (as expressing/extending out in various forms/personalities, etc.), as all things and beings emenate forth from the primal One, in some way, form or fashion.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Most will not see that friend, their life is in to much of a hurry.

Or too encroached or encapsulated in dogma perhaps? ;)

I replied to AMR as a tongue in cheek gesture,...he's well aware of what I mean,...and that our theologies are quite different, we each having an opinion about the 'style' of each others theological perspectives (or world views),...but I take it in good stride, mutual respect and humor.

Ben Masada

Okay, that's only if we are considering the pure realm of the Absolute itself, by itself. However,...the reality of space-time relativity exists, and apparently cannot exist independent of some original sustaining all-supporting absolute source, the Absolute itself. Is this correct? Philosophically we can put the 'absolute' and the 'relative' in their own catagories, however,....since they both exist simultaneously together and in their own contexts in the totality of reality,...we have to look at creation being some kind of play or movement initiated in some way by a primal absolute source. Would you say so? In this case while 'God' is One.....'God' is also 'many' (as expressing/extending out in various forms/personalities, etc.), as all things and beings emenate forth from the primal One, in some way, form or fashion.

No, HaShem is not something up to evaluation according to His Nature; if one or if many. The Oneness of God is absolute.

Ben Masada

Metaphysical whiffenpoofle!

Love is but setting one's preference upon another. A solitary God has no such object to prefer. The Triune Godhead exemplifies the perfection of said preference.

AMR

It happens though that preference as God is concerned is not of the One Who is preferred but of the one who prefers. For instance, the Jews preferred the One Who is forever, made good on their preference and became known as preferred of God aka a people who remain before the Lord forever as the preferred ones. (Jer. 31:36)

Ben Masada

If I do understand what you mean, at least as space-time is concerned, their relativity is due to the presence or absence of matter. Hence, before matter was created to compose the universe, there was no space-time to consider. That's when the Primal Cause Who caused the universe to exist, became by accident the cause of space-time which to remain as part of the universe would in the case of space measure the distance between matter and matter and, as time is concerned, the motion of matter.

Now, back to your post above, I was with you till "While God is One; when God became many" we had to part because we lost the hold of each other.

bybee

If I do understand what you mean, at least as space-time is concerned, their relativity is due to the presence or absence of matter. Hence, before matter was created to compose the universe, there was no space-time to consider. That's when the Primal Cause Who caused the universe to exist, became by accident the cause of space-time which to remain as part of the universe would in the case of space measure the distance between matter and matter and, as time is concerned, the motion of matter.

Now, back to your post above, I was with you till "While God is One; when God became many" we had to part because we lost the hold of each other.

Is God immanent?

Ben Masada

Is God immanent?

Yes, Bybee, the Primal Cause is present throughout the universe. He can't be seen by mortals because He is a Spiritual Entity. Were He of the constitution of matter He would contradict the logical concept of Causality for causing itself to exist which is impossible. Regarding being present throughout the universe, Albert Einstein connected Him with the expansion of the universe in his book "Out of My Latter Years."

j4jesus09

1 - ...aka the universe.

2 - ...in the grave.

3 - Right, God is Spirit. (John 4:24) Hence there is no image in God.

4 - Yes, but none to point to the Christian doctrine of the Trinity by Paul in II Cor. 13:14.

5 - That was not Matthew the apostle of Jesus but the Hellenist who wrote that gospel and attributed it to Matthew. The doctrine was copied from Paul in Acts 9:20.

6 - That dialogue never took place. Too early. Paul had yet another 30 or more years to show up preaching his gospel that Jesus was the Messiah. (II Tim. 2:8)

7 - See #6 above.

8 - I know; you believe in the Greek myth of the demigod which is the son of a god with an earthly woman. You know there is no such a thing in Judaism. Jesus was a Jew whose faith was Judaism. Paul was the one Hellenist from birth. The point is that you are straddling between Jesus and Paul. I advise you to read I Kings 18 especially verse 21. Prophet Elijah was speaking about the "Jews-for-Baal" You are lucky that this is not the time Elijah was around. (I Kings 18:40)

9 - Are you sure! If that's true, why did he consider the words of Mary Magdalene that the tomb of Jesus was empty? He, among the other disciples said that the women who brought the message that Jesus had resurrected were talking an idle tale of nonsense. (Luke 24:11) The same with Jesus being the Messiah; no one knew till another 30 years when Paul revealed the secret that it was all according to his own gospel (Paul's gospel) that Jesus was the Messiah, and that he had resurrected. (II Tim. 2:8)

j4jesus, raise your head and look at the hand in the wall. It has been there since I arrived in this forum. Perhaps HaShem is giving you a chance to stop straddling the issue between Jesus and Paul. Stay a little longer with me. Who knows if HaShem is not using me to help you to become a Baal Tshuvah, bzrat HaShem!

We can't really discuss matters if you don't even believe in the new testament bro. Jesus rose from the dead by the power of God. Simple. The same faith you use to reject the messiah needs to be placed in the messiah.

quip

BANNED
Banned
To cause the beginning, He simply intrinsically willed; then, extrinsically expansion or evolution has been taking place since then. That's how Albert Einstein connected the expansion of the universe to the works of God qua creation.

That failed to logically answer my question.

How does incorporeality influence the corporeal chain of cause and effect?

Ben Masada

We can't really discuss matters if you don't even believe in the new testament bro. Jesus rose from the dead by the power of God. Simple. The same faith you use to reject the messiah needs to be placed in the messiah.

If I already believed in the NT, why would we be involved in this discussion? How could the same God inspire His prophets to teach that once dead, no one will ever return from the grave? (Isa. 26:14; II Sam. 12:23; Job 10:21) Either something is wrong here or we are trying to compare the god of a religion with that of another that have nothing to do with each other. What is what?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The One in-dividing its attention into multiplicity (duality-experience)

The One in-dividing its attention into multiplicity (duality-experience)

Incorporeality

adjective
not corporeal or material; insubstantial.
of, relating to, or characteristic of nonmaterial beings.

How?

This is one of those mysteries of existence or creation....how a 'Being' that has no beginning or end, being 'incorporeal'...being into 'being' the cosmos (this continuum of space-time relativity unfolding/evolving as 'creation') :)

As Ben hinted to earlier,.....many assume 'God' willed creation into being and by some 'willing' there came into being 'movement' to manifest an 'inter-active' medium of space-time in which to 'create', 'explore', 'experience', 'expand', 'experiment'...and this happens to be what life is about. Look around :)

Philosophically however, there is the paradox of something wholly absolute in and of itself, could be in 'relation' to anything else, so some systems assumes 'God' is the only absolute reality, while all else is 'maya' (illusion, temporal phenomena, only limited and relative 'reality' at best)....since all that comes and goes, undergoes change, dissolution, transformation.

For a theosophical perspective see my post here in my 'Return To Oneness' thread :poly:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
In-sights on both the 'absolute' and 'relative' co-existing......

In-sights on both the 'absolute' and 'relative' co-existing......

By causing it to begin.

This is if we assume 'God' has a 'will' :)

Ok,....so The Absolute would have to in some way, form or fashion....allow for, introduce, make available the perception of relativity (space-time motion, 'creation', 'inter-action', 'multi-dimensionality)...and this would be an 'experience' within universal consciousness engaging ITSELF. - this would have to be the case, since 'creation' must arise with-in 'God', since 'God' is All That IS (before any perception of relativity or creation or sense of 'otherness'). So, 'creation' is more or less the 'play' of 'God'....and is 'maya' ('illusion', meaning only a limited conditional sense of perception within a space-time conditioned context).

'God' still might maintain his unique, one of kind, special 'Absoluteness', BUT since conditional existence(creation) does actually exist and has been allowed or brought into being by 'God',....He is therefore involved within the evolution, maintenance and destiny of that creation. Here is the paradox of BOTH the 'absolute' and 'relative' co-existing.

Jamie Gigliotti

God is everywhere. There is nowhere He is not. This absolutely allows for Him to manifest in different places at the same time in whatever form He wishes. I.E. the Father on His throne in Heaven, Jesus seated at his right side and the Holy Spirit all around us and filling souls surrendered to Him through Jesus Christ. He is not limited by contraints of time, location, or form. His oneness is everywhere.

Ben Masada

Incorporeality

adjective
1. not corporeal or material; insubstantial.
2. of, relating to, or characteristic of nonmaterial beings.

How?

1 . Not corporeal or material but as an intelligent spiritual entity.

2 . I couldn't have said any better which I mean that I agree with you.

That's how.