Thanks Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKevman

sopwith21 said:
As long as men like Bob Enyart are in the pulpit, I'm not taking any bets. 35 years from now our impotent churches will still be decrying the evils of national abortion, maliciously attacking anyone who doesn't oppose it in the precise manner that they demand, and trashing the reputations of the only people who could help them stop it.

Christians who think that God will ignore this need to re-read their bible.

You don't know jack about Bob Enyart Stephen. He stands against the liberalism that has invaded our churches all the time. You make a big fuss about people "trashing" Ron Paul's reputation, but you have called Pastor Bob a liar multiple times in this thread and won't give him even the courtesy to simply call him and discuss the issue. He has a radio call-in show and takes calls all the time.

Please stop falsely accusing my friend, my brother in Christ, and my fellow Pastor and laborer in the ministry! It is highly irresponsible of you!!

I would say the same if someone were doing this to you.

drbrumley

I believe the Bible is infinitely superior to the constitution of the United States. But that doesn't mean that I don't "Like the constitution". But where the Constitution and the Bible differ, I'm gonna go with the Bible. Won't you?

We agree. So let's fight to change the Constitution where it is blatantly wrong. What would you change in the Constitution? Change it from electing as President to establishing a Monarch? Where do you begin?

elected4ever

So it's more about winning than doing the right thing? :think:
No, it is protecting the life of the unborn in 38 states that are unprotected now. Should we continue to abandon the 38 states just because 12 disagrees with us? How many more unborn babies will be slathered just because we abandoned them for the sake of our "PRINCIPLES"?

drbrumley

I think it is STOP THE PRESSES, it is "WE THE PEOPLE." First big mistake that our founding fathers made. Right PK?

PKevman

No, it is protecting the life of the unborn in 38 states that are unprotected now. Should we continue to abandon the 38 states just because 12 disagrees with us? How many more unborn babies will be slathered just because we abandoned them for the sake of our "PRINCIPLES"?

I don't think you understand at all what has been said. So let's try this again. Stephen Dale made the claim that 12 states would make abortion illegal if Ron Paul were elected. I have asked him what proof he has that these states would in fact do this. What you are talking about with the whole "abandon the 38 states just because 12 disagrees with us" stuff is beyond me.

drbrumley

Do you have a problem with this Kevin?

Sanctity of Life

The pre-born child, whose life begins at fertilization, is a human being created in God's image. The first duty of the law is to prevent the shedding of innocent blood. It is, therefore, the duty of all civil governments to secure and to safeguard the lives of the pre-born.

To that end, the Constitution of the United States was ordained and established for "ourselves and our posterity." Under no circumstances may the federal government fund or otherwise support any state or local government or any organization or entity, foreign or domestic, which advocates, encourages or participates in the practice of abortion. We also oppose the distribution and use of all abortifacients.

We affirm the God-given legal personhood of all unborn human beings, without exception. As to matters of rape and incest, it is unconscionable to take the life of an innocent child for the crimes of his father.

No government may legalize the taking of the unalienable right to life without justification, including the life of the pre-born; abortion may not be declared lawful by any institution of state or local government - legislative, judicial, or executive. The right to life should not be made dependent upon a vote of a majority of any legislative body.

In addition, Article IV of the Constitution guarantees to each state a republican form of government. Therefore, although a Supreme Court opinion is binding on the parties to the controversy as to the particulars of the case, it is not a political rule for the nation. Roe v. Wade is an illegitimate usurpation of authority, contrary to the law of the nation's Charter and Constitution. It must be resisted by all civil government officials, federal, state, and local, and by all branches of the government - legislative, executive, and judicial.

We affirm both the authority and duty of Congress to limit the appellate jurisdiction of the Supreme Court in all cases of abortion in accordance with the U.S. Constitution, Article III, Section 2.

In office, we shall only appoint to the federal judiciary, and to other positions of federal authority, qualified individuals who publicly acknowledge and commit themselves to the legal personhood of the pre-born child. In addition, we will do all that is within our power to encourage federal, state, and local government officials to protect the sanctity of the life of the pre-born through legislation, executive action, and judicial enforcement of the law of the land.

Further, we condemn the misuse of federal laws against pro-life demonstrators, and strongly urge the repeal of the FACE Acts as an unconstitutional expansion of federal power into areas reserved to the states or people by the Tenth Amendment.

In addition, we oppose the funding and legalization of bio-research involving human embryonic or pre-embryonic cells.

Finally, we also oppose all government "legalization" of euthanasia, infanticide and suicide.

elected4ever

I don't think you understand at all what has been said. So let's try this again. Stephen Dale made the claim that 12 states would make abortion illegal if Ron Paul were elected. I have asked him what proof he has that these states would in fact do this. What you are talking about with the whole "abandon the 38 states just because 12 disagrees with us" stuff is beyond me.
And you are failing to get the point that to do nothing but complain because of our principle that we are subjecting more babies to being murdered.

PKevman

sopwith21 said:
As long as men like Bob Enyart are in the pulpit, I'm not taking any bets. 35 years from now our impotent churches will still be decrying the evils of national abortion, maliciously attacking anyone who doesn't oppose it in the precise manner that they demand, and trashing the reputations of the only people who could help them stop it.

You should further investigate people before you make these kinds of statements. Bob's got an entire wing of his ministry based upon the horrible strategy of the pro-life movement over the past 35 years. Or you can continue making a butthead of yourself and firing accusations against a God-fearing man who loves the Lord and preaches and teaches the Bible.

See the below quotes about Bob's Focus on the Strategy video:

Focus on the Strategy

In Focus on the Strategy, using audio and video clips of Christian leaders, Bob Enyart presents seven lines of evidence that our national ministries have endorsed legal positivism, elevating man's rules and the Constitution above God, and giving them precedence above eternal laws such as Thou shall not murder.

This blockbuster DVD demonstrates that legal positivism (secular humanism in law) is eroding even the personal morality of Christian believers. On Nov. 2, 2005 Family Research Council gave us an example of raw legal positivism when Gary Bauer defended Judge Samuel Alito for voting to uphold Partial Birth Abortion for process reasons, because it was his job as a judge. However, God cares about the souls of judges as much as others; and a judge who upholds the murder of the innocent is no less guilty before God than a criminal who kills his victim.

Whereas Peter said to the leaders of his day, "We must obey God rather than men," our Christian leaders have lost their way, and now openly embrace legal positivism. This humanist theory requires obedience to the U.S. Constitution, even when that obedience results in violating God's eternal, moral commands including Thou Shall Not Murder.

Flip Benham, national director of Operation Rescue / OSA, produced this one-hour blockbuster analysis of Christian political strategy. Filmed before a live audience of 300 Christian activists, in Focus on the Strategy Bob Enyart reveals to the public the private presentation he gave at Focus on the Family to Tom Minnery, Dr. James Dobson's VP of Public Policy. This political analysis ends with four specific recommendations for Christians to implement as we seek to influence our culture and government for Christ.

(We offer this Focus on the Strategy DVD in quantity at a large discount because it is the most powerful presentation we've ever produced and it successfully convinces Christians that we need to assess our failed Christian political strategy, and replace its weaknesses with insightful and powerful principles of justice and government!)

People who have enjoyed Focus on the Strategy have also enjoyed its sequel, Focus on the Strategy II. See our Specials section to get both together for an even deeper discount!

From www.kgov.com

PKevman

And you are failing to get the point that to do nothing but complain because of our principle that we are subjecting more babies to being murdered.

This is a discussion about who to support for President. I won't support anyone who would make it possible for one baby to be murdered. I will only support candidates who will not compromise on "Do not murder".

Here it is again for those following this debate and aren't getting it:

I won't support anyone who would make it possible for one baby to be murdered. I will only support candidates who will not compromise on "Do not murder".

I won't support anyone who would make it possible for one baby to be murdered. I will only support candidates who will not compromise on "Do not murder".

PKevman

Do you have a problem with this Kevin?

Yes, I have a problem with it. His voting record doesn't indicate that he actually holds the positions articulated in the post. He makes exceptions for murdering babies and even openly admitted it in the whole "Life of the mother" issue that I have been round and round with the Stephens about.

drbrumley

You should further investigate people before you make these kinds of statements. Bob's got an entire wing of his ministry based upon the horrible strategy of the pro-life movement over the past 35 years. Or you can continue making a butthead of yourself and firing accusations against a God-fearing man who loves the Lord and preaches and teaches the Bible.

See the below quotes about Bob's Focus on the Strategy video:

From www.kgov.com

I get that Kevin, that we must obey God rather than men. True. So how is Roe v Wade making you disobey God? Is it forcing your family into an abortion, as China regularly does? Is that law forcing you to counsel people to have one? Now let's change the law.

PKevman

I get that Kevin, that we must obey God rather than men. True. So how is Roe v Wade making you disobey God? Is it forcing your family into an abortion, as China regularly does? Is that law forcing you to counsel people to have one? Now let's change the law.

That was a response to something Sopwith21 said about Bob. But I agree, let's change the law. The best way to do so is to promote candidates who won't compromise on murder in any way, shape, form, or place.

drbrumley

Yes, I have a problem with it. His voting record doesn't indicate that he actually holds the positions articulated in the post. He makes exceptions for murdering babies and even openly admitted it in the whole "Life of the mother" issue that I have been round and round with the Stephens about.

His voting record isn't the issue of this post PK. I asked if you had a problem with what was written. Irrespective of Ron Paul. So, do you have a problem with it?

elected4ever

That was a response to something Sopwith21 said about Bob. But I agree, let's change the law. The best way to do so is to promote candidates who won't compromise on murder in any way, shape, form, or place.
So what are you going to do about china? That is a place isn't it? Tell me sir, who is doing the compromising here? You are Ron Paul? I think it is you by abandoning those who can help us achieve our goal.

drbrumley

So what are you going to do about china? That is a place isn't it? Tell me sir, who is doing the compromising here? You or Ron Paul? I think it is you by abandoning those who can help us achieve our goal.

You really need a spell checker.:thumb:

elected4ever

This is a discussion about who to support for President. I won't support anyone who would make it possible for one baby to be murdered. I will only support candidates who will not compromise on "Do not murder".

Here it is again for those following this debate and aren't getting it:

Sorry sir, Jesus hasn't returned yet. When He does it will be to late anyway.

PKevman

So what are you going to do about china? That is a place isn't it? Tell me sir, who is doing the compromising here? You are Ron Paul? I think it is you by abandoning those who can help us achieve our goal.

:doh: This was also already dealt with. I thought you had read through the thread?

Abortion is wrong anywhere and everywhere. I don't live in China and have no influence or vote as to what happens in China.

Why don't you walk down the street and buy groceries at that store in Shanghaii?

elected4ever

:doh: This was also already dealt with. I thought you had read through the thread?

Abortion is wrong anywhere and everywhere. I don't live in China and have no influence or vote as to what happens in China.

Why don't you walk down the street and buy groceries at that store in Shanghaii?
You don't live in New York. So why not you buy your groceries in Buffalo? What have you to do with New York law?

Status
Not open for further replies.