Spammers wasteland

Spammers wasteland

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

john w

Hall of Fame
Hence their sitting comfortably at the feet of gurus, and hating you when you won't.

They will never admit it but lots of people over the past 2,000 years have wrongly believed their guru/pope/priest/prophet/minister/pastor/teacher will shield them at the Judgment. "But Lord, that's what ________ told me to believe!"

Yes, it's bible agnosticism/mysticism, musty. We are attempting to have a debate, with a bunch of bible rejecting, correcting fools, who assert, "Here is the scripture, that says, we no longer have the scriptures."

Father: Must I get into the quicksand with them?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Studying and learning from the original Greek can be a blessed fulfillment of II Timothy 2:15.
Perhaps.
And it could also be detrimental if mishandled.
I've seen folks right here at TOL put the Greek into a vice and constrict it so tightly that they practically squeeze the life out of it.

Right Divider

Body part
If I came across a "magic lamp" and the Genie gave me three wishes, My first wish would be, be Nang for a day. The second wish would be to be Nang for two days and the third wish would be to be Nang for three days. Then, my life would be completely fulfilled.
I appears to me that you need some "wishing lessons". :think:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
:AMR:

There are exactly and precisely Twelve Apostles.

Why do you believe Mark, Luke, Acts and James?

Matthew 10:12 names the original 12 disciples who Jesus sent out as eye-witnesses to His bringing in His Kingdom. Judas Iscariot was one of them, which precludes the title "Apostle" from any permanent importance.

Mark, Luke, James, Matthias, and Paul are not named in Matthew, but were also considered Apostles for they too were contemporary witnesses of the Son of Man, Jesus Christ.

If your premise for limiting the number of Apostles to 12, is Revelation 21:14, please know this passage is symbolic and not meant to be read literally. The twelve in Rev. 21:14 only represents Apostleship/Discipleship.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Matthew 10:12 names the original 12 disciples who Jesus sent out as eye-witnesses to His bringing in His Kingdom. Judas Iscariot was one of them, which precludes the title "Apostle" from any permanent importance.

Mark, Luke, James, Matthias, and Paul are not named in Matthew, but were also considered Apostles for they too were contemporary witnesses of the Son of Man, Jesus Christ.

If your premise for limiting the number of Apostles to 12, is Revelation 21:14, please know this passage is symbolic and not meant to be read literally. The twelve in Rev. 21:14 only represents Apostleship/Discipleship.

Can you PROVE that with Scripture?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned

Mark, Luke, James, Matthias, and Paul are not named in Matthew, but they are also considered Apostles for they too were contemporary witnesses of the Son of Man, Jesus Christ.

If your premise for limiting the number of Apostles to 12, is Revelation 21:14, please know this passage is symbolic and not meant to be read literally. The twelve in Rev. 21:14 only represents the office of Apostleship.
:noway:

And here I was thinking your biggest problem was Calvinism.

;)

:)

Right Divider

Body part
Your logic is fallacious. Just because one was bad and had to be replaced does NOT 'preclude the title "Apostle" from any permanent importance.'.

Jesus chose twelve apostles for TWELVE tribes. There was a specific reason for that.

More opinions from your preferred authorities.

Last edited:

musterion

please know this passage is symbolic and not meant to be read literally.

I will never understand how people let themselves be convinced to think along such lines. It's pure guruism--let other humans tell you which parts of God's Word that He actually intended to be believed.

The trap is set...

Status
Not open for further replies.