Suggestions for the TOL Topic of the Day

Nydhogg

It was a toss up between annoying Paul and annoying Muhammad.

Monotheism wouldn't have caught worldwide popularity without Paul. No Epistles would mean no Christianity. No Christianity, in all likelihood, would mean no Islam (christianity was an influence on muslim thought). So I guess Paul would be a twofer.

Random

Not sure if this one has been done, but how about what is your favorite/least favorite book in the Bible?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Fly on wall]
Can't wait for that one. :jump:

Answers to tough questions. :think: I think the answer is...

E.g. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? The chicken because God created chickens on day six (Ge 1:24-25).

If a tree falls in the forest and no one was there was there sound? No, sound is in the mind.

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Do fish understand? Do they experience pain? Do they have souls?

"I'm not gonna debate with you, Jerry! I'm not gonna debate!" ~ Carl Showalter, Fargo

Last edited:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Deep thoughts.

I believe, as do you, that God created the chicken first along with the rooster.

Chicken meets rooster. Time goes by. Out pops an egg. :stuck:

1. Chicken covers rooster [male] and hen [female].
  2. Not all eggs are produced this way. Most come out without a baby chick, because there has been no meeting of rooster and hen.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

1. Chicken covers rooster [male] and hen [female].
  2. Not all eggs are produced this way. Most come out without a baby chick, because there has been no meeting of rooster and hen.

Chickens in the niiiiiiight, exchanging glances.

Buzzword

I'd like a thread on spiritual truths experienced in or extracted from various forms of non-biblical (as in "not the Bible" not "against the Bible") literature.

Novels, comic books, nonfiction books, television, film, theatre, etc.

Been reading Molière's Tartuffe for a Literature class, and there are many lessons to be learned from its satire of religious hypocrisy.