Swine Sausage - Sin?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
You likey? :) Likely for the same reason the Acts 15 injunction places only the initial "necessary things" upon new convert-kid-goats who are just starting off "in the milk of the Word", (Yerushalaim of above is our mother, [covenant]). Not that I was saying anyone in particular is a kid-goat but for the sake of such as are. :)

Laughing is sometimes joyous and good for the soul.

First honey then milk.

Then......... shudder.

Ben Masada

Dear Ben Masada,

No, nothing like that. No one made anything for me. If I want some eggs, I can make them. But no bacon with them for me. That is what I was trying to say, but I was making a joke about it. Jesus didn't eat bacon. Neither do I.

That's right Michael, I was only kidding. If you follow the lead of Jesus as bacon was concerned, it is only a step closer to Isa. 56:1-8 but still a step closer.

Ben Masada

Acts 15:20-29 is given to new gentile converts yet there is no commandment in the Torah concerning the eating of things strangled or choked. Some try to associate the statement with an animal that "dies of itself" but that is simply not what the Acts statement says. The Acts 15 declaration therefore not only concerns Torah but Essene-Jewish law and that which may offend ones brother, (eating krea-flesh of something that had the blood of a living soul, Genesis 9:4, Romans 14:21, 1 Corinthians 8:13). And for those who do not realize it Yeshua was not ashamed to call those who are willing to become sanctified his brethren. :)

If you mean the Gentiles, I am not too sure as Jesus was concerned because he himself forbade his disciples to take the gospel of salvation to the Gentiles, especially Samaritans. (Mat. 10:5,6) It seems to me, Jesus was not too friendly with Gentiles, especially if they were from the Samaritans. Kind of weird though, considering that Israel had been assigned as light unto the Gentiles. (Isa. 42:6)

daqq

Laughing is sometimes joyous and good for the soul.

First honey then milk.

Then......... shudder.

:thumb:

If you mean the Gentiles, I am not too sure as Jesus was concerned because he himself forbade his disciples to take the gospel of salvation to the Gentiles, especially Samaritans. (Mat. 10:5,6) It seems to me, Jesus was not too friendly with Gentiles, especially if they were from the Samaritans. Kind of weird though, considering that Israel had been assigned as light unto the Gentiles. (Isa. 42:6)

One must understand exactly when and where ethnos means gentiles, nations, or heathen. Paul lays out a perfect example in Romans by including with ethnos his usage of the words for "Greeks" and "Barbarois", (whom he says he is indebted to). If one understands his usage of such words the same will begin to understand the seemingly enigmatic and elusive statements such as "the fullness of the ethnos having entered in". So then, when the fullness of the heathen have come in, then shall the Deliverer come forth out of Zion; and in this manner shall all Yisrael be delivered, and not before, because then the Father would not get the glory. And it is to each in his or her own appointed times: and the heathen of the Land are seven nations greater and mightier than the sons of Yisrael, (Deut 7:1) and seven mountains which are seven heads, and the seventh king is Legion and devours much swine. As 1M1S said above, shudder. :)

JonahofAkron

Perhaps He was hoping for His disciples to learn first and then go.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's right Michael, I was only kidding. If you follow the lead of Jesus as bacon was concerned, it is only a step closer to Isa. 56:1-8 but still a step closer.

Dear Ben Masada,

Thanks for the levity!! I am glad you were just kidding. We both have the same type of hearts. You're the Best!!

Praise The Lord!!!

Michael

:think: :rapture:

Ben Masada

:thumb:

One must understand exactly when and where ethnos means gentiles, nations, or heathen. Paul lays out a perfect example in Romans by including with ethnos his usage of the words for "Greeks" and "Barbarois", (whom he says he is indebted to). If one understands his usage of such words the same will begin to understand the seemingly enigmatic and elusive statements such as "the fullness of the ethnos having entered in". So then, when the fullness of the heathen have come in, then shall the Deliverer come forth out of Zion; and in this manner shall all Yisrael be delivered, and not before, because then the Father would not get the glory. And it is to each in his or her own appointed times: and the heathen of the Land are seven nations greater and mightier than the sons of Yisrael, (Deut 7:1) and seven mountains which are seven heads, and the seventh king is Legion and devours much swine. As 1M1S said above, shudder. :)

I see "when the fullness of the heathen have come in, then shall the Deliverer come forth out of Zion" as the two carry-away of the Jews to Babylon. First, only the high class of Jews understood by king Jehoiachin, accompanied by all the princes and Jews from the high class including Ezekiel and Daniel. Then about 10 years later another layer of the Babylonian armies returned for the second last taken over of the Jews to exile in Babylon. This time the Temple was destroyed and the deliverer aka the Everlasting Righteousness came forth our of Zion aka the Shechinah to Babylon with the rest of the People. (Dan. 9:24; II Chron. 36:11-14)

daqq

I see "when the fullness of the heathen have come in, then shall the Deliverer come forth out of Zion" as the two carry-away of the Jews to Babylon. First, only the high class of Jews understood by king Jehoiachin, accompanied by all the princes and Jews from the high class including Ezekiel and Daniel. Then about 10 years later another layer of the Babylonian armies returned for the second last taken over of the Jews to exile in Babylon. This time the Temple was destroyed and the deliverer aka the Everlasting Righteousness came forth our of Zion aka the Shechinah to Babylon with the rest of the People. (Dan. 9:24; II Chron. 36:11-14)

Luke has Paul mentioning those seven heathen-nations in the Acts 13 discourse, (Acts 13:19) yet at the end of this same discourse Paul closes with the following warning and quote:

Acts 13:40-41
40. Beware therefore lest that come upon you which is spoken in the prophets:
41. Behold, you despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days, a work which you shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it unto you [Habakkuk 1:5].

As we know this comes from HaNavi Habakkuk:

Habakkuk 1:5-10 KJV
5. Behold ye among the heathen, and regard, and wonder marvellously: for I will work a work in your days which ye will not believe, though it be told you.
6. For, lo, I raise up the Chaldeans, that bitter and hasty nation, which shall march through the breadth of the land, to possess the dwellingplaces that are not theirs.
7. They are terrible and dreadful: their judgment and their dignity shall proceed of themselves.
8. Their horses also are swifter than the leopards, and are more fierce than the evening wolves: and their horsemen shall spread themselves, and their horsemen shall come from far; they shall fly as the eagle that hasteth to eat.
9. They shall come all for violence: their faces shall sup up as the east wind, and they shall gather the captivity as the sand.
10. And they shall scoff at the kings, and the princes shall be a scorn unto them: they shall deride every strong hold; for they shall heap dust, and take it.

Those "hasty Chaldeans" are not physical entities but rather of an unclean spiritual nature, (demons and their doctrines) because clearly they come to take possession of dwellings not their own, (every man has his house) and their horses are swifter than leopards. This is therefore in accordance with the doctrine of Messiah concerning the seven heathen-nations of Deutereonomy 7:1, of which I spoke, which seven heathen-nations of the Land are symbolic of demons and their doctrines, as revealed in the Gospel accounts by the man of the Gergesenes possessed of the Girgashite "duo". In the Textus Receptus the word Gergasenos is found in the text of the Matthew account:

Matthew 8:28-32
28. And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, [GSN#1086 Gergesenos] there met him a duo daimonizomenoi, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.
29. And, behold, they cried out, saying, What of us and you, Son of Elohim? are you come here to torment us before the appointed time?
30. And there was a good way off from them an herd of many swine feeding.
31. So the demons besought him, saying, If you cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine.
32. And he said unto them, Go! And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters.

Original Strong's Ref. #1086
Romanized Gergesenos
Pronounced gher-ghes-ay-nos'
of Hebrew origin [HSN1622]; a Gergesene (i.e. Girgashite)
or one of the aborigines of Palestine:
KJV--Gergesene.

Thus the seven heathen-nations of of Devarim 7:1 are not literal physical peoples in the doctrine of Yeshua but, rather, used for typological enemies: the enemies to your soul and to your doctrine, which are the demons and their doctrines. Therefore we are to show them no mercy as the Scripture says. We are to make no "covenants" or "marriages" with them, (this kind of marriage is like as in the days of Noah). If you do not "choke them out" then they will choke out the Seed of the Word from the soil of your own heart, like tares among the wheat, and eventually kill you:

Deuteronomy 7:1-6 KJV
1. When the Lord thy God shall bring thee into the land whither thou goest to possess it, and hath cast out many nations before thee, the Hittites, and the Girgashites, [HSN#1622 Girgashiy] and the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and mightier than thou;
2. And when the Lord thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them:
3. Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son.
4. For they will turn away thy son from following me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of the Lord be kindled against you, and destroy thee suddenly.
5. But thus shall ye deal with them; ye shall destroy their altars, and break down their images, and cut down their groves, and burn their graven images with fire.
6. For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

Original Strong's Ref. #1622
Romanized Girgashiy
Pronounced ghir-gaw-shee'
patrial from an unused name [of uncertain derivation];
a Girgashite, one of the native tribes of Canaan:
KJV--Girgashite, Girgasite.

And as before said; beware of the seventh, (for he is Legion). :chuckle:

Lon

What say you.... is it a sin to eat oysters, pork, *blood sausage, head cheese etc?
Other than the sausage/bacon cuts, pork and chicken are much leaner than beef.

Because of Mercury levels and PCBs, you are better off eating shelled fish than most large fish by a long shot.

If you are Jewish, your choices become slim for kosher meats but gentiles should be mostly concerned with what is healthy and good for the body. There is no restriction on meat for gentiles, but these: Acts 21:25

glorydaz

Because of Mercury levels and PCBs, you are better off eating shelled fish than most large fish by a long shot.

If you are Jewish, your choices become slim for kosher meats but gentiles should be mostly concerned with what is healthy and good for the body. There is no restriction on meat for gentiles, but these: Acts 21:25 http://biblehub.com/acts/21-26.htm

Some chickens are strangled. ;)

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Some chickens are strangled. ;)

Dear glorydaz,

You're right!! I just hate when they do that!! There must be another way, if they only knew. They just figure it's quick and easier. I can't quit eating chicken or duck, or goose, but maybe I will check out to make sure they are kosher. Since I won't have ham for New Year's Day, looks like Standing Rib Roast {Prime Rib}. I will have to have a more expensive meat for that holiday. Ham is cheaper, but I don't see any other choice. I have turkey for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I also used to have ham for Easter. Now it's going to be meat loaf {just kidding}! I'll just make some T-bone or Porterhouse Steaks.

Much Love, In The Name Of Jesus Christ,

Michael

:angel: :angel: :rapture: :cloud9: :cloud9:

daqq

If you are Jewish, your choices become slim for kosher meats but gentiles should be mostly concerned with what is healthy and good for the body. There is no restriction on meat for gentiles, but these: Acts 21:25

"For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: but he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit", (Romans 2:28-29). And no true inward Jew, being circumcised in heart, would eat blood or the flesh of another living creature which was formerly a living soul; nor would such a one willingly cause the death of another living creature with a living soul just to fill his or her belly of the flesh. For the same reason, as stated previously herein, the earnest expectation of the whole creation groans in anticipation, awaiting the revelation of the sons of Elohim: for the earnest expectation of the creature knows that the true sons of Elohim will not hunt them down, cage them up, fatten them up, slay them, drain their blood, and eat their flesh. In addition, as also previously stated, it is not possible to drain all of the blood from an animal, whether it is considered kosher or not, and the Acts 15:20-29 injunction clearly says to entirely abstain from blood. Moreover the statement does not even stipulate the "eating of blood" only, but more broadly, to completely abstain from blood, which means keeping innocent blood off of your hands so that when you raise your hands to the Father in the heavens you do not have innocent blood on your hands, (as also already stated in this thread from Isaiah 1:11-12, 15).

Acts 15:20
20. But that we write to them, that they abstain from the pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from pniktou, and from blood.

Acts 15:28-29
28. For it seemed good by the Holy Spirit and by us to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things:
29. That you abstain from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from pnikton, and from fornication: from which yourselves thoroughly avoiding, [GSN#1301 diatereo - strictly observing - to avoid entirely] you shall do well. Be strong, (fare-well)!

Strong's Ref. #1301
Romanized diatereo
Pronounced dee-at-ay-reh'-o
from GSN1223 and GSN5083; to watch thoroughly, i.e. (positively and transitively) to observe strictly, or (negatively and reflexively) to avoid wholly:
KJV--keep.

And the passage from Acts 21:25, which you quoted but countermanded with your own remarks, actually helps to make the statement from Acts 15:20-29 even more clear because it employs epistello, (which is to enjoin-command in writing) and also uses phulasso which is to watch, be on guard, obey, and avoid. If you think that is what you are practicing, since you speak with such authority, perhaps then the next time you sit down for a juicy steak you might have it cooked rare and think about these passages concerning complete abstention from blood with every juicy bite. :)

Lon

And the passage from Acts 21:25, which you quoted but countermanded with your own remarks, actually helps to make the statement from Acts 15:20-29 even more clear because it employs epistello, (which is to enjoin-command in writing) and also uses phulasso which is to watch, be on guard, obey, and avoid. If you think that is what you are practicing, since you speak with such authority, perhaps then the next time you sit down for a juicy steak you might have it cooked rare and think about these passages concerning complete abstention from blood with every juicy bite. :)
Er, we already do abstain. Blood goes bad quickly so with the exception of products specifically made of it, it is replaced with water and salt, which keep it much longer. Unless you are wringing your own chickens or something, all your meat is bled to help preserve it well. That 'blood' you see in the package is really water and a bit of meat it is saturating.

Most meat 'can' pass the kosher inspection but it is only a Jewish Rabbi that could/would care to do so.

Have a good Sunday.

daqq

Er, we already do abstain. Blood goes bad quickly so with the exception of products specifically made of it, it is replaced with water and salt, which keep it much longer. Unless you are wringing your own chickens or something, all your meat is bled to help preserve it well. That 'blood' you see in the package is really water and a bit of meat it is saturating.

Most meat 'can' pass the kosher inspection but it is only a Jewish Rabbi that could/would care to do so.

Have a good Sunday.

Er, this has nothing to do with "kosher" and I believe you not concerning blood and blood plasma, (salt only helps to disperse and therefore hide it). But if you do not believe what the Holy Spirit in the Scripture clearly says, from Acts 15:20, 28, 29, and Acts 21:25, (which you quoted) then what does that mean within the framework of your particular brand of Calvinism? How can one be sure he is truly "elect" if the same "elects" for himself which portions of the Scripture he will consume and which portions are not suitable to his taste? :)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm having pork fried pork, wrapped in pork, covered in pulled pork.

The apostle John said that the Word who became flesh made all things, and without him was not anything made that was made.

This means that Christ made the dietary restrictions for God's people.

Someone said Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. Do you believe that?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The apostle John said that the Word who became flesh made all things, and without him was not anything made that was made.

This means that Christ made the dietary restrictions for God's people.

Someone said Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. Do you believe that?

Always.

Mark 7:19 KJV - Romans 14:13-14 KJV and 15.

1 Corinthians 8:9 KJV and 10.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Always.

Mark 7:19 KJV - Romans 14:13-14 KJV and 15.

1 Corinthians 8:9 KJV and 10.

Are the scriptures you referred to in compliance with the law Christ gave to God's people? Or did Paul contradict the Law?

Paul testified, "Neither against the law of the Jews, nor against the temple, nor against Caesar have I offended in anything at all.”
(Acts 25:8 NKJV)

Paul did not teach Jews contrary to the Law.