ECT Speaking in tongues

andyc

The OP here is about tongues. Are you pathologically unable to talk about the topic at hand, and instead talk about the person who is posting?

If you really want to talk about tongues, my newest thread is on the MAD failure about the gift and age of the Spirit, which truly unpacks why Paul was hopping mad in Gal 3 about how the Spirit works.

The thread has run out of steam ages ago. The mads just use this forum as a social gathering now.

I did a one on one debating tongues with a madist seven years ago.

See here.

andyc

Revitalize the thread. Post audio of your tongues for testing, as all believers are commanded to do.

Where do you get this from?

God can ONLY be glorified by you posting your gift.

Unless.......[

What part of "And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance", do you not understand?

Paul explained that when he prayed his spirit prayed. The spirit requires a language that supersedes a human language. The words are not what God is hearing, it is the expression of the Spirit.

TweetyBird

I've spoken in a new tongue since the day Yahshuah picked me up, cleaned me up, saved me and filled me up with the power of His Spirit. Yet I've never babbled uncontrollably,nor have I fallen out and flopped around like a fish out of water when being prayed for and having had hands laid on me. The only place I see this "slain in the Spirit" stuff is the night Jesus is arrested where He answers the question of who He is. By the power of His word they all were slain. The modern day "tongues" may be the move of some spirit, but I wouldn't attribute it to the Holy Spirit. It doesn't line up with Scripture.

Are you the only one who speaks in "real tongues" and everyone is of "some spirit" other than yourself?

Why would unbelievers, aka the Roman soldiers, be "slain in the spirit"? :confused:

ps: why do you use "yahshuah"? It's neither Hebrew nor is it an Hebraic Name.

TweetyBird

The language of the redeemed. Praising my Saviour all the day long. Words that honor Him instead of those with the intent of pumping me up. It is the language of love for God's people everywhere. It is miraculous and I'm grateful for it.

What is the "language of the redeemed" and the "language of love"?

andyc

A little side note here, the madists are assuming that there are only human languages with the gift of tongues. As I pointed out in my one on one, there are also angelic tongues. Now this will go right over the head of a poor madster.

However, basically, Angels to not have tongues. So why did Paul talk about the tongues of angels?
Well basically, angels are spirits, and communicate in spirit. And Paul said, when his spirit prays, his understanding is unfruitful. And so, the limitations of natural languages are removed by speaking in a heavenly spiritual language AKA the tongues of angels.

TweetyBird

Where do you get this from?

What part of "And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance", do you not understand?

Paul explained that when he prayed his spirit prayed. The spirit requires a language that supersedes a human language. The words are not what God is hearing, it is the expression of the Spirit.

For sure Paul said not one word about prayer in the spirit is a language that supersedes a human one. Nice bizarre twist to the already convoluted modern tongues theory. :hammer:

We want to test your tongues out. So either get it up on the net so we can see it or stop pushing your propaganda.

TweetyBird

A little side note here, the madists are assuming that there are only human languages with the gift of tongues. As I pointed out in my one on one, there are also angelic tongues. Now this will go right over the head of a poor madster.

No angelic tongues. Just one more little snippet taken out of a single verse in the entire Bible to support a major false doctrine.

However, basically, Angels to not have tongues. So why did Paul talk about the tongues of angels?
Well basically, angels are spirits, and communicate in spirit. And Paul said, when his spirit prays, his understanding is unfruitful. And so, the limitations of natural languages are removed by speaking in a heavenly spiritual language AKA the tongues of angels.

That load of conjecture is so far overweight the tires blew out ....

jimiduzit

Are you the only one who speaks in "real tongues" and everyone is of "some spirit" other than yourself?

Why would unbelievers, aka the Roman soldiers, be "slain in the spirit"? :confused:

ps: why do you use "yahshuah"? It's neither Hebrew nor is it an Hebraic Name.
Hi Tweety,

Most people I have ever spoken with speak in "real tongues" aka languages. It is the most widely used form of communication; language that is. Nothing special about me or the English language I speak.
As far as the "spirit" is concerned, it is God's Holy Spirit who draws, convicts, and convinces of our sinful condition. In proper response to that work He does, He then baptizes us into His body. The incoherent babbling and falling out and losing control of ones faculties is not attributed to the working of the Holy Spirit.
I apologize for being unclear.
As far as the names of the Saviour, "Jesus" is in our English bibles translated from a Greek translation of a Hebraic or Jewish name.
I am really amazed by some of the responses when people learn that Jesus had a real name that was as Jewish as he was.

Have a great and blessed day! God (YAHWEH) loves YOU!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using TheologyOnline mobile app

andyc

No angelic tongues. Just one more little snippet taken out of a single verse in the entire Bible to support a major false doctrine.

That's like saying, "there's a verse I don't like in the bible, but because it's just one verse I don't like in the bible, I'll just ignore it.

That load of conjecture is so far overweight the tires blew out ....

Admittedly it isn't revealed what we shall be, as John said. However, when people speak, sounds vibrate in eardrums, which people interpret as communication learned. Does God have eardrums?
Now, we know that the spirit of God communicates with our spirit, not using natural speech, and therefore it is logical to accept that our spirit can communicate with God's spirit, not through natural speech (Rom 8:26).

andyc

For sure Paul said not one word about prayer in the spirit is a language that supersedes a human one. Nice bizarre twist to the already convoluted modern tongues theory. :hammer:

We want to test your tongues out. So either get it up on the net so we can see it or stop pushing your propaganda.
How can you test something out that you already believe is not applicable today?

lifeisgood

It's simple - if God were to give the gifts of the Spirit like He did to the early NT church, I am on board with it. I did not realize it was a difficult statement to comprehend.

However, that is that 'if' again, meaning, I, TweetBird, will not believe unless it happens to me. If it happens to anybody else, I, TweetyBird, reject it for today.

Is that what I said? You must be referring to someone else.

No, that is what you said.

Then why are you disagreeing?

With you? Yes, because you use that little word 'if'; therefore, when I read what you said, this is what I heard: 'Unless it happens to me, I, TweetyBird, won't believe it. When it happens to somebody it is not for today 'cause it ain't happening to me.'

lifeisgood

I am saying that it is God's will to do with me as He chooses. I am His servant. If I am critically ill and it is His plan to heal me, however that happens - either miraculously or by medical means, then I am healed. If it is not His plan, then if I die or remain critically ill, I accept His will and He will be praised and given the glory 24/7. This is the position of millions of Christians based on the Biblical text. I am not some strange phenom - it is normal for a believer to trust God to do as He chooses with us.

The way you responded to what someone else said, there was the 'implication' that you did not believe that God heals today.

So, can I say from the above that you believe that healing is for today also.

andyc

Just for those watching this thread who are intrigued about tongues, it is the Spirit who gives the utterance.
Like all gifts, they are not to be used for the amusement of those who are only ready to mock.
Similarly, when people asked Jesus for a sign, he rejected them because their hearts were full of unbelief.
There were places that Jesus went to where he couldn't do anything, because people were so full of unbelief.
We have the word of God, and people must be convinced that the gifts are for today, and then seek those gifts.
There is not one verse telling us that the gifts are only temporal, but people will believe they are because they don't want anything to do with them. Not on the basis of scripture, but because they fear what they do not understand.

lifeisgood

1 Cor is all about the assembly - every single verse. It all stated back in 1 Cor 12 when Paul was speaking about the body of Christ.

Private prayer, as Jesus taught us and also Paul by many, many examples, is always verbalized from one's thoughts into prayer - often with the help of the Holy Spirit as He brings things to our remembrance. Not knowing what you are saying is not prayer - not anywhere in the Bible.

No, but it is communion with God.

lifeisgood

How do you distinguish the difference between the Holy Spirit and all other spirits?

If you have been baptized with the Holy Spirit after you have been saved, then you know the difference.

The Holy Spirit always glorifies Christ Jesus, other spirits do not. Don't you remember John saying that we are to test the spirits? I mean, 'cmon I would assume you would know that.

TweetyBird

Hi Tweety,

Most people I have ever spoken with speak in "real tongues" aka languages. It is the most widely used form of communication; language that is. Nothing special about me or the English language I speak.
As far as the "spirit" is concerned, it is God's Holy Spirit who draws, convicts, and convinces of our sinful condition. In proper response to that work He does, He then baptizes us into His body. The incoherent babbling and falling out and losing control of ones faculties is not attributed to the working of the Holy Spirit.
I apologize for being unclear.

Ok - you don't speak or pray in Pentecostal type tongues - incoherent sounds?

As far as the names of the Saviour, "Jesus" is in our English bibles translated from a Greek translation of a Hebraic or Jewish name.
I am really amazed by some of the responses when people learn that Jesus had a real name that was as Jewish as he was.

Have a great and blessed day! God (YAHWEH) loves YOU!!!

Jesus is not a "translation" of Yeshua. It is a transliteration. That means that if a group of people cannot sound out a word in their language they substitute the letter forming the closet sound. The reason the Greeks used IESOUS is because they could not pronounce the "yeh" or "sh" sounds and so substituted "ie" and "sous" sounds represented by the English letters, IESOUS. Latin is IESUS. Old English, as we find in the 1300, 1500 and 1600 translations used IESUS. The "I" slowly morphed into the harder French "J" sound which is how we got JESUS. It was not a conspiracy to make Jesus a white golden haired Son of God and forget His Jewish birth :crackup:

Secondly, the Hebrew name of Jesus is not "yahshuah". You have two big problems with that "name". First, the theophoric element of "YH" is never pronounced as "yah" at the beginning of a word or name. Which is why a name like Joshua is pronounced as YEHoshua. The "yah" sound is only used on the end of names like "Eliyahu" or "Yermeyahu" or as a stand alone Name - as shown in the OT as YAH.

Second, the "hey" at the end of "yeshuah" is the feminie verb, salvation. The Name of Yeshua is the masculine Name of Yeshua meaning God saves or He is salvation. Yeshua is the shortened form of Yehoshua [Joshua] used later in the OT. It appears in the OT around 30-40 times as "Jeshua" in most English Bibles.

The same thing goes for the YHWH. It is not Yahweh, even though it is accepted throughout most of the Christian community. It's just plain error and will never be corrected within the general populace because "scholarship" jumped on the "yahweh" wagon without doing the homework*. It actually was recended back from the Greek who took it from the Samaritan IEBE meaning "beautiful" - their loan word for the YHWH so as not to say the Name. Yahweh is not a Hebrew word at all. We do not know the pronunciation of the YHWH other than what God told Moses - Hayah Asher Hayah - I AM THAT I AM.

* For instance: The newer editions of Strongs now uses "Yahweh" when defining YHWH. The older editions used "JEHOVAH" [not saying this is the actual Name, but at least the "YEH/JEH" is correct]. Because of the popularity of "yahweh", the truth has been replaced.

Danoh

How can you test something out that you already believe is not applicable today?

I've been studying Mid-Acts in Scripture, and thus, from Mid-Acts (more or less) and for many a year now.

And the test of things that differ is only one and ever the same - Scripture with Scripture in light of the Word, rightly divided, or laid out aright.

Besides, given today's technology, any half-way decent illusionist could actually pull off such a thing; the requested test is not how the Believer is to test the things that differ.

Time to get back to Acts 17:11; where the assertions of one person or another...are concerned.