ECT Studying how the NT uses the OT

SaulToPaul 2

:thumb:

Dispensationalists/Futurists constantly take OT prophecies and apply them to the yet future. Nothing could be further from the truth, as Christ Jesus has fulfilled the Law and Prophets.

Is any of this in the prophets?

Revelation 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Revelation 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

Revelation 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

heir

TOL Subscriber
And you went to school for yours; where you were indoctrinated in your particular approach - as to what to look at and how.
Yep! The local cemeteries, I mean seminaries, are nothing more than religious, denominational, stinking think tanks. Anything, but taking God at His word(s). It's philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yep! The local cemeteries, I mean seminaries, are nothing more than religious, denominational, stinking think tanks. Anything, but taking God at His word(s). It's philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Darby > Scofield > Chafer > Dallas Theological Seminary > heir

That's the family tree of what you parrot on TOL.

It is you who follows the traditions of men.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Darby > Scofield > Chafer > Dallas Theological Seminary > heir

That's the family tree of what you parrot on TOL.
The "family tree" of the Body of Christ began with Paul (Ephesians 1:12 KJV, 1 Timothy 1:16 KJV. I am a fellowheir and of the same Body and partaker of God's promise in Christ by the gospel (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV, Ephesians 3:6 KJV).

It is you who follows the traditions of men.
I follow Paul 1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV. Who do you follow?

Dialogos

...Said Heir, painting with a ridiculously broad brush.

:rolleyes:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The family tree of the Body of Christ began with Paul

Nope!

(Rom 16:7 KJV) Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellowprisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.

If you didn't follow the traditions of men, you would believe what the Apostle Paul said above.

I am a fellowheir and of the same Body and partaker of God's promise in Christ by the gospel (Ephesians 3:6 KJV).

That's good, so am I. However, because you are a man follower, you are wrong on who you are a fellow heir with.

I follow Paul 1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV. Who do you follow?

I am a follower of The Lord Jesus Christ.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
...Said Heir, painting with a ridiculously broad brush.

:rolleyes:

heir is a King James Onlyist and a Hyper-Dispensationalist.

It's a really bad combination. In her little warped world, she believes only KJVO's and Hyper-Dispies know the real "truth".

heir

TOL Subscriber
Nope!

(Rom 16:7 KJV) Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellowprisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.
In Christ is not synonymous with in the Body of Christ. Paul was the first and a pattern.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In Christ is not synonymous with in the Body of Christ.

Yes they are.

Which is why Christ Jesus asked Saul/Paul "why are you persecuting me".

(Acts 9:4 KJV) And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

Those in the BOC were not only persecuted before Paul, it was Paul who was doing the persecuting.

Which is why Christ Jesus said "why persecutest thou me"?

Saul/Paul wasn't literally persecuting Jesus, he was persecuting believers in Christ Jesus.

Give up Darby and the men you follow, and believe what the Bible says.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So Andronicus and Junia were or were not part of the one body in Christ that Romans 12:4-5 speaks of?

The Romans cause really serious problems for heirs "two programs" theory.

She has the Romans not part of the BOC before Paul writes to them, but then afterwards has them in the BOC.

She can't have the Romans in her "kingdom program" either, because that deflates the part of her theory that kingdom believers didn't convert to "body" believers.

So, she has to have the Romans in some kind of limbo and not in either of her two "programs" until they get placed in her "body" program.

She makes these ridiculous claims despite the Apostle Paul saying the following:

(Rom 1:7 KJV) To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

heir's Hyper-Dispensationalism is a mess.

glorydaz

Revelation 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Revelation 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

Revelation 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

:popcorn:

Danoh

Interplanner,
I don't know why anyone would say the saints reign began in 70 AD when the reign of Christ began on the day of the resurrection, eph 1. there is no reign outside of him; we reign in his and through his.

If your talking to me, I didn't say that.

This is why I am totally frustrated with the false prophecy teachers, they go to the book of Revelation to translate (falsely) the scriptures that are visions when there are scriptures that are very clear.

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
The books that were opened are the books of the old testament. How do I know?. It says the dead were judged according to their works. What people do we know that placed their trust in works? The Jews that did the works of Law. So the dead were the Jews that had died prior to 70 AD.

Jesus had also told his disciples that they would judge the 12 tribes of Israel.

Mat 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

The end that came was the end of the age of Law. The church age will never end.
Eph 3:21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

If you don't understand Revelation, don't make any comments about what it means to you.

What characters you three are - you have all been rendered such incompetents by your books supposedly based on Scripture blindness that you can't even make out who said what to whom even within your own corruption based little trio.

The incompetent Interplanner was referring to your fellow incompetent's post #12.

In his arrogance, he has this notion that people should just go back as far as they have to; track down the post he is referring to because he is just catching up - what a self-centered moron.

He will do that whether the thread is three pages or hundreds.

Shows how he studies - sloppiness his creed.

And you're one to talk against Dispy's who unfortunately still hold to some signs and wonders, and so on - as if none of us are Cessasionist.

For, according to a thread you yourself began elsewhere on testimonies; God supposedly revealed Himself to you in visions.

Here is another by you - post #628:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108932&page=42

Might want to change your name to "I am a Berean Like Margaret MacDonald," lol

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
:thumb:

Dispensationalists/Futurists constantly take OT prophecies and apply them to the yet future. Nothing could be further from the truth, as Christ Jesus has fulfilled the Law and Prophets.

:popcorn: