STEPHEN HAWKING IS A BELIEVER TODAY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuu

I wonder, do you believe the works of Adolf Hitler? Or Napoleon Bonaparte? Or Herod Antipas? Or Einstein?
Sorry, you've lost me there. Is this about people being willing to die in the name of improbable or impossible claims?

Many times we ignore the obvious because it disagrees with what we want.
Yes, I feel that is pointed out to Young Earth Creationists time and again here, and yet they still ignore the obvious facts of the long natural history of earth.

Think again; Christianity doesn't make a man believe anything.
Well yes and no. While you can claim some free will in deciding to follow a particular religion or not, in studies of separated twins there appears a strong genetic component to devout religious observance: twins raised in different households with no knowledge of the other twin will both show the same level of religiosity.

Another aspect of christianity is that once you believe one absurdity, like the impossible claim of a man walking again after execution, you have made a real emotional investment which you are likely to defend, lest you look an idiot. So that makes you believe other crazy things that help to maintain that initial investment in the crazy, like virgin births and people walking on water. It's not just christianity that does this, but christ believe is a striking example.

If this 'nothing' you speak of, could change the lives of half as many men as the life and death and resurrection of Christ has, you would have 'something' to speak of. As it is, you have chosen what to believe and pretend it's science; it's a religion which you have chosen to accept and believe.
So are you saying that religion is an undesirable thing?

Stuart

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You're the one that surmises stuff about folk GM, often erroneously. You've no logical reason to hate me so I'd be surprised if you did. If I were childish I'd indulge in the kind of petty neg rep function but I don't, as you know once again.

:e4e:

You certainly indulge yourself with 'Monumental Braggadocio.' I'm willing to give you that much credit, anyway.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
AB, I could have spent my evening thinking how much I supposedly, hate you, but, I decided to watch three John Wayne classics, instead.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Not every knee and every tongue?

Stuart
Do you know of any tongues apart from mouths? Anyhoo, I may have confused that verse with this one :

Titus 1:9-16 KJV -
[FONT=&quot] Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]12 One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, the Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.[/FONT]

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Stuu, if you're gonna keep posting on this thread, at least, post something that, at least has a minuscule amount of wit involved in it? You're beginning to bore 'Old GM' and that's not a good sign. You see, I'm an avid Insomniac and awaken at all times of the night. When I wake up, the first thing I do is get up, turn on my Laptop and check to see if anyone has said anything of interest. If I can't find any wit, humor or any smidgen of human interest, I'm forced to lay back down and try to get another hours worth of sleep.

Can you even imagine and appreciate how frustrating that can be for a person who suffers from near 'Sleep deprivation?'

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Another problem I have is, I get bored easily and when posters compose lengthy diatribes, essays, short stories, autobiographies, etc, I cannot force myself to read everything these, would be authors try to pawn off on me. Am I making myself perfectly clear?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I don't seem to abide well with posters who REFUSE to stick with the subject of the thread. They have a habit of trying to deviate from the original premise of the 'Opening Post.' This 'tactic' is inexcusable and rather pretentious, on their part. I find it equivalent to a stranger walking in your home and without permission, rearranging your furnishings!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Why do posters take it upon themselves to simply, 'change the subject' in mid-sentence? It seems to me, they didn't get a proper upbringing nor a fully accredited Schooling? Manners and civil behavior are 'Hallmarks' of a mature grouping of individuals. Rudeness, viciousness, inappropriate name calling, and purposeful trolling is, not only unacceptable, it's downright pathetic.

Stuu

Stuu, if you're gonna keep posting on this thread, at least, post something that, at least has a minuscule amount of wit involved in it? You're beginning to bore 'Old GM' and that's not a good sign. You see, I'm an avid Insomniac and awaken at all times of the night. When I wake up, the first thing I do is get up, turn on my Laptop and check to see if anyone has said anything of interest. If I can't find any wit, humor or any smidgen of human interest, I'm forced to lay back down and try to get another hours worth of sleep.
That blue light from your laptop screen can't be helping.

Can you even imagine and appreciate how frustrating that can be for a person who suffers from near 'Sleep deprivation?'
That could explain quite a bit.

Stuart

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Our society is slowly but surely breaking down and becoming a 'Dog Eat Dog' type of scenario. Everybody seems to be 'in it for themselves' and willing to step on other peoples faces in order to get where they're going. Why can't THEY just show a little kindness and empathy once in awhile? Would it hurt them to say something nice to a stranger? Is that asking too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.