Take Down the Bird Feeder!

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I bought a bird feeder. I hung It on my back porch and filled It with seed. What a beauty of a bird feeder it was, as I filled it, lovingly with seed. Within a week we had hundreds of birds taking advantage of the continuous flow of free and easily accessible food.

But then the birds started building nests in the boards of the patio, above the table, and next to the barbecue.

Then came the poop. It was everywhere: on the patio tile, the chairs, the table…. Everywhere!

Then some of the birds turned mean. They would dive bomb me and try to peck me even though I had fed them out of my own pocket.

And other birds were boisterous and loud. They sat on the feeder and squawked and screamed at all hours of the day and night and demanded that I fill it when it got low on food.

After a while, I couldn’t even sit on my own back porch anymore. So I took down the bird feeder and in three days the birds were gone. I cleaned up their mess and took down the many nests they had built all over the patio.

Soon, the back yard was like it used to be ….. Quiet, serene…. And no one demanding their rights to a free meal.

Now let’s see. Our government gives out free food, subsidized housing, free medical care and free education, and allows anyone born here to be an automatic citizen.

Then the illegals came by the tens of thousands. Suddenly our taxes went up to pay for free services; small apartments are housing 5 families; you have to wait 6 hours to be seen by an emergency room doctor; your child’s second grade class is behind other schools because over half the class doesn’t speak English.

Corn flakes now come in a bilingual box; I have to ‘press one ‘ to hear my bank talk to me in English, and people waving flags other than ‘Old Glory’ are squawking and screaming in the streets, demanding more rights and free liberties.

Just my opinion, but maybe it’s time for the government to take down the bird feeder.

If you agree, pass it on; if not, just continue cleaning up the poop.

Maxine

View attachment 25139

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I bought a bird feeder. I hung It on my back porch and filled It with seed. What a beauty of a bird feeder it was, as I filled it, lovingly with seed. Within a week we had hundreds of birds taking advantage of the continuous flow of free and easily accessible food.

But then the birds started building nests in the boards of the patio, above the table, and next to the barbecue.

Then came the poop. It was everywhere: on the patio tile, the chairs, the table…. Everywhere!

Then some of the birds turned mean. They would dive bomb me and try to peck me even though I had fed them out of my own pocket.

And other birds were boisterous and loud. They sat on the feeder and squawked and screamed at all hours of the day and night and demanded that I fill it when it got low on food.

After a while, I couldn’t even sit on my own back porch anymore. So I took down the bird feeder and in three days the birds were gone. I cleaned up their mess and took down the many nests they had built all over the patio.

Soon, the back yard was like it used to be ….. Quiet, serene…. And no one demanding their rights to a free meal.

Now let’s see. Our government gives out free food, subsidized housing, free medical care and free education, and allows anyone born here to be an automatic citizen.

Then the illegals came by the tens of thousands. Suddenly our taxes went up to pay for free services; small apartments are housing 5 families; you have to wait 6 hours to be seen by an emergency room doctor; your child’s second grade class is behind other schools because over half the class doesn’t speak English.

Corn flakes now come in a bilingual box; I have to ‘press one ‘ to hear my bank talk to me in English, and people waving flags other than ‘Old Glory’ are squawking and screaming in the streets, demanding more rights and free liberties.

Just my opinion, but maybe it’s time for the government to take down the bird feeder.

Maxine

View attachment 25139
Animals and people love free stuff -

Alate_One

The point is that human beings are about as valuable as songbirds, and they act like animals so you may as well just let them starve.

And, how DARE I be confronted with any other language but English.
How DARE anyone ask for more rights?

I don't know how someone who is a Christian can espouse this point of view. It's hateful, bigoted and merciless. You're entitled to an opinion, but don't pretend it's a righteous one.

Arthur Brain

You don't get it, do ya? Ask your Queen.

The queen wouldn't seem to have an issue with governmental aid for the poor, not that she has much say in the political machinations of the UK anyway. Maybe you can get over your demented obsession with the British monarchy and have a shot at answering the question?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The queen wouldn't seem to have an issue with governmental aid for the poor, not that she has much say in the political machinations of the UK anyway. Maybe you can get over your demented obsession with the British monarchy and have a shot at answering the question?

I simply decline to answer.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
The point is that human beings are about as valuable as songbirds, and they act like animals so you may as well just let them starve.

And, how DARE I be confronted with any other language but English.
How DARE anyone ask for more rights?

I don't know how someone who is a Christian can espouse this point of view. It's hateful, bigoted and merciless. You're entitled to an opinion, but don't pretend it's a righteous one.

More rights? like the right to murder ones child under the guise of "choice"? I don't know how someone can call themself a Christian and espouse that POV, yet many do, and presume they are righteous as well. :juggle:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How about Thessalonians instead. Because that is about how to live, where as Galatians is sharp rebuke.

2 Thessalonians 3

10 For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

:freak:

Birds have a mob mentality- there's a small lake in front of my building where about ten geese have sort of made their home. I started feeding them old bread and then every time I went out near the water, they would circle around me and be jerks.

So
I went out there and started acting like a bear, and now they stay away :chuckle:

Arthur Brain

How about Thessalonians instead. Because that is about how to live, where as Galatians is sharp rebuke.

2 Thessalonians 3

10 For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat.

Newsflash Nicky, not everyone is able to work and nor is there such a thing as a job for everybody. Taking a quote and applying it to modern society where's there a dearth of jobs in many inner cities alone is just pathetic. You're like the rich man who just regarded Lazarus as a bum. I've yet to see you ever display any sense of compassion or understanding for other people frankly.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
:freak:

Birds have a mob mentality- there's a small lake in front of my building where about ten geese have sort of made their home. I started feeding them old bread and then every time I went out near the water, they would circle around me and be jerks.

So
I went out there and started acting like a bear, and now they stay away :chuckle:
Keep feeding the geese Cruc - always feed the geese

btw - people have the worst mob mentality of all the animals

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

Maxine

View attachment 25139

:think:

Spoiler
hunter-aiming-shotgun-21772297.jpg

Alate_One

More rights? like the right to murder ones child under the guise of "choice"? I don't know how someone can call themself a Christian and espouse that POV, yet many do, and presume they are righteous as well. :juggle:
Changing the subject much? If you're intent that the government must mandate that every woman that conceives, Christian or no, should give birth, you could at least have that same government pony up money to support the resulting children, or pay for adoption etc.

protectinglife.jpg

But hey that would be consistent. I'm not pro abortion no matter what, but there is a delicate balance between the rights of a zygote, embryo, or fetus and the rights of a woman. And most Americans have that position, supporting some restrictions but not an outright ban. You also cannot show me any specific verse that says abortion is wrong in all cases, but I can give you dozens of verses that tell us to care for the poor, the alien and the widow. Yet for some reason you don't want to care for your fellow man.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Changing the subject much?

Didn't change it just felt obliged to show the hypocrisy in your post...mission accomplished.

If you're intent that the government must mandate that every woman that conceives, Christian or no, should give birth, you could at least have that same government pony up money to support the resulting children, or pay for adoption etc.

The citizenry already does, and if it means the moneys going to planned parenthood abortions are channeled towards life & those that would protect it, I'm in, you won't hear me complain.

But hey that would be consistent.

I am being consistent...

I'm not pro abortion no matter what, but there is a delicate balance between the rights of a zygote, embryo, or fetus and the rights of a woman.

You mean you are for life...but.

And most Americans have that position, supporting some restrictions but not an outright ban. You also cannot show me any specific verse that says abortion is wrong in all cases,

Ex. 20:13 Thou shalt not kill.

and for you Alate that makes distinctions of what constitutes life & the rights thereof:

Psa. 139:13 For you formed my inmost being.
You knit me together in my mother’s womb.
Psa. 139:14 I will give thanks to you,
For I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Your works are wonderful.
My soul knows that very well.
Psa. 139:15 My frame wasn’t hidden from you,
When I was made in secret,
Woven together in the depths of the earth.
Psa. 139:16 Your eyes saw my body.
In your book they were all written,
The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there were none of them.

but I can give you dozens of verses that tell us to care for the poor, the alien and the widow. Yet for some reason you don't want to care for your fellow man.

Care for who? should we as a society support for a lifetime people that refuse to work? I can show you verses where a sluggard should not be supported. We supply for the needs of the old, infirmed, widowed, homeless via social security, medicare, medicaid, welfare, foodstamps, subsidized housing, et al. what more do you require? jesus also said "the poor would always be amongst you" Matt. 26:11. I guess that judging who is actually poor & needy from those that are able bodied & lazy escapes you or you want to ignore it. Supplying the needs for the truly needy is not the issue, an entire class of able bodied people living off the public dole is.

Prov. 10:4 He becomes poor who works with a lazy hand,
But the hand of the diligent brings wealth.

Prov. 20:4 The sluggard will not plow by reason of the winter;
Therefore he shall beg in harvest, and have nothing.

Prov. 26:14 As the door turns on its hinges,
So does the sluggard on his bed.

Prov. 26:15 The sluggard buries his hand in the dish.
He is too lazy to bring it back to his mouth.

2Th. 3:10 For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: “If anyone will not work, neither let him eat.”

There were lazy bums even in Biblical times, and there is a difference between needy & lazy, the Bible defines both, and so should you.