"Supreme Law Of The Land" - time for a change?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Article 6, clause 2 of the US Constitution:

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the constitution or laws of any state to the contrary notwithstanding.

thanks a lot Hamilton and Madison, but you're long dead and your wonderful idea just doesn't work that well 200 years later when applied by judges who have turned their backs on God and spit on His Word.

Last edited:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Time for a new constitutional convention?

It is being entertained & has been gaining quite a bit of steam thanks to Constitutional scholars such as Mark Levin who wrote about it in his book "The Liberty Amendments: Restoring the American Republic", 34 states have now called for it which is 2/3rds required. We will see where it goes.

http://www.newsmax.com/US/constitutional-convention-Boehner-balanced-budget/2014/04/11/id/565155/

http://www.conventionofstates.com

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Article 6, clause 2 of the US Constitution:

thanks a lot Hamilton and Madison, but you're long dead and your wonderful idea just doesn't work that well 200 years later when applied by judges who have turned their backs on God and spit of His Word.

It's a wonderful document and isn't in need of change. How about reining in on judicial activist Judges that misinterpret it?

Of course that would mean that Christians would need to become politically active...

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
there's no provisions for doing that other than impeachment

And?

"However, just the threat of impeachment can produce positive results if it causes judges to reevaluate their actions"
http://www.netarrantteaparty.com/2010/08/activist-judges-how-to-get-rid-of-them/

I'd pointed out in another thread that there are also ways to override their leftwing activist rulings.

Congress Has the Power to Overturn Roe v. Wade
http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...congress-has-the-power-to-overturn-roe-v-wade

And thus overrule Lawrence v Texas, Obergefell v Hodges, etc.

But again, we can't expect Christians to become politically active now can we now?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
It's a wonderful document and isn't in need of change. How about reining in on judicial activist Judges that misinterpret it?

Wonderful document?... yes

Not in need of an overhaul?...no, I disagree with you, it needs modifications.

1) Balanced Budget Amendment (spending limitations are a must The feds need to be on a diet)
2) Term Limits on all elected offices (too many lifelong politicians, no federal pensions or healthcare for state elected senators or representatives they work for the people of the state, not the federal government.)
3) State sovereignty (Give more power back to the States, limit Federal powers & judicial overreach)
4) Limits on regulatory power on the citizenry (government overreach trumping individual freedom)
5) Special interests (their voice & money to be limited or abolished from the political system, they have poisoned it.)

Of course that would mean that Christians would need to become politically active...

The system is broken in spite of the activity of any group, Christian or not. The founders never perceived of the overreach of this federal monster we are seeing know & it needs to be addressed for the good of everyone.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Wonderful document?... yes

Not in need of an overhaul?...no, I disagree with you, it needs modifications.

1) Balanced Budget Amendment (spending limitations are a must The feds need to be on a diet)
2) Term Limits on all elected offices (too many lifelong politicians, no federal pensions or healthcare for state elected senators or representatives they work for the people of the state, not the federal government.)
3) State sovereignty (Give more power back to the States, limit Federal powers & judicial overreach)
4) Limits on regulatory power on the citizenry (government overreach trumping individual freedom)
5) Special interests (their voice & money to be limited or abolished from the political system, they have poisoned it.)

Yet all of these things can be achieved by electing God-fearing public officials who have profound knowledge of our founding documents and their original intent. (all but #2).

#2: Why get rid of a public official if they're doing a fantastic job? (If it aint broke, don't fix it).

The system is broken in spite of the activity of any group, Christian or not.

It was allowed to break because good people stood by and did nothing while evil took control of our laws and culture.

The founders never perceived of the overreach of this federal monster we are seeing know & it needs to be addressed for the good of everyone.

Our Founding Fathers knew that it would be difficult to keep our constitutional republic where our basic rights come from God if it's citizenry wasn't vigilant.

"What kind of government have you given us Mr. Franklin?"

"A republic, if you can keep it."

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

Now if you want to allow baby murdering-sodomite loving secular humanists to have a say in our country's laws...

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Yet all of these things can be achieved by electing God-fearing public officials who have profound knowledge of our founding documents and their original intent. (all but #2).

Good luck with that...this is a secular government in a secular nation, it is not a theocracy nor did the founders try to create one...heck they had just left religious tyranny behind with The Church of England. You can hold out and wait for that pipe dream of theocracy to come true, I believe it is time for the people to take control of this out of control government by a Convention of States as outlined in Article V of the constitution.

http://www.conventionofstates.com

#2: Why get rid of a public official if they're doing a fantastic job? (If it aint broke, don't fix it).

I disagree, it is that very premise that has given us the broken government full of lifelong political hacks. Term limits on all political offices is the remedy regardless of their performance.

It was allowed to break because good people stood by and did nothing while evil took control of our laws and culture.

There has always been evil, there is nothing new here...

Our Founding Fathers knew that it would be difficult to keep our constitutional republic where our basic rights come from God if it's citizenry wasn't vigilant.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

Now if you want to allow baby murdering-sodomite loving secular humanists to have a say in our country's laws...

And that is why these same founders made provision in Article V for the "Good People" of the states to be able to reign in an out of control tyrannical central government. Do you really think that the founders did not know that this government could, & would, someday get out of control? It was for this very reason that the states would be able to take back control again. This is something that needs to happen & currently 34 states have signed the petition to assemble a Convention of States. You can hold out and wait for the magic act to change, I am onboard with invoking change through the avenue supplied by the founders to fix it.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
there's no provisions for doing that other than impeachment
We should impeach them then. We have a government right now that is walking all over the majority to protect the 'rights' of a minority, giving them a special protected status.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Good luck with that...this is a secular government in a secular nation, it is not a theocracy nor did the founders try to create one...heck they had just left religious tyranny behind with The Church of England. You can hold out and wait for that pipe dream of theocracy to come true, I believe it is time for the people to take control of this out of control government by a Convention of States as outlined in Article V of the constitution.

I wasn't aware that electing people who believe in God lead to a theocracy. Were we a theocracy when we started this nation? (the vast majority of those who signed the Constitution were ordained Christian ministers). Electing people who believe in God and legislate moral laws hardly makes a nation a theocracy where you're forced to go to a State run church each Sunday and not allowed any freedom of religion. We weren't a theocracy when this nation was founded we certainly won't be one when people of faith and those who believe in decency elect God-fearing public officials.

Quote:

I disagree, it is that very premise that has given us the broken government full of lifelong political hacks. Term limits on all political offices is the remedy regardless of their performance.

It all goes back to where good people (who are politically inactive) allow evil to rule.

Quote:

There has always been evil, there is nothing new here...

Yet you seem to think that evil will sit back passively when this new constitution of yours is written?

Quote:

And that is why these same founders made provision in Article V for the "Good People" of the states to be able to reign in an out of control tyrannical central government.
Do you really think that the founders did not know that this government could, & would, someday get out of control? It was for this very reason that the states would be able to take back control again.This is something that needs to happen & currently 34 states have signed the petition to assemble a Convention of States.

You just acknowledged that it's written in the Constitution, elect politicians that will enforce it.

You can hold out and wait for the magic act to change, I am onboard with invoking change through the avenue supplied by the founders to fix it.

Various organizations have been fighting Constitutional Conventions for decades, one of them being The John Birch Society. If you're interested in becoming informed about the horror of a "con-con", here's plenty of information.

http://www.jbs.org/issues-pages/no-con-con

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...s-warning-beware-the-conference-of-the-states

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/item/17567-con-con-call

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I wasn't aware that electing people who believe in God lead to a theocracy. Were we a theocracy when we started this nation? (the vast majority of those who signed the Constitution were ordained Christian ministers).

Then why did they not create a Christian theocracy? why did they even bother to address religious freedom? even the freedom to not believe at all?

Electing people who believe in God and legislate moral laws hardly makes a nation a theocracy where you're forced to go to a State run church each Sunday and not allowed any freedom of religion. We weren't a theocracy when this nation was founded we certainly won't be one when people of faith and those who believe in decency elect God-fearing public officials.

Whether it has escaped you or not, being a Christian puts you in a minority so, you can vote for who you wish but, that doesn't necessarily translate for a win on election day.

It all goes back to where good people (who are politically inactive) allow evil to rule.

No, it goes back to the heart of man being completely corrupt...who can know it? Many of these men go to Washington with good intentions but, because they are allowed to stay they become corrupt. Term Limits will change that paradigm.

BTW, how is all reliance on the "Good People" picking good leaders,and making just laws working for ya...:nono:

Yet you seem to think that evil will sit back passively when this new constitution of yours is written?

Nobody is positing that the constitution be trashed, however the states are asserting that changes be made to reign in an out of control central government...changes that no sitting president or congress will impose on themselves. It will put the power back in the hands of the people in these states instead of money & special interests.

You just acknowledged that it's written in the Constitution, elect politicians that will enforce it.

No, that is not what I have said at all. I said that the founders knew that this central government would get out of control & they gave the power to the states in this constitution to change it outside of the President or Congress.

Various organizations have been fighting Constitutional Conventions for decades, one of them being The John Birch Society. If you're interested in becoming informed about the horror of a "con-con", here's plenty of information.

I am not talking about a constitutional convention called for by the Congress I am on board for a Convention of States as outlined in Article V of the constitution.

The Congress, whenever two thirds of both houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose amendments to this Constitution, or, on the application of the legislatures of two thirds of the several states, shall call a convention for proposing amendments, which, in either case, shall be valid to all intents and purposes, as part of this Constitution, when ratified by the legislatures of three fourths of the several states, or by conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other mode of ratification may be proposed by the Congress; provided that no amendment which may be made prior to the year one thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any manner affect the first and fourth clauses in the ninth section of the first article; and that no state, without its consent, shall be deprived of its equal suffrage in the Senate.

- Article V, U.S. Constitution

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
I wasn't aware that electing people who believe in God lead to a theocracy. Were we a theocracy when we started this nation? (the vast majority of those who signed the Constitution were ordained Christian ministers).

Then why did they not create a Christian theocracy?

Because they knew that people can't be forced to accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

why did they even bother to address religious freedom? even the freedom to not believe at all?

The Founding Fathers knew that the Christian religion is superior to all and that a country that has Judeo-Christian laws and culture would be superior as well.

Quote:
Electing people who believe in God and legislate moral laws hardly makes a nation a theocracy where you're forced to go to a State run church each Sunday and not allowed any freedom of religion. We weren't a theocracy when this nation was founded we certainly won't be one when people of faith and those who believe in decency elect God-fearing public officials.

Whether it has escaped you or not, being a Christian puts you in a minority so, you can vote for who you wish but, that doesn't necessarily translate for a win on election day.

I'm told that the vast majority of people in the US call themselves Christian. If they truly are, then they would vote men and women into public office who promote Judeo-Christian values.

Quote:

No, it goes back to the heart of man being completely corrupt...who can know it? Many of these men go to Washington with good intentions but, because they are allowed to stay they become corrupt. Term Limits will change that paradigm.

Who allows them to stay? (apathetic voters).

BTW, how is all reliance on the "Good People" picking good leaders,and making just laws working for ya...

58 million dead babies in 43 years, homosexuals running government and redefining institutions; needless to say, not good at all.

If we could only get those "Evan-jellyfish" Christians to get politically active.

Quote:

Nobody is positing that the constitution be trashed, however the states are asserting that changes be made to reign in an out of control central government...changes that no sitting president or congress will impose on themselves. It will put the power back in the hands of the people in these states instead of money & special interests.

Again, it's already on paper, we just need to elect people who understand it and will legislate accordingly.

Quote:

No, that is not what I have said at all. I said that the founders knew that this central government would get out of control & they gave the power to the states in this constitution to change it outside of the President or Congress.

See my above statement.

Quote:

I am not talking about a constitutional convention called for by the Congress I am on board for a Convention of States as outlined in Article V of the constitution.

Forgive me, one of the articles that you linked in your first post threw me off:

34 States Call for Constitutional Convention — and Possible Rewrite

http://www.newsmax.com/US/constitut...ed-budget/2014/04/11/id/565155/#ixzz3kuZ9ZSsD

It's a con-con. Educate yourself.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Forgive me, one of the articles that you linked in your first post threw me off:

34 States Call for Constitutional Convention — and Possible Rewrite

http://www.newsmax.com/US/constitut...ed-budget/2014/04/11/id/565155/#ixzz3kuZ9ZSsD

It's a con-con. Educate yourself.

Oh, I forgot you are a self educated know it all on this subject...get a grip dude, you don't know what the heck your talking about, still holding on that a bunch of corrupt politicians will some how grow spiritual and fix a broken central government which they are complicit in corrupting...you are a true believer I'll give you that. I'll throw my support and voice for the one thing that can change it and it won't be anyone in Washington D.C., it will be the "Good People" (as you say) of the states taking their power from them...lawfully... and it is far more plausible than the expectation that D.C. politics will change without outside intervention.