"Supreme Law Of The Land" - time for a change?

shagster01

Article 6, clause 2 of the US Constitution:

thanks a lot Hamilton and Madison, but you're long dead and your wonderful idea just doesn't work that well 200 years later when applied by judges who have turned their backs on God and spit on His Word.

The states should make their own constitution. The feds should deal with military.

genuineoriginal

your reading comprehension skills continue to amaze
According to this, the rights that are retained by the people which do not come from the constitution.
_____
Amendment IX
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
_____​

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
This is something that needs to happen & currently 34 states have signed the petition to assemble a Convention of States. You can hold out and wait for the magic act to change, I am onboard with invoking change through the avenue supplied by the founders to fix it.

again, we're relying on a document that was created in the dim past

time for an update!

TracerBullet

According to this, the rights that are retained by the people which do not come from the constitution.
_____
Amendment IX
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
_____​

and...again...equal protection is enumerated in the constiution

drbrumley

Here's a question for Rocketman who seems to know quite a bit about this movement promoting another Constitutional Convention:

What's to stop liberals from controlling the convention and amongst other things rewriting the 2nd Amendment to meet their evil agenda?

If I may, kinda like the overthrow of the Articles of Confederation?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Here's a question for Rocketman who seems to know quite a bit about this movement promoting another Constitutional Convention:

What's to stop liberals from controlling the convention and amongst other things rewriting the 2nd Amendment to meet their evil agenda?

If I may, kinda like the overthrow of the Articles of Confederation?

I'm not seeing any similarities, but go ahead and make your case.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
You really want Lawrence v Texas to be overruled ? This means the government and the police would literally be free to pry into the bedrooms of every and any American .
And you also claim to want "smaller government " and "limited government ? Sheesh ! And you also claim to want "liberty " in America ? You shouldn't be living in America - you should move to Iran or Saudi Arabia !
You want the government to tell us all what we may or may not do in private .

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Two gay adults having consensual sex in private is NOTHING like molesting children ! This is a ludicrous and grossly unfair comparison .
Why do you anti-gay Christians always do this ?
Molesting children is a CRIME - a blatant violation of a child's innocence. But consenting sex by adults in private does not hurt anyone else !

genuineoriginal

You really want Lawrence v Texas to be overruled ?
Yes, it was a clear example of the Federal courts exceeding their authority and overruling the laws of a State concerning the activities that are done within State boundaries.

The State government has always had the power to establish what actions are deemed to be illegal within its boundaries, whether it is smoking marijuana in private or committing sodomy in private.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Two gay adults having consensual sex in private is NOTHING like molesting children ! This is a ludicrous and grossly unfair comparison .
Why do you anti-gay Christians always do this ?
Molesting children is a CRIME - a blatant violation of a child's innocence. But consenting sex by adults in private does not hurt anyone else !

your emotional outburst doesn't really address my point, does it?

you posted:

my response:
can you molest children in private?

i'll expand on it since what seemed obvious to me flew right over your head

you posted "You want the government to tell us all what we may or may not do in private"

the government already does tell us all what we may not do in private

that's what laws are for

if you still struggle with the point i'm making, i'll flesh it out further

feel free to signal your request with another emotional outburst :thumb:

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Homosexual sex is NOT a crime, or at least it should never be CONSIDERED one . If you want the government in everyone's bedroom, move to Iran or Saudi Arabia .
No government has the right to persecute anyone for consensual conduct in private - PERIOD !!! If you think Lawrence v Texas was wrongly decided and the government SHOULD be free to persecute consenting adults for what they do in private, you have absolutely NO RIGHT to claim to want "liberty " in America .