Soul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon Hammer

God made man in his image. So we are mini Gods but have a long way to go before we have any real resemblance to God.

Not sure if you supplanting one word for the other will help understanding.

Our leaders are more like followers in that they adapt to remain popular with the bulk of society and that is changing rapidly.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

I do not feel that I am supplanting either word only trying to form an understanding of how to properly use/explain these word concepts. I have come to such a strong Christian site because 'god is in you and god is in me' is the only way to behave morally without concerns about harm being caused between people.

However religions are by their nature exclusive groups and this is not an acceptable trait for any true God. One God is provided for all and includes all without exception. We have all known this God and will know this God again however as individuals we are a soul in a body with the need to express ourselves in this world (existence). It pleases the individual soul to join with others and make something good and wholesome however the struggle for survival of our animal form does not always lead us to this contentment.

Xarragh

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose.
Wow... keep wandering around in the book. Survivalist notions. Nice solid belief you have built up around you. He washed their feet as to not thread old dust from where they walked the journey shown as the sacrament, the supper, not to be copied but absorbed into out hearts. See it! It's right there! Every sunday it's repeated all over the world, slowly and a demonstration. It has also turned into a broken record.

Saxon Hammer

Wow... keep wandering around in the book. Survivalist notions. Nice solid belief you have built up around you. He washed their feet as to not thread old dust from where they walked the journey shown as the sacrament, the supper, not to be copied but absorbed into out hearts. See it! It's right there! Every sunday it's repeated all over the world, slowly and a demonstration. It has also turned into a broken record.

Is this about the body of christ at mass? Is this specific to one 'type' (sorry) of christianity?
Is it your own record that is broken? You no longer sing the words in your heart?

Xarragh

Is this about the body of christ at mass? Is this specific to one 'type' (sorry) of christianity?
Is it your own record that is broken? You no longer sing the words in your heart?

See the message as if it's the first time, The last supper spoken by jesus. I dont sing it as a repeat. His last and clear message in that regard. The actions around the message are only an icon of that magnificance. The glory of god is you + the happening, not the glory of reassurance.

Saxon Hammer

Yes me my soul ('God') and the happenings around me but I never went to church out of faith only duty as a boy scout and to marry my wife in the way she (and her parents) wanted.

But now I have found something I think is like my own portion of God my soul ('God') this mean all others are gods too even if they do not know it. This must be the case and therefore God is all the people of all times in all expressions that we can and have seen. This is not that nice a though when you consider how childish we are on our own and how great we can be together.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Can you see what I see? Can you hear what I hear? Can you feel what I feel?

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
I do not feel that I am supplanting either word only trying to form an understanding of how to properly use/explain these word concepts. I have come to such a strong Christian site because 'god is in you and god is in me' is the only way to behave morally without concerns about harm being caused between people.

However religions are by their nature exclusive groups and this is not an acceptable trait for any true God. One God is provided for all and includes all without exception. We have all known this God and will know this God again however as individuals we are a soul in a body with the need to express ourselves in this world (existence). It pleases the individual soul to join with others and make something good and wholesome however the struggle for survival of our animal form does not always lead us to this contentment.

When you say , my soul (God), it gives me the impression you don't see any difference and thus you eliminate God your Mother and Father!

Saxon Hammer

When you say , my soul (God), it gives me the impression you don't see any difference and thus you eliminate God your Mother and Father!

Oh no I did not say that I eliminate anything just as I said plainly I am working with what 'I know' and hoping that my words are going to become clearer in understanding with other christian views.

I would like to have started a blog however I am not yet privileged with that right on this site - nor am I able to respond to my own profile - this is a restriction I agreed to when I started my account here just yesterday.

As to having a metaphysical Mother and Father I would just say at this time you might mean - Nature and Intelligence in my current view and words. Or animal body + sentience may be another option.

After all we do not know if Adam and Eve spoke using their mouths or some more God like way as they would have been in the garden of Eden.

Saxon Hammer

We are half an eternal Soul created by Our Mother and Father (God). We have a physical body and a spirit body for use when our physical body is asleep and after death.

The Universe is a physical manifestation of God, each so called black hole at the centre of each galaxy is one of us. Yes, we are each a universe.

"Other"
Moonbeams.
Sigh.

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?116110-Interpretation&p=4611742&viewfull=1#post4611742

AMR

Hello AMR,

I would like to challenge you one on one to support your views.

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?116110-Interpretation&p=4611742&viewfull=1#post4611742

I do not understand you, I find that during the research you pointed me to (I have not yet read nor understood it all) that you are a well educated spiritual thinker (searcher). I hope that you can accept (and set up this challenge) so that I may learn to understand.

I would like there to be a complementary thread that neither of us is allowed to see by trust or authority (a thread security setting although that can still be hacked!!). I would like to be able to still talk on other topics on TOL (as I am sure you would as well) WITHOUT accidentally being 'drawn in'/'populated'.

I ask that ALL words be taken from one online dictionary and all bible references (sorry) are in those little pop-up TAGS (that I do not know how to make yet) or links to standard accessible references (URLs).

I would like us to establish a common language so that we are using the same frames of REFERENCE despite my complete lack of education both in english and christianity.

I would then hope that we could create a rule set to play this joyous yet frightening game for all serious discussions. The using a voting system we could ALL decide to play by the rules in certain forums/areas.

We may ALL need a thread to promote a good rule framework, however I believe that you can and will act as a GENTLEMAN and HONORABLY respect me so I believe we can by our actions promote 'good behaviour' as I have, I believe, shown you my own honor.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sorry so presumptuous of me a 1 week old member I do laugh at myself sometimes :)
Well it never hurts to at least ask. ;) But in the interest of being a good steward of the time God grants me, I must decline.

If you want to understand me, and perhaps become more knowledgeable about Christianity, you might avail yourself of my Randomata Blog:
AMR's Randomata Blog - TOL

Therein you will find plenty to contemplate and perhaps be edified by.

You might also visit some of my past one-on-one threads:

One on Two - Calvinism: Knight with assuranceagent and Ask Mr Religion

One on One: BR X - A Calvinist's Response (Ask Mr. Religion vs. Enyart)

One on One: Ghost's Views of The Nature of Christ

One-on-One: AMR and God's Truth — The Holy Trinity

One on One: AMR and JCWR on the Temporality of God

AMR

Saxon Hammer

Well it never hurts to at least ask. ;) But in the interest of being a good steward of the time God grants me, I must decline.

If you want to understand me, and perhaps become more knowledgeable about Christianity, you might avail yourself of my Randomata Blog:
AMR's Randomata Blog - TOL

Therein you will find plenty to contemplate and perhaps be edified by.

You might also visit some of my past one-on-one threads:

One on Two - Calvinism: Knight with assuranceagent and Ask Mr Religion

One on One: BR X - A Calvinist's Response (Ask Mr. Religion vs. Enyart)

One on One: Ghost's Views of The Nature of Christ

One-on-One: AMR and God's Truth — The Holy Trinity

One on One: AMR and JCWR on the Temporality of God

AMR

Thank very much for your kindly response to my challenge I do understand, as I am driven by the same, suddenly at the age of 53! I am completely amazed right now so am behaving rather spontaneously, very much more than I would otherwise have done before now.

I have already seen your blog and received wisdom from that interaction and I did look up a number of words and understood the 'latin' references by referring to other sources in documents NOT aimed at my level but at an academic level which you prefer in your discourse. This poses a problem just in mutual understanding as my references come via google and NOT via SUBSCRIPTION only services often in the path of more academic media. So I can only partially understand unless I attend years of academic courses or at least start a degree (which I might be able to do). However you knowledge and wisdom hast already prompted you to observe my behaviour enough to have freely offered your direct advice and I have found much to respect and consider.

I continue to follow the threads of my interest and shall alway consider your words. HOWEVER I have responded with a direct challenge of the very nature I proposed. BECAUSE of the words that are in italics in your referenced post and the fact that they have multiple references including 'Heaven' and 'spirit' as well as the definitions you were referring to in the content of the words that followed.

Regards,
Saxon Hammer

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Interesting how I have to walk on egg shells around Christian theology but the Christians can treat my treasured beliefs with such contempt.

​Blasphemy is contemptible is does not belong here. On this board we don't mince about words.

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
​Blasphemy is contemptible is does not belong here. On this board we don't mince about words.

It says in the dictionary, blaspheme, to talk about God irreverently - ie disrespectfully.

So Good, I'm on your side.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It says in the dictionary, blaspheme, to talk about God irreverently - ie disrespectfully.

So Good, I'm on your side.

Your theology is disrespectful. To lower God down to human sexuality is blasphemy. You keep beating in this drum we will ban you as a troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.