The Abolishment of God's Law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Pate

Banned
Yes. But sin is defined in and by God's Law, which Jesus taught. It is not simply a matter of using the word perfection or saying you cannot measure up to Jesus' perfect standard for living, His law, God's law in the New Covenant, the Law of Moses, or God's Word in its entirety. The law of Christ is not a substitute for the Law of Moses, God's Law, or even if you were to say New Covenant law (yet no commandment has been abolished and I do not see any commandment added). Such that, does Jesus have a law different from the Law of Moses? The law of Christ agrees with the Law of Moses that Jesus taught, in that we should love our neighbor each one of us as our own self. God's law written on minds and hearts in the New Covenant does not imply a different law from the Law of Moses. Still according to Hebrews with a change of the priesthood there has been a change of the law. Not that the Law has been changed, certainly (correct). By what standard is the sinner judged? God's Law. Do you know of a higher standard than the one you have described?

Shalom.

Jacob

If you loved your neighbor as yourself you would sell all that you have and give it to the poor.

I think that your righteousness is going to fall short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If you loved your neighbor as yourself you would sell all that you have and give it to the poor.

I think that your righteousness is going to fall short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23.

I have taught what you said here. What I have is for me to live by and for ministry.

Shalom.

Jacob

Robert Pate

Banned
Now he is changing his "argument," corrupting the meaning, butchering the meaning, of "abolish."

Are the feasts part of the law, Pate?

I have changed nothing. Anything in the Bible that tells us to do something or not to do something is law. If the Bible tells us to do the feast, its law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You believe that because you acknowledge the law, you will be found without sin.

Pail plainly says that your righteousness misses the mark, Romans 3:10.

incorrect

I believe that because God has given us His Law it is by this that we are to live and it is by this that we are judged. Will you be judged by the Law when you die or before?

Shalom.

Jacob

Robert Pate

Banned
incorrect

I believe that because God has given us His Law it is by this that we are to live and it is by this that we are judged. Will you be judged by the Law when you die or before?

Shalom.

Jacob

I will never be judged by the law. My judgment has already taken place. I was put to death "In Christ", Romans 6:6. I am now God's new creation in Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:17.

john w

Hall of Fame
I have changed nothing. Anything in the Bible that tells us to do something or not to do something is law. If the Bible tells us to do the feast, its law.

Deceit, as you corrupt, butcher the meaning of "abolish."

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I will never be judged by the law. My judgment has already taken place. I was put to death "In Christ", Romans 6:6. I am now God's new creation in Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:17.

Shalom.

No.

Not even the following verses say what you just said.

Galatians 2:19 NASB 19 "For through the Law I died to the Law, so that I might live to God.

Romans 7:9 NASB 9 I was once alive apart from the Law; but when the commandment came, sin became alive and I died;

Shalom.

Jacob

john w

Hall of Fame

He will not answer with a yes/no, for, if he says "yes," his "The law was abolished at the cross for believers" would be refuted,again, as all the feasts were observed "post cross" by believers, starting at Pentecost, including the 12, and Paul..

Robert Pate

Banned

He will not answer with a yes/no, for, if he says "yes," his "The law was abolished at the cross for believers" would be refuted,again, as all the feasts were observed "post cross" by believers, starting at Pentecost, including the 12, and Paul..

The feast are part of the law if you are commanded to attend them.

Robert Pate

Banned
Shalom.

No.

Not even the following verses say what you just said.

Galatians 2:19 NASB 19 "For through the Law I died to the Law, so that I might live to God.

Romans 7:9 NASB 9 I was once alive apart from the Law; but when the commandment came, sin became alive and I died;

Shalom.

Jacob

That's because the law kills, but the Spirit brings life, 2 Corinthians 3:6.

Status
Not open for further replies.