Spammers wasteland

Spammers wasteland

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Are you saying that Gentiles throughout history, never received knowledge of the Gospel promises, apart from Paul?

That is an unbiblical and untenable position to claim . . .

Noah was not a Jew but he found grace and salvation from God. Genesis 6:8
How'd you get that question from the statement, "No one else in scripture, but Paul is called the "apostle of the Gentiles". Romans 11:13 KJV"?

As to Gentiles in the OT...Genesis 12:3 KJV.

And as to Noah, he "found grace". He must have done something to find it. What was it? And why did you add "and salvation" to the verse? What did Noah have to do to be saved?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Studying and learning from the original Greek can be a blessed fulfillment of II Timothy 2:15.
Studying to shew thyself approved unto God rightly dividing the word of truth has nothing to do with "studying and learning from the original Greek".

Where is all scripture in your "original languages" that I can 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
What do you base that on since you don't know Greek and can't read a Greek bible?
What makes you think Greek is superior?

Being only a learner of Greek does not make me ignorant or incapable of evaluating the value of the Greek language.

I ask you, who claims to be able to read Greek, if you consider it to be inferior to the English language, and why?

musterion

And the Greek is superior language to convey the Truth of God

Statements like that further prove your idolatry.

It's bad enough that your "god" lies about who is and is not covered by the saving Gospel. That blasphemy enough is enough to earn judgment.

But if we take your statement above at face value, it only proves your "god" is ALSO as incompetent as the false "god" of the Mormons.

Their "god" couldn't stop the Bible from being corrupted and having "plain and precious" truths removed (or "he" secretly willed it, making the Mormon "god" a liar too). So they lean on their other "sticks," which the Bible only used for prooftexts.

Likewise, according to you, your "god" has never managed to put what it wants us to know into a format as reliable and accurate as the Greek, which is now so muddled with alternative texts, fragments and renderings that no one can say with absolute authority WHICH Greek text is "the right one." So even if one can read Greek, one has to decide which Greek texts to dismiss and which to believe. There's no way to know with certainty exactly what God said, other than bowing before the self-appointed ecclesiastics and deluded vain philosophers like Calvin, all of whom you slobber over in order to tell US that we're wrong.

So like the Mormons, you DETEST AND DESPISE anyone who dares claim to stand upon the Bible alone. You consider them your enemies. And in a very real sense, we are.

That's why as much as I personally dislike you, I love it when you post. You consistently reveal yourself to be a member of a very different religion. Good job.

Last edited:

musterion

I am KJP (King James Primarily), not KJO. I do believe clarifying insights can sometimes be gained from looking at the texts from which our Bible comes, since that's what the KJ translators did.

But there's often a subtle demonic agenda among some (not all) of those who appeal to the Greek. I'm talking about the Greekers -- the ones that insist no English translation can be 100% trusted and that SOME knowledge of Greek is vital to true understanding -- a knowledge which they know very few people have. The point behind that, I believe, is to throw increasing levels of doubt on the Word of God and to take people captive to the will of gurus who appoint themselves as teachers. You end up believing not what the Bible plainly says but what they say it says. Plenty of evidence for that right here in this very thread.

It ends up shoving God into a box from which He can only speak Greek, meaning He can speak only through those who read Greek to the rest of us.

Of course, we're all trusting the translation work of other men. But those who rely on "the Greek" to disparage any translation are also trusting that what they have before them, passed down through many centuries and many hands (many unsaved). They, too, are trusting that it's as reliable as they believe it to be.

Ultimately we're all in the same boat. No prophets here. No burning bushes. So I prefer to believe God's Word, which is spiritual, is conveyed through but not restricted to or bound by human language. He is in no way limited by what limits us.

Still, sometimes I wonder why God has allowed it to get to this confused point. But He has His reasons, and they are good, whatever they are. When I feel like this, it's when I go back to the fact of Christ and Him crucified, and who He says I am in Him. Sometimes I feel like it's all I have. But then it's really all any of us needs.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Statements like that further prove your idolatry.

It's bad enough that your "god" lies about who is and is not covered by the saving Gospel. That blasphemy enough is enough to earn judgment.

But if we take your statement above at face value, it only proves your "god" is ALSO as incompetent as the false "god" of the Mormons.

Their "god" couldn't stop the Bible from being corrupted and having "plain and precious" truths removed (or "he" secretly willed it, making the Mormon "god" a liar too). So they lean on their other "sticks," which the Bible only used for prooftexts.

Likewise, according to you, your "god" has never managed to put what it wants us to know into a format as reliable and accurate as the Greek, which is now so muddled with alternative renderings, fragments and texts that no one can say with absolute authority WHICH Greek text is "the right one." So even if one can read Greek, one has to decide which Greek texts to dismiss and which to believe. There's no way to know with certainty exactly what God said, other than bowing before the self-appointed ecclesiastics and deluded vain philosophers like Calvin, all of whom you slobber over in order to tell US that we're wrong.

So like the Mormons, you DETEST AND DESPISE anyone who dares claim to stand upon the Bible alone. You consider them your enemies. And in a very real sense, we are.

That's why as much as I personally dislike you, I love it when you post. You consistently reveal yourself to be a member of a very different religion. Good job.

Truthful and good post.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Since Nangster believes the original Greek is superior, I wonder if she reads/studies out of the Greek text? I guess she must because she's said it's superior?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
We ALL know that Nang and PPS are the "Religious Dynamic Duo" therefore, they must be speaking the truth? After all, would they lead us astray? I think not.

Status
Not open for further replies.