Take Down the Bird Feeder!

Alate_One

How was it racist? Where did I say I could not dream that blacks and Hispanics were capable of anything but manual labor? That's your anti white or rather conservative white racism showing. You assume I think that way.
You didn't have to say it, it's what you assumed. Just like Donald Trump assumed Rep. John Lewis' district was a crime ridden disaster, because he's black.

It's one thing to make assumptions internally, it's a natural part of being human. We're all biased to some degree. But when you continually spout the assumptions as facts, not bothering to check to see if they're correct or not, and still asserting the truth of your stereotypes in the face of evidence to the contrary; that my friends, makes someone a racist.

Historically, blacks and Hispanics engage in manual labor at a far greater rate than whites. It may have lessened some over the years. I am just a realist.
No, you think stereotypes are reality, that's your problem. You assume any correlation with a racial group and an outcome or practice has an underlying genetic or cultural cause.

I'm further from a racist than you will ever know.
:rotfl: Yeah just like Trump says nobody has more respect for women than him. The audience at the debate where he used that line couldn't help but laugh. :chuckle:

Your hatred for those who refuse to think like you is showing.
There's no hate expressed in what I said. You asked if I still thought you were racist and I answered you.

You've shown over and over that you won't judge humans with different skin tones than your own as having the same basic potential as you or another white person has. The first step in fixing a racist viewpoint is admitting you have one.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
You didn't have to say it, it's what you assumed. Just like Donald Trump assumed Rep. John Lewis' district was a crime ridden disaster, because he's black.

maybe trump assumed the georgia fifth congressional district is a crime ridden disaster because it is :idunno:

Lewis represents the 5th House District of Georgia. Trump’s criticism of it is a bit of hyperbole. But only a bit. Consider:

-Atlanta, which comprises a large portion of the 5th District, ranks as the 19th most dangerous large city (population 250,000+) in the nation. It has 1,119 violent crimes per 100,000. The national average is about 373.

-In 2016, Atlanta’s high school graduation rate was 71.5 percent. Nationally the rate is 82 percent.

–According to the Atlanta Journal and Constitution, about “1 in 6 families in the district lived in poverty in the previous year. The same dataset estimated the national rate to be about 1 family in 9.”

Lewis has been in Congress for 30 years, yet what do the voters of the 5th District have to show for it? If Lewis truly wishes to withdraw his approval of a Trump/GOP-led government, he should go beyond an Inauguration Day boycott towards a “total boycott” and promptly remove himself from Congress.

https://spectator.org/lewis-district-is-rather-sad/

Alate_One

maybe trump assumed the georgia fifth congressional district is a crime ridden disaster because it is :idunno:
NOTE: The 5th district is not all of Atlanta. In fact it contains several universities - Georgia Tech, Emory and thus has very high levels of educational attainment.

You can pick a few statistics about Atlanta itself, which are not all great, but Atlanta is an up and coming city with a decreasing crime rate.

Politifact rating - mostly false

There's also the fact that Lewis actually marched for civil rights, and was beaten several times while Trump was starting failed business at the time. It's rather ironic that the tweeter in chief is accusing others of being "all talk".

ok doser

NOTE: The 5th district is not all of Atlanta. In fact it contains several universities - Georgia Tech, Emory and thus has very high levels of educational attainment.

You can pick a few statistics about Atlanta itself, which are not all great, but Atlanta is an up and coming city with a decreasing crime rate.

Politifact rating - mostly false

There's also the fact that Lewis actually marched for civil rights, and was beaten several times while Trump was starting failed business at the time. It's rather ironic that the tweeter in chief is accusing others of being "all talk".

none of that supports your contention that trump made the statement because he's racist

ClimateSanity

AlateOne said:. Just like Donald Trump assumed Rep. John Lewis' district was a crime ridden disaster, because he's black.

Trump didn't assume anything. Lewis's district is a crime ridden disaster.

ClimateSanity

AlateOne said...It's one thing to make assumptions internally, it's a natural part of being human. We're all biased to some degree. But when you continually spout the assumptions as facts, not bothering to check to see if they're correct or not, and still asserting the truth of your stereotypes in the face of evidence to the contrary; that my friends, makes someone a racist.

Seeing as I did none of the things you accused me of, I am not a racist.

ClimateSanity

AlateOne said....No, you think stereotypes are reality, that's your problem. You assume any correlation with a racial group and an outcome or practice has an underlying genetic or cultural cause.

That blacks and Hispanics have traditionally had more manual labor jobs than whites is a reality. Just because the reality is troubling to your psyche, doesn't make it a stereotype.

I said nothing of anything having a cultural or genetic cause. Just how fevered is your imagination?

ok doser

AlateOne said....No, you think stereotypes are reality, that's your problem. You assume any correlation with a racial group and an outcome or practice has an underlying genetic or cultural cause.

That blacks and Hispanics have traditionally had more manual labor jobs than whites is a reality. Just because the reality is troubling to your psyche, doesn't make it a stereotype.

I said nothing of anything having a cultural or genetic cause. Just how fevered is your imagination?

we'll see more of this from the left as friday approaches - they're losing their grip on reality

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
If you are a white man and you become a threat to the Left, they will try to make you out to be racist, sexist, bigoted, anon anon. That's their shtick. Their MO- Trump was seen as none of these things before the election. You can see it plainly with California- you see how they loved Trump up until this election, and now they've made him comparable to Hitler.

The big mistake for anyone to make is to even listen to these people, they spew nothing but poison at whoever doesn't share their imagination and unfounded biases. Nobody should care about a bunch of women who never grew up, or cuckolded men supporting those hostile to them.

Alate_One

Traditionally, maybe, depending on how far back you go, everyone did manual labor. :p But the assumption was not traditionally, it was today you made that assumption. You didn't read the article and you asserted your own stereotypes over it.

Here's a recent breakdown of occupations by race. The bottom two I would class as "manual labor" which are pretty similar for blacks and whites. Latinos are overrepresented, though only by about 10%.

ted_20121026_a.png

So, again you're asserting ideas as fact, that are not based in reality. "Everyone knows" isn't data, it's a stereotype.

You've done that previously, asserting you were within your rights to deny someone a job because of a pattern that correlated with skin color.

You don't have to *say* "I think Black people are stupid, lazy, criminals." You reveal your thinking with your repeated insistence on stereotypes.

And if you want to talk about fevered imagination, how about your "final solution for whites" comment? :dizzy:

ok doser

....how about your "final solution for whites" comment? :dizzy:

he wants to kill all whites? :freak:

good - about darned time :thumb:

whitey is the cause of all the world's problems

hitler was white

so was mao

and idi amin

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Hunger is a very strong motivator, and it's not like in today's society there isn't something one could do to earn money. I could point to a couple examples of people who are disabled, but still make a living. For example, the woman who has no arms who paints using her feet, another woman who paints using her mouth to hold the brush. If someone has a sound mind, they should be able to work.

The verse is very clear. If a man will not work, then he shall not eat.

If a man wants to work, then could you not offer him a job where he could do something to earn money? Even if it's just unloading a trailer of wood and then loading it back up again, it's far better than handouts.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app
It's as if you have no concept of the real world; astonishing.

ClimateSanity

Traditionally, maybe, depending on how far back you go, everyone did manual labor. :p But the assumption was not traditionally, it was today you made that assumption. You didn't read the article and you asserted your own stereotypes over it.

Here's a recent breakdown of occupations by race. The bottom two I would class as "manual labor" which are pretty similar for blacks and whites. Latinos are overrepresented, though only by about 10%.

ted_20121026_a.png

So, again you're asserting ideas as fact, that are not based in reality. "Everyone knows" isn't data, it's a stereotype.

You've done that previously, asserting you were within your rights to deny someone a job because of a pattern that correlated with skin color.

You don't have to *say* "I think Black people are stupid, lazy, criminals." You reveal your thinking with your repeated insistence on stereotypes.

And if you want to talk about fevered imagination, how about your "final solution for whites" comment? :dizzy:

It's not such a fevered imagination. Read up on some of the musings of your progressive pals. I just read it the other day. Want me to dig it up?

ClimateSanity

AlateOne said: You don't have to *say* "I think Black people are stupid, lazy, criminals." You reveal your thinking with your repeated insistence on stereotypes.
I have no stereotypes and I don't think black people are stupid, lazy, criminals.

Why are you obssessed with making false accusations?

ClimateSanity

AlateOne said....
Traditionally, maybe, depending on how far back you go, everyone did manual labor. But the assumption was not traditionally, it was today you made that assumption.

You were the one who felt that making a point that blacks and Hispanics are harder workers than whites could invalidate the OP.

I took exception to that because I never made a case that any race was a harder worker than any other race. I smelt a bad study that was inaccurate. Knowing the progressive mind, I suspected they made no distinction between various kinds of work. I was not thinking about any particular time frame but what I have experienced in my own life. That experience showed me blacks and Hispanics were more involved in manual labor than whites. It probably is different when you go to the mega progressive areas like NYC and Los Angeles county that overwhelmingly voted for Clinton. Taking that into consideration, it may well be correct about blacks and Hispanics. The study was based on hours worked? Is that really a measure of just how hard a person works? In my experience, if you turn down overtime, you lose your job.

My question then becomes.......why are blacks and Hispanics asked to work more hours than whites?

ClimateSanity

some of them are :idunno:

Some whites are too. It's all culturally driven. Just like most progressives are arrogant and snobby and believe they have the moral imperative to tell you how to think and live. It's all culturally driven. there are many recent articles describing this culture....it is called living in the bubble.

rexlunae

If you are a white man and you become a threat to the Left, they will try to make you out to be racist, sexist, bigoted, anon anon.

You could make it a little harder.

Their MO- Trump was seen as none of these things before the election.

My opinion of Trump hasn't changed a lot over the course of the election. All that's changed is my estimation of the threat he represents. Frankly, I overestimated the integrity of establishment Republicans.

You can see it plainly with California- you see how they loved Trump up until this election, and now they've made him comparable to Hitler.

I don't think there was a lot of love for Trump before he ran. His friends seem to be mostly people he's helped along, who offer him complete fidelity in return.

The big mistake for anyone to make is to even listen to these people, they spew nothing but poison at whoever doesn't share their imagination and unfounded biases. Nobody should care about a bunch of women who never grew up, or cuckolded men supporting those hostile to them.

Yeah, that thing about you being easy to paint in a certain light. This is why.