The Absolute Oneness of God

Hawkins

An analogy I can think of is, I am a human. When I try to introduce myself to another species without an equal intelligence, I will first tell them that "I am ONE human" because this is above all the most important feature for them to understand me further.

Only after they grasp the concept that "I am ONE human", I will start to tell them further that "I am but ONE human having 2 hands, 2 legs and a head". When it is said that "this post is written by my right hand", it is equivalent to say that it is written by me the "ONE human". They may be confused at first that how come the "right hand", the "me" and the "ONE human" are not 3 persons instead of ONE.

iamaberean

I said
Well God discussed it apparently with the Us in verse 26. But changed His mind because in verse 27 He decided to make man in His own image. Do you understand that the Us in 26 could have been the angels or the 24 elders in heaven.

Gen 1:26-27
26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
(NKJ)

Rev 4:10
10 the twenty-four elders fall down before Him who sits on the throne and worship Him who lives forever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying:
(NKJ)

27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
(NKJ)

Since the word 'God' in Hebrew is plural and speaks of God and spirits (angels) could this scripture be taken to say?
So God and the angels created man in their own image: in the image of God and the angels they created man: male and female they created them.

Ben Masada

1 - Yahweh our God is Spirit. God is one.
2 - God was in Jesus(Yeshua) reconciling the world to Himself. THe Father is Spirit.
3 - The FAther was in Jesus the man as the bible say.
4 - But Jesus had a spirit though to identify him as a man does but was Jesus' spirit begot before the earth was created.Unlike Jesus, we were all born on this earth first and given a spirit. Jesus was born before he came to earth.
5 - Jesus thought like God our Father would think for he was the Son of God.
6 - Since Christ we now can be similar to him as sons and daughters. We have a spirit, and now the Holy spirit who is the Father's Spirit is in us conforming us. It's a spiritual oneness thing!!

1 - Though not absolutely One, I suppose?
2 - However, He said through Isaiah 1:18,19 that the only way to reconcile one with HaShem, so that our sins from scarlet red become as white as snow is through repentance and obedience to God's Law.
3 - Which Bible, the Tanach or the NT? They are so different that they belong to two different religions.
4 - So, where was Jesus for 15 billions of years?
5 - Now, I know you are speaking about a Greek demigod, the son of a god with an earthly woman. I knew it couldn't be Jesus of Galilee. (Acts 9:20)
6 - And you are back into the confusion of the Trinity.

iamaberean

2 - However, He said through Isaiah 1:18,19 that the only way to reconcile one with HaShem, so that our sins from scarlet red become as white as snow is through repentance and obedience to God's Law.

The 'Law' has been done away with, we now live with those of faith, Abraham being our father.

Jesus is the Messiah spoken of in the Old testament as the Redeemer. The Redeemer is a man as this scripture points out:

Job 19:25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
The latter day was the last days of Law when Jesus, the Redeemer came!

Ben Masada

1 - The 'Law' has been done away with,
2 - we now live with those of faith, Abraham being our father.
3 - Jesus is the Messiah spoken of in the Old testament as the Redeemer.
4 - The Redeemer is a man as this scripture points out:
Job 19:25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
5 - The latter day was the last days of Law when Jesus, the Redeemer came!

1 - Have you taken a look outside the window to see if heavens and earth are still around? The last time I checked them out they were still there. It means that the Law has not been done away with. (Mat. 5:18)
2 - I envy you to be able to walk in the dark while the rest of us walk by sight aka with understanding. That's what Paul implied in II Cor. 5:7 that Christians must walk by faith and not by sight. Besides, if you read James 2:21, Abraham was justified by the works of the Law. And if you read v. 26, faith alone is akin to a body without the breath of life. Enough?
3 - According to whom, you or Paul? Alas! All the same to me! And as the Redeemer of Israel is concerned, read Isa. 43:1. The Lord has redeemed us. The Lord our Savior. (Isa. 43:3)
4 - The Redeemer is the Lord Himself according to the scriptures just quoted above.
5 - What did Jesus do to classify as the Messiah and redeemer? Care to answer? You are not thinking about the gravity to blame Jesus with discarding the Law because even a liar you are making of him to be for he said he did not come to abolish the Law but to confirm it down to the letter. (Mat. 5:17-19)

j4jesus09

3 - Which Bible, the Tanach or the NT? They are so different that they belong to two different religions.
4 - So, where was Jesus for 15 billions of years?
5 - Now, I know you are speaking about a Greek demigod, the son of a god with an earthly woman. I knew it couldn't be Jesus of Galilee. (Acts 9:20)
6 - And you are back into the confusion of the Trinity.

God is one. What is God, or Elohim is the billion dollar question? That's unknown for I haven't been to heaven and I haven't learned or seen all the mysteries there are. From what's written Elohim said let US make man and woman in OUR image. And they shall be ONE. The bible calls more than one being Elohim. I haven't seen angels so what can I know about truly the being of God outside of love, laws, grace, and character. But there is one Ultimate Being who the bible calls Yahweh I know that. There is one man Yahweh our God sent to bear the sins of the world. The messiah Christ Jesus. I believe in both the old covenant and new covenant. Old testament and new testament. 15 billion years? The bible shows that about 4,000 years before the Messiah. You don't believe in the Son of God so I don't know what your hope is.

1John 1:22:24
Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son. 23No one who denies the Son has the Father. Whoever confesses the Son has the Father also.

iamaberean

1 - Have you taken a look outside the window to see if heavens and earth are still around? The last time I checked them out they were still there. It means that the Law has not been done away with. (Mat. 5:18)

Isa 66:1 Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?
The house they built was the temple on the temple mount. This is why when the disciples pointed out the temple, Jesus said there would not be one stone left on another.
Heaven and earth that passed away was the temple in Jerusalem.

2 - I envy you to be able to walk in the dark while the rest of us walk by sight aka with understanding. That's what Paul implied in II Cor. 5:7 that Christians must walk by faith and not by sight. Besides, if you read James 2:21, Abraham was justified by the works of the Law. And if you read v. 26, faith alone is akin to a body without the breath of life. Enough?
3 - According to whom, you or Paul? Alas! All the same to me! And as the Redeemer of Israel is concerned, read Isa. 43:1. The Lord has redeemed us. The Lord our Savior. (Isa. 43:3)
4 - The Redeemer is the Lord Himself according to the scriptures just quoted above.
5 - What did Jesus do to classify as the Messiah and redeemer? Care to answer? You are not thinking about the gravity to blame Jesus with discarding the Law because even a liar you are making of him to be for he said he did not come to abolish the Law but to confirm it down to the letter. (Mat. 5:17-19)

Gal 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
Gal 4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
He redeemed those under the law, thus he is the Jewish redeemer.

Tit 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
He redeemed us, thus he is the redeemer.

Jesus is God in the Spirit and a man in the flesh. As a man he became the sacrifice for our sins as it is by his blood that we are saved.

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Ben Masada

1 - God is one. What is God, or Elohim is the billion dollar question? 2 - That's unknown for I haven't been to heaven and I haven't learned or seen all the mysteries there are.
3 - From what's written Elohim said let US make man and woman in OUR image. And they shall be ONE.
4 - The bible calls more than one being Elohim. I haven't seen angels so what can I know about truly the being of God outside of love, laws, grace, and character.
5 - But there is one Ultimate Being who the bible calls Yahweh I know that. There is one man Yahweh our God sent to bear the sins of the world.
6 - The messiah Christ Jesus.
7 - I believe in both the old covenant and new covenant. Old testament and new testament.
8 - 15 billion years? The bible shows that about 4,000 years before the Messiah. You don't believe in the Son of God so I don't know what your hope is.
9 - 1John 1:22:24 Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son. 23No one who denies the Son has the Father. Whoever confesses the Son has the Father also.

1 - HaShem is the Primal Cause Who caused the whole of the universe to exist.
2 - You have been to heaven! I have heard of your kind. According to Jesus himself, heaven is not a place to get into but a state of mind we are supposed to invite into ourselves. (Luke 17:21)
3 - HaShem has no image to make man after. Man was made after the attributes of HaShem.
4 - Would you please quote where the Bible mentions that Yahweh is more than one?
5 - The only "man" HaShem sent as His son is Israel whom He called His son. (Exodus 4:22,23) "Israel is My son..."
6 - The idea that Jesus was the Messiah was fabricated by Paul, not by HaShem. (II Tim. 2:8) Jesus could not be the Messiah because the Messiah cannot be an individual. The individual is born, lives his span of life and dies. Are we supposed to expect a new Messiah in every generation? Obviously not. The Messiah is not supposed to physically die but to remain as a People before the Lord forever. (Jer. 31:35-37) Messiah aka "Christ" is the anointed one of the Lord according to Habakkuk 3:13. "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His anointed one." That what the Messiah is, the anointed one of the Lord aka Israel, the Jewish People.
7 - Where in the Tanach is Jesus mentioned according to the NT?
8 - No, because Jews do not believe in the Greek concept of the demigod which is the son of a god with an earthly woman. (Mat. 1:18) My hope is in the Truth.
8 - To accept Jesus as Christ one must follow the gospel of Paul. I follow the gospel of Jesus who was a Jew whose Faith was Judaism.

Ben Masada

1 - Isa 66:1 Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?
2 - The house they built was the temple on the temple mount. This is why when the disciples pointed out the temple, Jesus said there would not be one stone left on another.
3 - Heaven and earth that passed away was the temple in Jerusalem.
4 - Gal 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5 - Gal 4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
6 - He redeemed those under the law, thus he is the Jewish redeemer.
7 - Tit 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. He redeemed us, thus he is the redeemer.
8 - Jesus is God in the Spirit and a man in the flesh. As a man he became the sacrifice for our sins as it is by his blood that we are saved.
9 - Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.[/quote]

1 - The Gentiles had destroyed the Temple as usual.
2 - There is no credibility in a prediction after the case. The gospels were written after the destruction of the Temple.
3 - You missed v. 19. This is not about the Temple but the Law.
4 - The only son HaShem sent was Israel if you read Exo. 4:22,23. "Israel is My son..."
5 - On the contrary! Jesus even forbade his disciples to take the gospel of salvation to the Gentiles. (Mat. 10:5,6)
6 - The Jewish Redeemer is HaShem the Holy One of Israel. (Isa. 43:14)
7 - Not according to the Prophets Jeremiah and Ezekiel who said that no one can die for the sins of another. (Jer.31:30; Ezek. 18:20)
8 - Jesus has been dead for over 2,000 years according to Isa. 26:14; II Sam. 12:23; Job 10:21)
9 - Against the word of the Prophets who say that no one can die for the sins of another. (Jer. 31:30; Ezek. 18:20)

j4jesus09

1 - HaShem is the Primal Cause Who caused the whole of the universe to exist.
2 - You have been to heaven! I have heard of your kind. According to Jesus himself, heaven is not a place to get into but a state of mind we are supposed to invite into ourselves. (Luke 17:21)
3 - HaShem has no image to make man after. Man was made after the attributes of HaShem.
4 - Would you please quote where the Bible mentions that Yahweh is more than one?
5 - The only "man" HaShem sent as His son is Israel whom He called His son. (Exodus 4:22,23) "Israel is My son..."
6 - The idea that Jesus was the Messiah was fabricated by Paul, not by HaShem. (II Tim. 2:8) Jesus could not be the Messiah because the Messiah cannot be an individual. The individual is born, lives his span of life and dies. Are we supposed to expect a new Messiah in every generation? Obviously not. The Messiah is not supposed to physically die but to remain as a People before the Lord forever. (Jer. 31:35-37) Messiah aka "Christ" is the anointed one of the Lord according to Habakkuk 3:13. "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His anointed one." That what the Messiah is, the anointed one of the Lord aka Israel, the Jewish People.
7 - Where in the Tanach is Jesus mentioned according to the NT?
8 - No, because Jews do not believe in the Greek concept of the demigod which is the son of a god with an earthly woman. (Mat. 1:18) My hope is in the Truth.
8 - To accept Jesus as Christ one must follow the gospel of Paul. I follow the gospel of Jesus who was a Jew whose Faith was Judaism.

1-Genesis 1:1 Elohim(God) created the heavens and the earth.

2-The kingdom of God is a way of life, but where Jesus is, is where heaven will be.

3-Genesis 1:26 states Elohim made man in His image and likeness. Key word image. God is Spirit.

4. Deut 6:4-5 Hear, O Israel:YHWH our Elohim is one YHWH: And you shall love YHWH your Elohim with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might. Deut 6:14. Psalm 8:4-5. Ezekiel 28:14. Psalm 97:7. Many more scriptures referring to Elohim.

5.Matthew 3:17

6. John 4:26

7. John 4:25-26 plus Luke 4:16-20

8. Believers of Christ and the way of God don't believe this either. We believe the Spirit of God or the holy spirit of God was placed in Mary and she conceived a child. The child was the son of God. The Father(Yahweh) was in Him. Yahweh was His Dad. Matthew 16:16 dismissed that. Peter knew Yashua more than you and I and he stated out of his mouth You are the MESSIAH. Case closed for me.

Ben Masada

1-Genesis 1:1 Elohim(God) created the heavens and the earth.

2-The kingdom of God is a way of life, but where Jesus is, is where heaven will be.

3-Genesis 1:26 states Elohim made man in His image and likeness. Key word image. God is Spirit.

4. Deut 6:4-5 Hear, O Israel:YHWH our Elohim is one YHWH: And you shall love YHWH your Elohim with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might. Deut 6:14. Psalm 8:4-5. Ezekiel 28:14. Psalm 97:7. Many more scriptures referring to Elohim.

5.Matthew 3:17

6. John 4:26

7. John 4:25-26 plus Luke 4:16-20

8. Believers of Christ and the way of God don't believe this either. We believe the Spirit of God or the holy spirit of God was placed in Mary and she conceived a child. The child was the son of God. The Father(Yahweh) was in Him. Yahweh was His Dad. Matthew 16:16 dismissed that.

9 - Peter knew Yashua more than you and I and he stated out of his mouth You are the MESSIAH. Case closed for me.

1 - ...aka the universe.

2 - ...in the grave.

3 - Right, God is Spirit. (John 4:24) Hence there is no image in God.

4 - Yes, but none to point to the Christian doctrine of the Trinity by Paul in II Cor. 13:14.

5 - That was not Matthew the apostle of Jesus but the Hellenist who wrote that gospel and attributed it to Matthew. The doctrine was copied from Paul in Acts 9:20.

6 - That dialogue never took place. Too early. Paul had yet another 30 or more years to show up preaching his gospel that Jesus was the Messiah. (II Tim. 2:8)

7 - See #6 above.

8 - I know; you believe in the Greek myth of the demigod which is the son of a god with an earthly woman. You know there is no such a thing in Judaism. Jesus was a Jew whose faith was Judaism. Paul was the one Hellenist from birth. The point is that you are straddling between Jesus and Paul. I advise you to read I Kings 18 especially verse 21. Prophet Elijah was speaking about the "Jews-for-Baal" You are lucky that this is not the time Elijah was around. (I Kings 18:40)

9 - Are you sure! If that's true, why did he consider the words of Mary Magdalene that the tomb of Jesus was empty? He, among the other disciples said that the women who brought the message that Jesus had resurrected were talking an idle tale of nonsense. (Luke 24:11) The same with Jesus being the Messiah; no one knew till another 30 years when Paul revealed the secret that it was all according to his own gospel (Paul's gospel) that Jesus was the Messiah, and that he had resurrected. (II Tim. 2:8)

j4jesus, raise your head and look at the hand in the wall. It has been there since I arrived in this forum. Perhaps HaShem is giving you a chance to stop straddling the issue between Jesus and Paul. Stay a little longer with me. Who knows if HaShem is not using me to help you to become a Baal Tshuvah, bzrat HaShem!

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Again, if one God suffices, a second or third God would be superfluous; if one God is not sufficient, he is not perfect, and cannot be a deity.
Said perfection requires a component of love that is absent a solitary Godhead, thereby requiring said love be made manifest by creation. Hence a contingent being, not the most perfect being that can be imagined.

Epic fail sans a triune Godhead.

AMR

Last edited:

quip

BANNED
Banned
Now, besides being God absolutely One, He is incorporeal. If God were corporeal, He would consist of atoms, and would not be one; or he would be comparable to other beings; but a comparison implies the existence of similar and of dissimilar elements, and God would thus not be One. A corporeal God would be finite, and an external power would be required to define those limits.

By definition incorporeality exists extrinsic to the physical concept of causation.

How does incorporeality causally affect the corporeal...simply put, how did your incorporeal god create?

Ben Masada

Said perfection requires a component of love that is absent a solitary Godhead, thereby requiring said love be made manifest by creation. Hence a contingent being, not the most perfect being that can be imagined.

Epic fail sans a triune Godhead.

AMR

One requires what one does not have while another never lacks what he is. God is Love in nature. Therefore, He does not require what He is. In other words, God is perfect. We have love when we have it. Hence, from time to time we may require it because for more than a reason or two, we happen to run out of it.

Ben Masada

By definition incorporeality exists extrinsic to the physical concept of causation.

How does incorporeality causally affect the corporeal...simply put, how did your incorporeal god create?

To cause the beginning, He simply intrinsically willed; then, extrinsically expansion or evolution has been taking place since then. That's how Albert Einstein connected the expansion of the universe to the works of God qua creation.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
One requires what one does not have while another never lacks what he is. God is Love in nature. Therefore, He does not require what He is. In other words, God is perfect. We have love when we have it. Hence, from time to time we may require it because for more than a reason or two, we happen to run out of it.
Metaphysical whiffenpoofle!

Love is but setting one's preference upon another. A solitary God has no such object to prefer. The Triune Godhead exemplifies the perfection of said preference.

AMR

Ben Masada

Metaphysical whiffenpoofle!

Love is but setting one's preference upon another. A solitary God has no such object to prefer. The Triune Godhead exemplifies the perfection of said preference.

AMR

There is no such a thing as the Christian triune doctrine of Godhead because Jesus was a Jew and he could not be himself a contradiction to the absolute Oneness of God.