Study: Homophobes Might Be Hidden Homosexuals

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
right, you could easily have supported it if you had wanted to :chuckle:
I did support it, which you'd know if you had the capacity to read with that much blood in your eye. :) Capacity, which you need to give consent, requires that you understand the nature and consequence of your agreement/actions relating. We bar certain decisions at law because it's been demonstrated that children don't meet the standard. And where we once thought it a matter of experience, we now understand that want is further accentuated by a biological component.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I did support it

not persuasively :idunno:

Capacity, which you need to give consent, requires that you understand the nature and consequence of your agreement/actions relating.

and where is the support for your implied contention that a sixteen year old, for example, cannot understand the nature and consequence of their agreement/actions relating?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
This is just proof that there are forces working hard to destroy the "informed consent" and "age of consent" barriers you think protect against pedophilia.

don't worry go, town's got it covered:

automotivator_remain-calm-1380645949.jpg

genuineoriginal

That all smells very similar to bovine scatterings if you ask me.
The whole idea of a fixed "sexual orientation" is source of the bovine scatterings you are smelling.

Some people may interpret their own innate sexuality but I still don't see anyone actually choosing it. :nono:
Maybe you are looking at "choosing" in the wrong way?
Do you ever choose what you are going to eat or who you are going to have sex with? (If you are human, the answer is probably yes).

Are you assuming that your sexual preference is similar to your food preference, in that you never consciously chose what your food preference is? (Again, the answer is probably yes).

Are you assuming that your sexual preference is fixed from birth, but that your food preference changes over your lifetime? (From your participation in this thread, I assume you will answer yes).

I submit that a person's sexual preference (falsely called a sexual orientation) is something that changes over the course of a person's lifetime in much the same manner that a person's food preference changes over the course of a person's lifetime.

In Australia, a common snack is the Vegemite sandwich. The preference for a Vegemite sandwich is not a genetic preference, but a cultural one.
The Australian did not choose to have a food preference for a Vegemite sandwich, nor did the non-Australian choose to have a food aversion to a Vegemite sandwich.
It is extremely rare for a non-Australian to acquire a food preference for a Vegemite sandwich, and they never know if they have a food preference or a food aversion to it if they never try one.

Many Asians have a food aversion to cheese. This is so pronounced in some Asians that they will order pizza without cheese. There appears to be both a cultural and a biological non-genetic reason for this food aversion. Cheese is not a food staple in Asian foods, creating a cultural aversion. Because cheese is not a food staple, many Asians are lactose intolerant, creating a biological non-genetic aversion. Asians brought up in a society where cheese is a food staple end up eating cheese as children and never get the cultural aversion or the biological non-genetic aversion to cheese.

Torah observant Jews have an food aversion to pork. This is a cultural aversion that can be overcome by choice. There are many Jews that have chosen to eat pork, usually bacon, and have discovered that they like it, creating a food preference for pork to replace the cultural food aversion to pork.

Find me someone historically heterosexual say from perhaps having an involuntary "strange" reaction to seeing naked pictures of the opposite sex, as an adolescent, who could now choose not to have a similarly inspired reaction and then somehow magically now gets that very same reaction to the same sex.
It simply doesn't happen!:plain:
I see you are starting the person's sexual preferences at adolescence instead of at birth.
That is good, since nobody is born heterosexual or homosexual at birth, but develop their sexual preferences according to the society they grow up in, much like the Australian and the Vegemite sandwich.

With sexual preferences, the key factors appear to be whether a person believes that they could experience sexual pleasure from a particular sex act or from a particular set of physical characteristics.

People who learn that they can experience sexual pleasure from pain or humiliation (shades of gray) are not able to unlearn this, so they will always display a sexual preference for sex acts that other people have an aversion to, whether it is a minor sexual preference or a major one.

In the same way, people that learn that they can experience sexual pleasure from same gender sex will never be able to unlearn this.

All mammals have a biological sexual preference for opposite gender sex (heterosexuality). Mammals that develop an aversion towards opposite gender sex are biologically dysfunctional (this is seen mostly in human homosexuals).

Many mammals have the ability to experience sexual pleasure from something other than opposite gender sex acts (you may have seen this from monkeys in the zoo or a dog on a person's leg), but their main sexual preference is for opposite gender sex instead. This is a normal and natural ability, but should never be mistaken for a sexual preference (orientation) the way we are currently doing.

Humans are able to learn that they can experience sexual pleasure from many different things other than opposite gender sex, but since they are not able to unlearn one after experiencing it, there is no way to "cure" someone from having an aberrant sexual preference that has been learned. A homosexual can never unlearn that he can experience sexual pleasure from same gender sex, a pedophile can never unlearn that he can experience sexual pleasure from sex with minors, etc.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
not persuasively :idunno:
We agree that you don't know.

and where is the support for your implied contention that a sixteen year old, for example, cannot understand the nature and consequence of their agreement/actions relating?
I haven't implied anything. I've spoken to the law as it applies to children, both in terms of the standard, the elevation of the standard over time and in opposition to the larger legal course relating to the expression of human sexuality and the legally permissible for adults, and I've noted that in relatively recent times we've understood that biology plays a role as well, that kids are (into their early twenties, to some degree) doing math with a bad calculator, using impaired judgment on both counts noted.

No one would suggest that an 18 year old is as impaired as a twelve year old, but even a twenty year old isn't free from the problem. As a matter of law and practical necessity the bar has been set, in modern times, at the point where we recognize children will be taking responsibility for many important life decisions by necessity, but even then they're not well equipped for it and the mistakes they make at that age are legion and documented. The most obvious example involves the divorce rate for that group, which is comparatively staggering.

Unsurprisingly, around the mid twenties, when people reach the age where they're thinking is occurring where it should and they've had a decent amount of life experience, those rates are cut in half.

genuineoriginal

The idea is that some homophobes are repressed homosexuals who are trying to fit in with straight homophobes.
There is some truth in that, but it is hidden is such large lies that the truth is difficult to find.

It seems reasonable imo to suspect that the most outspoken homophobic bigoted nutters may well be demonstrating to others just how not gay they are, but it also gives them a rather too convenient excuse perhaps to wallow in homoerotic material that other homophobes genuinely have disgust or no interest in nor would they want to search it out, obsessively.
It is more reasonable to assume that these people have learned that they can experience sexual pleasure from same gender sex, usually from being molested as children, sometimes from merely being susceptible to the suggestions about same gender sex, and are fighting against this knowledge, and the desires it brings, as hard as they can.

Your insistence that they are closet homosexuals is not helping their fight.

genuineoriginal

That's an empty statement. You can ask a two year old if he will drive your car and he may say yes, have the ability to say yes and roughly understand what he is saying yes to. But he lacks the capacity to give informed consent and the judgement to make that decision.

So, again, no one is saying children lack any judgement or all capacity, or that they can't and won't make any number of decisions. What we recognize is that their judgment is biologically and experientially impaired and so we won't allow them to make serious, life altering decisions, like those regarding sex, the use of dangerous implements, or encumbering themselves with serious debt.

That is why parents are able to give consent for their children, right?
Otherwise we would have no child actors in Hollywood.
i'd leave it up to the parents, as they are best able to judge their children's readiness for marriage
That too.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That is why parents are able to give consent for their children, right?
The hope is that adults with legal authority and responsibility will exercise it intelligently and with consideration.

Otherwise we would have no child actors in Hollywood.
So you're arguing against? :) I wish we had laws that precluded that possibility, given how infrequently that appears to work out well for the children involved. Or maybe it does and it's only that we see the train wrecks and not the rule.

I wonder if there's been a study on it. :think:

Quetzal

So you're arguing against? :) I wish we had laws that precluded that possibility, given how infrequently that appears to work out well for the children involved. Or maybe it does and it's only that we see the train wrecks and not the rule.

I wonder if there's been a study on it. :think:
Well, you have the Macaulay Culkin train wrecks and the Daniel Radcliffe successes. I think it goes both ways.

genuineoriginal

The hope is that adults with legal authority and responsibility will exercise it intelligently and with consideration.
Since my beliefs are the Biblical ones that sex should only be done in a marriage and between a husband and his wife, I see no problem with allowing the parents to give consent for their children to get married.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Well, you have the Macaulay Culkin train wrecks and the Daniel Radcliffe successes. I think it goes both ways.
Makes me wonder. I'm going to see what I can dig up.

i don't know why you, who claim to be educated in a field
I not only claim it, I put a permanent ban challenge to you against production of credentials the last time you beat that goofy drum. You ran like Jesse Owens at the starting gun. But then, extrapolating from your larger collection of posts here, you mostly excel at showing your backside.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Since my beliefs are the Biblical ones that sex should only be done in a marriage and between a husband and his wife, I see no problem with allowing the parents to give consent for their children to get married.
Where I'd say that parents who do so, at this point in time, are evidencing worrisome judgement on the whole, though I understand the historical limitations and necessity in some cases, along with the exceptional among children nearing their legal adulthood...as a rule those children shouldn't marry.

Or, as the National Center for Health Statistics has it: "60 percent of marriages for couples between the ages of 20 and 25 end in divorce."

It's worse if you factor in those under twenty.

genuineoriginal

as the National Center for Health Statistics has it: "60 percent of marriages for couples between the ages of 20 and 25 end in divorce."

It's worse if you factor in those under twenty.

How many of those were marriages arranged by the parents instead of the couple that got divorced?
It may be an indication that the couple themselves mad poor choices that would not have been made by the parents.

How many of those marriages were supported by a society that does not permit no-fault divorce?
It may be an indication that our society supports divorce so much that it is causing the marriages to fail.

And then there is this utter failure that comes from the idea that sexual orientation is fixed from birth:

Proud parents from San Diego have shared their story of having a transgender son who became a boy aged just 5-years-old.

zoo22

Wow, folks sure do manage to change the subject around here.

And look, it's TH and his special buddy rolling around together over TOL again! I can't figure out if their obsession is with one other or with themselves. We ought to have some sort of TOL pool, "how long can a thread last at TOL before TH and his infatuation crash through it like a couple of teenagers tickling one another."