Teen Vogue under fire after promoting sodomy among teens

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I actually think sex is one of the few things where parents are uniquely unable to talk to kids reasonably. If they can, that's great, but realistically, there are going to be a lot of holes in that system for a lot of kids. And I think there's benefit in it being talked about in semi-public ways. And kids, especially teens, are always going to be drawn to such content.
What semi-public ways?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Which just shows how more open we are as a culture. Would anyone in normal public conversation 50 years ago say what you and sod just said? That's not a commentary on whether it's good or bad, just that it's out there. Things aren't shocking anymore, or if they are, they have to be many degrees beyond because people have become desensitized.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Which just shows how more open we are as a culture. Would anyone in normal public conversation 50 years ago say what you and sod just said? That's not a commentary on whether it's good or bad, just that it's out there. Things aren't shocking anymore, or if they are, they have to be many degrees beyond because people have become desensitized.
Well, this was TOL, not very public. I might act differently in a coffee shop: :chuckle: But I take your point.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Well, this was TOL, not very public.

Really? That's interesting how you see it.

I might act differently in a coffee shop: :chuckle: But I take your point.

Maybe you would, maybe you wouldn't. :chuckle:

Maybe it would depend more on who you're with. It would with me, anyway.

It's interesting, what scandalizes and what doesn't, even here. I've been observing.

glassjester

i disagree

i believe that ideally, a pair of Christian parents will always be better judges of their child's readiness for marriage, regardless of the age of the child, regardless of the gender of the child

they will always be wiser and more experienced than their child

until dementia hits, of course

To a very limited extent, I agree.

Of course her parents, being older, would be wiser. Maybe better judges of character, right?

I do believe in the tradition of the man asking the woman's parents before proposing. I asked my wife's parents. I think it's valuable, and it gives the parents a sort of veto power.

But I don't think an adult woman's parents should have complete control over her, to the point that they could say, "Here's a guy we found - you're getting married next April, because we say so, and we're wiser than you."

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
..., entirely too many kids have ready internet access to far worse.

right - this is part of the liberal push to sexualize our children which will inevitably lead to societally acceptable pedophilia

you and your retarded friend artie have been rejecting this message for years

You haven't seen it at all on here ...

GJ might not have seen it, but you and anna certainly have