STEPHEN HAWKING IS A BELIEVER TODAY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

Your opinion is of no consequence to 'Old GM.' Why you bother, is a deep mystery that could quite possibly overfill one gigantic, Metaphorical Maelstrom.

I see you as a person entrapped by the devil to preach false doctrines, to hinder people from being saved. I see you as a bitter old man who takes pleasure in saying the worst things possible to another to ridicule that person. I think you try to hurt also with the rep section and complain to get people removed and banned.

It is an awful state that you are in; maybe in a worse position than Stuu, IMHO.

Arthur Brain

It's ironic that Atheists get angry about people who offend them and their lack of common sense when it comes to their refusal to believe in a creator. Even though, they don't believe there's anyone to answer to for anything done wrong. In their reality, why should they bother to be kind, moral, decent, or civil? I mean, if there's no creator to answer to, why not live your life as you so desire? They shouldn't be offended if someone treats them bad, instead, they ought to accept the idea that everyone can do as they please and leave it at that, right?

Do you need a threat of punishment or gain of reward to show basic compassion and kindness?

Arthur Brain

In this age of the Internet, I suppose we, at times, lose ourselves in our own anonymity. We forget that the people we're posting back and forth with, are living, breathing human beings with similar frailties, shortcomings, frustrations, anger, animosity, etc. And, on the other side of the proverbial coin, they can be fragile, upset, hurt, and traumatized by what others say to them, in anger.

Probably one of the best posts I've seen from you GM, for whatever that's worth...

:D

Reactions: Lon

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Do you need a threat of punishment or gain of reward to show basic compassion and kindness?

Since you seem to have a conscience (It appears anyway) why does that same 'conscience' exist if in fact, there is no Creator? What is the purpose and ultimate reason for doing good, being compassionate, and showing kindness? If we are just a bag of dust which is here for a brief moment in time, and then, return to the earth in which we came, why would we/should we, have all of those attributes? Where did we get the notion of being kind, gentle, helpful, loving, etc? Where did all that originate from? Instead of dismissing those questions you ought to be contemplating them, however, because of YOUR Atheism, you won't bother to concentrate on meaningful answers, you'll just post some kind of mediocre made-up, off the cuff remark and let it go at that.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I see you as a person entrapped by the devil to preach false doctrines, to hinder people from being saved. I see you as a bitter old man who takes pleasure in saying the worst things possible to another to ridicule that person. I think you try to hurt also with the rep section and complain to get people removed and banned.

It is an awful state that you are in; maybe in a worse position than Stuu, IMHO.

Thanks for your evaluation. I'm certain your 'credentials' are in order, correct?

drbrumley

It's ironic that Atheists get angry about people who offend them and their lack of common sense when it comes to their refusal to believe in a creator. Even though, they don't believe there's anyone to answer to for anything done wrong. In their reality, why should they bother to be kind, moral, decent, or civil? I mean, if there's no creator to answer to, why not live your life as you so desire? They shouldn't be offended if someone treats them bad, instead, they ought to accept the idea that everyone can do as they please and leave it at that, right?

can I use this on FB. That's a great post.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Apostle Paul says in 1 Corinthians 15:32; "If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die."

Even the Apostle Paul testifies of the fact that, if there isn't anything after we leave this world, we might as well carry on as we so desire/wish. That's what I'm trying to get across to the Atheists here? Of what real use are good works/deeds, love, kindness, etc, if there's nothing beyond this fragile life? If there's NOTHING beyond what we see in the mirror, then, why would, doing good or doing bad make any difference, at all? I'm waxing philosophical here.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Without a Creator, and the Bible, there is NO line or border between good and evil. Morality is only a concept of the mind that we really don't have to abide with. If there is no Creator and no Bible to instruct us about morals, kindness, decency, respect, love, etc, etc, why follow ANY rules, laws, concepts, or anything else?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Whether Atheists like it or not, the Ten Commandments are written into our 'Laws of the Land.' No theft, murder, etc. Love, kindness, giving, etc, where did they come from originally? Did they just come around by Osmosis? Perhaps the Atheists here would attest to Osmosis being the the correct answer? After all, that way they don't have to think beyond, that.

blackbirdking

Christianity is one of the biggest cons perpetrated on humanity in our whole history. Vicarious scapegoating with compulsory love on pain of death. Born sick but commanded to be well. It's a totalitarian ideal and an immoral way of thinking, so even if it were true it should still be our ethical obligation to oppose it. Happily the good news of Jesus is that it is all invented.

Just to be clear.

Stuart

You really should study the life of Christ before you attempt to sound as though you understand Christianity.

Anyone who honestly seeks truth will realize that nothing can only produce nothing unless nothing is Something; Christianity is a religion, but so is your 'science'.

blackbirdking

...It is quite astonishing that christianity can make people literally believe that a man walked again after being executed. It's not true of course, but it is fascinating that people have been willing to die for that claim and other claims that are equally improbable or impossible.

Stuart

I wonder, do you believe the works of Adolf Hitler? Or Napoleon Bonaparte? Or Herod Antipas?

Or Einstein?

... the real mystery for Einstein was ...

Einstein's god .....

... There are major problems even knowing what the universe is made of. But everything from nothing is indeed it: ...

Stuart

Many times we ignore the obvious because it disagrees with what we want.

Think again; Christianity doesn't make a man believe anything.

If this 'nothing' you speak of, could change the lives of half as many men as the life and death and resurrection of Christ has, you would have 'something' to speak of. As it is, you have chosen what to believe and pretend it's science; it's a religion which you have chosen to accept and believe.

Arthur Brain

Since you seem to have a conscience (It appears anyway) why does that same 'conscience' exist if in fact, there is no Creator? What is the purpose and ultimate reason for doing good, being compassionate, and showing kindness? If we are just a bag of dust which is here for a brief moment in time, and then, return to the earth in which we came, why would we/should we, have all of those attributes? Where did we get the notion of being kind, gentle, helpful, loving, etc? Where did all that originate from? Instead of dismissing those questions you ought to be contemplating them, however, because of YOUR Atheism, you won't bother to concentrate on meaningful answers, you'll just post some kind of mediocre made-up, off the cuff remark and let it go at that.

I'm not an atheist, as I've repeatedly told you before.

Arthur Brain

Without a Creator, and the Bible, there is NO line or border between good and evil. Morality is only a concept of the mind that we really don't have to abide with. If there is no Creator and no Bible to instruct us about morals, kindness, decency, respect, love, etc, etc, why follow ANY rules, laws, concepts, or anything else?

Is acting like a child reflective of faith? Your neg reps, continually saying "hi" are supposed to do what, exactly? Annoy me? Rile me up to return the same in kind? You already know that doesn't work so what exactly is the point of acting like that?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Is acting like a child reflective of faith? Your neg reps, continually saying "hi" are supposed to do what, exactly? Annoy me? Rile me up to return the same in kind? You already know that doesn't work so what exactly is the point of acting like that?

Personal reasons of which you're not privy to.

Status
Not open for further replies.