Teen Vogue under fire after promoting sodomy among teens

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
It's anonymous, though. Many people will say things anonymously, that they wouldn't say in person.

Oh, I definitely agree that many will.

But when I say public, I don't mean we're posting without pseudonyms. I mean public in that our words are out there for anyone to read.

There's just stuff I wouldn't get into even anonymously here that I might talk about without any embarrassment at all if i was among friends or with someone I trusted. Or sometimes maybe only among women.

Arthur Brain

right - this is part of the liberal push to sexualize our children which will inevitably lead to societally acceptable pedophilia

you and your retarded friend artie have been rejecting this message for years

GJ might not have seen it, but you and anna certainly have

I've seen a gnat buzzing about plenty times...

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The Teen Vogue burner/blogger:

The “Activist Mommy” Has a Lot of Advice on How to Beat Your Children Properly

Elizabeth Johnston is the homeschooling Christian mother of 10 who goes by the name “The Activist Mommy” online and went viral with her multiple rants against Teen Vogue for daring to publish an article about anal sex.

ActivistTeenVogue.png

She may be gaining popularity right now, but she’s been in conservative Christian circles for a long time, and she was writing about how to raise children in a Jesus-approved way more than a decade ago. Her old website was called Why the Truth Hurts. She and her husband posted on it back in the day when they only had four children. The site is no longer accessible.

But that’s why Satan invented the Internet Archives. It turns out we can look through several of the articles they wrote and get a sense of just how warped their idea of parenting really is.

Just to be clear, a lot of conservative Christians espouse these views. But when a Christian “mommy” is getting praised online for how she’s raising and protecting her children, it’s worth digging into what that means outside of burning magazines she doesn’t like. I don’t know which articles she wrote — many of them appear to be written by her husband — but the website certainly implies that she agrees with all of it.

Check out this article, for example, riffing on the concept of “training up” a child… which is the method made famous by Michael and Debi Pearl all about how to beat your child lovingly.

What do we learn from the Johnstons’ Big Book of Advice?

1) Don’t let anyone find out you’re beating your children
Almost all spankings will cause a brief red mark on the skin, especially on fair skinned children. Be sensitive to this, and don’t let your child out in public in shorts if there are red marks on the child’s legs.

2) Beat your children at home
don’t spank publicly if at all possible… the proper training at home will prevent the need for corporal punishment in public. Don’t presume that nobody’s looking — there are video cameras in the shadows.

3) Always use the right tools
Hands, surprisingly, can cause bruising very easily. The aim is not injury but a temporary sting, and a paddle or a switch can do this much better than a hand. The pain of a pop on the forearm with a switch, or on the buttocks with a belt, or on the thigh with a wooden spoon should never cause lasting pain or dysfunction, but only a temporary sting that should pass in a few seconds to moments. If the child is wearing a diaper, be especially careful not to swing your hand at the child’s padded buttocks. Because of the padding, parents are inclined to swing harder, and they can dislocate the child’s hip or hurt his back with a heavy swing on a diaper. It’s much safer to use a wooden spoon on the open thigh than to risk injury by spanking a padded bottom with your palm.

4) Don’t let anyone find out you’re beating your children (again)
insist that your children cry quietly. Strong, loud, uncontrolled crying is a manifestation of rebellion, and should not be tolerated. A spanked child should cry quietly and not excessively. Excessive screaming might also prompt a concerned neighbor to call the HRS on you.

5) Always get a lawyer for when you’ve gone too far
The HRS has zero tolerance for spanking, and if they learn that you “hit” your children, they will not hesitate to take your children, and then you will be at the mercy of a liberal court… If the social worker at your door asks you if you have guns in the home, or if you believe in the Bible, or if you homeschool your kids, or what church you attend, you do not have to answer. Tell her that you love your children and that you’re uncomfortable with the spontaneous interview, and that she can ask her questions in the presence of your attorney at a later date.

If you’re offering advice about which household utensils are best to hit your kids with, maybe you’re a horrible parent.

If you’re beating your child so hard that neighbors might call a social worker on you, maybe you’re a horrible parent.

If you’re trying to cover up the physical marks left on your child after you beat them, maybe you’re a horrible parent.

If your parenting style involves making sure there’s a lawyer present for when you’re questioned about the child abuse, maybe you’re a horrible parent.

And if your first reaction to a magazine article you don’t like is to burn it in a fire so your kids can’t get access to it, maybe you’re a horrible parent. (It’s also a pretty dumb move since that article is online.)

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

Why do Christian conservatives appear preoccupied with creating threads based on what they consider to be "deviant sex?"

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Why do Christian conservatives appear preoccupied with creating threads based on what they consider to be "deviant sex?"

Apparently it's more interesting than discussing education, poverty, loving thy neighbor as thyself , peace on earth, good will towards men (and women) ...:idunno:

glassjester

Because that's the particular ill that said "deviants" are trying to normalize. People against it are speaking up against its normalization.

If there was a huge media push to normalize pika, I'm sure people would be speaking out against that, too.

glassjester

But that’s why Satan invented the Internet Archives. It turns out we can look through several of the articles they wrote and get a sense of just how warped their idea of parenting really is.

She just called attention to it. None of the arguments against the article rely on her character.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Apparently it's more interesting than discussing education, poverty, loving thy neighbor as thyself , peace on earth, good will towards men (and women) ...:idunno:
Education: this article is negligent at best, and scandalizing moral education at worst, and most accurately
Poverty: the article could have been about solving poverty instead of scandalizing youth about censored
Loving thy neighbor as thyself: there's nothing loving about neighbor or self, in committing or promoting censored
Peace on earth: committing or promoting censored doesn't lead to peace on earth, the article could have done more to promote peace on earth than by promoting censored
Good will towards men and women: again, what did the article itself do to promote good will towards anybody, in promoting censored?

glassjester

Education: this article is negligent at best, and scandalizing moral education at worst, and most accurately
Poverty: the article could have been about solving poverty instead of scandalizing youth about censored
Loving thy neighbor as thyself: there's nothing loving about neighbor or self, in committing or promoting censored
Peace on earth: committing or promoting censored doesn't lead to peace on earth, the article could have done more to promote peace on earth than by promoting censored
Good will towards men and women: again, what did the article itself do to promote good will towards anybody, in promoting censored?

Exactly.

It did nothing but encourage children to have sex and allow their bodies to be abused. What other goal could it have possibly had?

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Because that's the particular ill that said "deviants" are trying to normalize. People against it are speaking up against its normalization.

If there was a huge media push to normalize pika, I'm sure people would be speaking out against that, too.

:angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob: :angrymob::angrymob::angrymob:

The same criticism could be levelled at "Donald Trump" and yet conservative Christians have embraced him.

:angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob: :angrymob::angrymob::angrymob:

Last edited: