Study: Homophobes Might Be Hidden Homosexuals

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
There's nothing "narcissistic" about it. I take no pride in being heterosexual, why would I?

So, explain why gay pride isn't narcissistic and that, while it's abnormal for a heterosexual to take pride in there sexual orientation, it's acceptable for homosexuals to exalt 'gay pride' everywhere they go.

This is in part a reason why conservative heterosexuals are peeved. The double standard.

Arthur Brain

So, explain why gay pride isn't narcissistic and that, while it's abnormal for a heterosexual to take pride in there sexual orientation, it's acceptable for homosexuals to exalt 'gay pride' everywhere they go.

This is in part a reason why conservative heterosexuals are peeved. The double standard.

Gee dude, it might have something to do with the fact that society forced them to live in the closet and have relations in secret on pain of being lobbed in jail etc. What do you expect oppressed people to do if not celebrate freedom from puritanism? If gay folk had been allowed to live with the same rights as heterosexual counterparts you likely wouldn't even see a gay pride parade...

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Gee dude, it might have something to do with the fact that society forced them to live in the closet and have relations in secret on pain of being lobbed in jail etc. What do you expect oppressed people to do if not celebrate freedom from puritanism? If gay folk had been allowed to live with the same rights as heterosexual counterparts you likely wouldn't even see a gay pride parade...

Gay pride parades are nothing more than sexual hedonism on public streets. It would be unacceptable if heterosexuals did as they do.

There's a reason they don't broadcast them on TV. And yet, it's supposed to be something seen as positive..
The shenanigans are not hard to acknowledge, they are just hard for some people to admit.

alwight

It seems wrong to me to let an extravert minority of gay activists cloud your thinking. Extravert heterosexuals don't live together in straight districts or communities or have straight bars and clubs because there is no imperative or necessity to. "Gay pride" is a reasonable reaction to years of historic conservative Christian rejection and persecution, good for them.

genuineoriginal

Conservapedia? Seriously?

Heck dude, you might as well ask a fridge to tell you the time.

:freak:

Your fridge does not tell time?
Spoiler
img_0488.jpg
img_0489.jpg

genuineoriginal

Fluidity is not flip-flopping.
Why would you think it is?
My statements are that it is a progressive additive change, not a flip-flop.
You can add additional sexual desires to the ones you already have, but never truly get rid of ones you acquire.

A sexual preference does not require that it is learnt.
Humans do not have the instinctual reactions of other mammals, most of our behavior and preferences are learned from our environment, and that includes sexual preference.

Why "paedophiles" has to be used against a context of all homosexuals once again is something I don't as easily want to accept because it is not true and an obvious smear tactic.
It is not a smear tactic.
The similarity between homosexuality and pedophilia is a truth being discovered by modern research.
_____
Many researchers taking a different view of pedophilia

Like many forms of sexual deviance, pedophilia once was thought to stem from psychological influences early in life. Now, many experts view it as a sexual orientation as immutable as heterosexuality or homosexuality. It is a deep-rooted predisposition — limited almost entirely to men — that becomes clear during puberty and does not change.
_____​

Lon

Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves Romans 12:10

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35

even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus Romans 3:22-24

But the one who hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going because the darkness has blinded his eyes. 1 John 2:11

God also says that it is not OK to be a bigot
The context of these verses are those within the Body of Christ.

We do love our enemies also, but see here:
Ephesians 5:2-17 1 Corinthians 5:11 Romans 8:5,12,13

alwight

Fluidity is not flip-flopping.
Why would you think it is?
My statements are that it is a progressive additive change, not a flip-flop.
You can add additional sexual desires to the ones you already have, but never truly get rid of ones you acquire.
You seemed to be saying that the basic sexual preference is changeable, but perhaps we can now agree that if you start off liking females then that is how it will stay, give or take a few age range modifications, but nobody who exclusively goes for female will ever be able to suddenly choose to be attracted to males, it just doesn't happen, right?

A sexual preference does not require that it is learnt.
Humans do not have the instinctual reactions of other mammals, most of our behavior and preferences are learned from our environment, and that includes sexual preference.
I disagree, we do have instinctive reactions, a baby say instinctively grabs hold, the only difference is that we can sometimes override them by choosing to act on them or not, but a young baby hasn't yet the ability to choose not to grasp.
Why on Earth would there be no instinctive desire to have sex? Why would evolution not have produced that desire instead of leaving it to the vagaries, chance and corruption of experience during life?

Why "paedophiles" has to be used against a context of all homosexuals once again is something I don't as easily want to accept because it is not true and an obvious smear tactic.
It is not a smear tactic.
The similarity between homosexuality and pedophilia is a truth being discovered by modern research.
_____
Many researchers taking a different view of pedophilia

Like many forms of sexual deviance, pedophilia once was thought to stem from psychological influences early in life. Now, many experts view it as a sexual orientation as immutable as heterosexuality or homosexuality. It is a deep-rooted predisposition — limited almost entirely to men — that becomes clear during puberty and does not change.
_____
You have nothing in this quote at least other than it is being argued that paedophilia is like a third preference, not that it is exclusively homosexual because clearly that isn't true, did you actually read this?
I can conclude here that sexual preference does generally mean the opposite sex and of a suitable age, but not always, and is as they say in your quote regarding paedophiles (not all homosexuals note) :
"a sexual orientation as immutable as heterosexuality or homosexuality. It is a deep-rooted predisposition — limited almost entirely to men".
How painful is your shot foot btw? :think:
So how again are you not simply smear mongering against all homosexuals?

Last edited:

Quetzal

Yeah, just because you lack the capacity to understand the difference doesn't mean others share in that struggle. Seriously, 1 ounce of empathy would be wonderful out of you.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Wow, folks sure do manage to change the subject around here.

well, many of us have attention defic....

look a dog :dog:

I can't figure out if their obsession is with one other or with themselves.

perhaps a self-examination of your obsession with aCW might give you some insight

"how long can a thread last at TOL before TH and his infatuation crash through it like a couple of teenagers tickling one another."

ok, that's pretty good, even for a weirdo like you :thumb:

Last edited:

ok doser

congratulations!

you've just made the argument for societal acceptance of pedophilia :first:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

It's simple ... they do it to rub their noses in it. I can't imagine why anyone would feel the need to annoy those who hate them and take glee in seeing them unhappy.

ok doser

...maybe some of the folks with an obviously deep-rooted obsession with and outward hatred for homosexuals have something more going on, like maybe they're homosexual themselves.

maybe :idunno:

why does it interest you so much?

quip

BANNED
Banned
It's simple ... they do it to rub their noses in it. I can't imagine why anyone would feel the need to annoy those who hate them and take glee in seeing them unhappy.

A quintessential case of the oppressed making a move against their oppressors. Not too hard to grasp...no? :idunno:

Perhaps, your sympathies lie with the oppressors...all the more reason for the "rub your nose in it" consternation. :think:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A quintessential case of the oppressed making a move against their oppressors. Not too hard to grasp...no? :idunno:

Perhaps, your sympathies lie with the oppressors...all the more reason to "rub your nose in it".

:yawn: As you clearly know, I have no animosity towards homosexuals. I had previously believed that you didn't either.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Apprently, anything but "clearly".

How are you defining "no animosity"?

Are you really this dense ... or just conveniently dishonest?

Feel free to show any post where I have supported physical harm OR imprisonment for homosexuals. I spoke out against Kentucky Kim breaking the law and abuse of power as much as anyone here and have been extremely vocal with my support of gay marriage.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I did get a little confused by this one, though I understand your position in relation and quip is miles from home on it. Did you mean the last part sarcastically, which is how I took it. Or did you mean you can't understand why people would waste time worrying about, in any sense, people who detest them?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I did get a little confused by this one, though I understand your position in relation and quip is miles from home on it. Did you mean the last part sarcastically, which is how I took it. Or did you mean you can't understand why people would waste time worrying about, in any sense, people who detest them?

I meant it sarcastically. Homosexuals, like women, and minorities, are fighting back against abuse and mistreatment.

So yeah, I have no doubt that they do get some satisfaction of knowing that some individuals are just besides themselves that they have the same rights as everyone else.