Swine Sausage - Sin?

bybee

Or maybe you're just a lazy old woman?

The older I get the more I value the freedom of my own mind. And my ability to decide for myself what has value, and reason, and what is morally imperative both individually and collectively. But I have to do the intellectual work of sifting through the many ideals what the ideologues of the world so love to throw around these days as if they were absolute truths. When there is no absolute truth for we humans. There is only the relative truthfulness of things.

"Lazy"? no! Anyone who knows me would vouch for my work ethic, intellectually, physically and spiritually.
"Old"? Yes! God has gifted me with long life.
You, my friend, are a veritable "tempest in a teacup"!

bybee

Or maybe you're just a lazy old woman?

The older I get the more I value the freedom of my own mind. And my ability to decide for myself what has value, and reason, and what is morally imperative both individually and collectively. But I have to do the intellectual work of sifting through the many ideals what the ideologues of the world so love to throw around these days as if they were absolute truths. When there is no absolute truth for we humans. There is only the relative truthfulness of things.

Things are objects. There may be accepted truth in the words used to describe things. We may eve agree on words to describe people as carrying some truth.
But the truth is, people are not knowable to the extent of being pinned down by truth. We are evolving entities. Our search for truth is ongoing. But Truth, that Truth which underpins our reality, rests in the Mind of God.
There are observable truths and there are also simply knowable truths.
For instance, If I were to pass you on the street, I would not recognize you from any other bag of stardust. Yet, because of our interactions on TOL I know that I like you.

PureX

Things are objects. There may be accepted truth in the words used to describe things. We may eve agree on words to describe people as carrying some truth.
But the truth is, people are not knowable to the extent of being pinned down by truth. We are evolving entities. Our search for truth is ongoing. But Truth, that Truth which underpins our reality, rests in the Mind of God.
There are observable truths and there are also simply knowable truths.
For instance, If I were to pass you on the street, I would not recognize you from any other bag of stardust. Yet, because of our interactions on TOL I know that I like you.
I agree with all of this. But it's a bit off the point.

There is such a thing as cumulative wisdom. Wisdom that humankind accumulates over many generations. But even that has to be reassessed by each new generation, upon contact, to determine that it is still relevant, and still wise, relative to it's own time, place, and understanding. And this is as it should be. So that each of us can know WHY such is wise. And how to apply it for ourselves, in our own circumstances.

When we make a false idol of the Bible, by pretending that God is speaking every word in it, to us, today, and that every word in it is therefor applicable to us, today, and is therefor absolutely unchallengeable, we circumvent our own discovery of truth and wisdom. And worse then that, we dismiss our own discovery of truth and wisdom as being the sin of doubt. Which is clearly a recipe for insanity and disaster. And history shows this to be so.

We humans NEED to discover the truth of things, for ourselves. And we need to understand why something is 'wise' so that we can apply that wisdom to the specific conditions of our own time and place. We cannot allow wisdom to becomes absolute and sacrosanct. To do so only makes it useless to us, and blinds us to our own truth and wisdom.