Soul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truster

You're wrong, I promise you I am sincere.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Hell will be full of sincere people who were sincerely wrong.

I shall give you the benefit of going along with your profession unless you prove otherwise by handling the word of truth deceitfully. 2 Corinthians 4:2 KJV

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
Hell will be full of sincere people who were sincerely wrong.

I shall give you the benefit of going along with your profession unless you prove otherwise by handling the word of truth deceitfully. 2 Corinthians 4:2 KJV

Thank you <3

Although we may differ on what we consider to be the word of God.

Saxon Hammer

Hello I'm a newbee both to this forum and this type of discussion.

I believe we are all soul (GOD) and that we have been granted some time to work and enjoy this reality.

I know that this site is for those that believe in God from the christian books called the bible.
I formed my belief in 'God is in you and God is in me' at the age of 8 however I have realised that any group of people that exclude any others is not morally right.
The church sunday school where I learnt about God was not teaching all children and would not have taught me if there had not been a major upset in my life at the time.
I do not know what 'type' of christian these teachers where however, they helped me survive my childhood.

I do not want to cause offence but I have to say that the nature of practice for current churches is not fully inclusive and a requirement is placed upon any person attending to follow a doctrine instead of the simple acknowledgement of God in all that we behold.

This is why I now use the term Soul instead of God in a new age sort of view.

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
Hello I'm a newbee both to this forum and this type of discussion.

I believe we are all soul (GOD) and that we have been granted some time to work and enjoy this reality.

I know that this site is for those that believe in God from the christian books called the bible.
I formed my belief in 'God is in you and God is in me' at the age of 8 however I have realised that any group of people that exclude any others is not morally right.
The church sunday school where I learnt about God was not teaching all children and would not have taught me if there had not been a major upset in my life at the time.
I do not know what 'type' of christian these teachers where however, they helped me survive my childhood.

I do not want to cause offence but I have to say that the nature of practice for current churches is not fully inclusive and a requirement is placed upon any person attending to follow a doctrine instead of the simple acknowledgement of God in all that we behold.

This is why I now use the term Soul instead of God in a new age sort of view.

God is called the Super Soul in the Bhagavad-Gita.

This forum shouldn't be as you say about God in the Bible. Theo means God and there are better ways to see the works of God and they are up to date! Studying all of nature and our own personal lives (incl. dreams) are the best ways to start to understand Our parent.

This is especially the case with Our Bible as the God in most of the OT is clearly not Our parent! And don't get me started on Paul!

Keep going with your way, we all knew God when we were babies.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
God is called the Super Soul in the Bhagavad-Gita.

This forum shouldn't be as you say about God in the Bible. Theo means God and there are better ways to see the works of God and they are up to date! Studying all of nature and our own personal lives (incl. dreams) are the best ways to start to understand Our parent.
It's better to see His works through His own eyes. He became flesh and dwelt among us. He ordained Apostles. His Church lives still today, the Body of Christ.

Saxon Hammer

Keep going with your way, we all knew God when we were babies.

I think that this is a valid statement however we need to express ourselves through an animal form as that is our purpose. However the animal form is only a shell for the soul's expression and not the expression of the soul itself. This has been the ongoing process known as life however the human animal has on occasion developed new ways of thinking like the different cultures and sciences that have emerged as the human animal has evolved. This has separated the human animal from all others in function and capacities. This separation is the core of the 'Apple in the garden of Eden' story (sorry I mean no harm).

It strikes me that the story of Jesus is told with the background of the Rome Empire very much present in the story. This empire was GREAT, given the time period, however it fell into decline and christianity (Jesus's story) survived to become part of the bible(s).

My view of western society is as a British citizen with deep regard for Honor and Truth due to growing to adulthood as the first born son of a Soldier of my country Great Britain.

I feel that the moral fibre of this country and the United State of America is weak and the power of money is a major corruption for all people of the world. It is not that money (as fair barter) is bad any more than a gun is bad. However money IS power in this world and if you have enough you stop thinking about how bad life can be and wash it all away with a good film and a cuddle with a loved one.

But not for all, there are a great many people that do not have the basics of life in a reliable fashion (like a local supermarket) or a home or food or freedom of expression.

There has to be a way to inject some moral courage in our leaders to fight for the people as a whole and not for the advantages for a small few when so many have much less to start off with.

If my soul (God) speaks so your soul (God) hears the we are more than we were alone. If all felt the power of being and acting good as our soul (God) would really like and our souls (Gods) united then money would not have so much power and morality could be restored.

The key is not to bring children into a life where they cannot feel the power of being and act good as their soul (God) would like. They learn the hard knocks far too early to develop more that animal responses to their future stresses which will inevitably lead towards an even harder life.

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
It's better to see His works through His own eyes. He became flesh and dwelt among us. He ordained Apostles. His Church lives still today, the Body of Christ.

Well that is something we disagree on. This is what causes all the confusion and why the trinity was created to try and make sense of it.

Accept that the Bible is ambiguous and the possibility that the text will never provide proof either way.

The Church today provides a lot of free coffee....

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
I think that this is a valid statement however we need to express ourselves through an animal form as that is our purpose. However the animal form is only a shell for the soul's expression and not the expression of the soul itself. This has been the ongoing process known as life however the human animal has on occasion developed new ways of thinking like the different cultures and sciences that have emerged as the human animal has evolved. This has separated the human animal from all others in function and capacities. This separation is the core of the 'Apple in the garden of Eden' story (sorry I mean no harm).

It strikes me that the story of Jesus is told with the background of the Rome Empire very much present in the story. This empire was GREAT, given the time period, however it fell into decline and christianity (Jesus's story) survived to become part of the bible(s).

My view of western society is as a British citizen with deep regard for Honor and Truth due to growing to adulthood as the first born son of a Soldier of my country Great Britain.

I feel that the moral fibre of this country and the United State of America is weak and the power of money is a major corruption for all people of the world. It is not that money (as fair barter) is bad any more than a gun is bad. However money IS power in this world and if you have enough you stop thinking about how bad life can be and wash it all away with a good film and a cuddle with a loved one.

But not for all, there are a great many people that do not have the basics of life in a reliable fashion (like a local supermarket) or a home or food or freedom of expression.

There has to be a way to inject some moral courage in our leaders to fight for the people as a whole and not for the advantages for a small few when so many have much less to start off with.

If my soul (God) speaks so your soul (God) hears the we are more than we were alone. If all felt the power of being and acting good as our soul (God) would really like and our souls (Gods) united then money would not have so much power and morality could be restored.

The key is not to bring children into a life where they cannot feel the power of being and act good as their soul (God) would like. They learn the hard knocks far too early to develop more that animal responses to their future stresses which will inevitably lead towards an even harder life.

God made man in his image. So we are mini Gods but have a long way to go before we have any real resemblance to God.

Not sure if you supplanting one word for the other will help understanding.

Our leaders are more like followers in that they adapt to remain popular with the bulk of society and that is changing rapidly.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Well that is something we disagree on. This is what causes all the confusion and why the trinity was created to try and make sense of it.

Accept that the Bible is ambiguous and the possibility that the text will never provide proof either way.
I accept nothing that you or anyone says that is not true, and what I've told you is true; the Maker became flesh and dwelt among us. There is no ambiguity. John chapter 1 was obviously written carefully, specifically to avoid ambiguity.
The Church today provides a lot of free coffee....
That's at the bottom of the list of indulgences that the Church indiscriminately and at her pleasure grants to the world.

Saxon Hammer

I accept nothing that you or anyone says that is not true, and what I've told you is true; the Maker became flesh and dwelt among us. There is no ambiguity. John chapter 1 was obviously written carefully, specifically to avoid ambiguity.

Which bible is your reference for this statement? I have not read the book fully nor studied it so I would like to read this reference myself if you would allow it. I would like to be sure that we both had the same book to avoid misunderstanding your comment.

Since when did a church do anything it is people who provide the coffee not the building nor the religion.

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
That's at the bottom of the list of indulgences that the Church indiscriminately and at her pleasure grants to the world.

I have had many chats with people who take the bible to be the word of God and get nowhere, it is after all quite a narrow minded position to take.

So the Bible isn't ambiguous...

Genesis 1, Elohim creates the world makes man in his own image, states what food is for what and all is very good.

Genesis 2,3. A God with 2 names is making strange rules and curses the earth.

Genesis 4. Now we just have the word Lord, is this God, without gen 2,3 we wouldn't assume so.

Then Able is praised for sacrificing animals and Cain is rebuked for bringing what it says to eat in Gen 1.

On to the New Testament.

Yeshua begins the Lord's Prayer, Our Father.

John 17:11 Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me,

Rev 11:15 the Kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ,

3 excerpts from the bible which clearly show that Yeshua and God are 2 different entities.

Jesus Christ does not appear in Matthew, Mark or Luke. If we add an apostrophe it would correct it; Jesus' Christ.

But the greatest of evidence that the bible is ambiguous is how unable we have been over the last 2000 years to agree on one understanding of it.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Which bible is your reference for this statement?
Any Christian translation of the Bible.
I have not read the book fully nor studied it so I would like to read this reference myself if you would allow it. I would like to be sure that we both had the same book to avoid misunderstanding your comment.
John 1:1 (KJV)
Since when did a church do anything it is people who provide the coffee not the building nor the religion.
The Body of Christ the Church is people.

Xarragh

God says, nothing, because is God. Let the embrace of god caress thy shoulders and thou will type the word. It need not become the time of the usb feather and ink pot before celebration bestows in the dust settled. Disagreement falls foul and the mould becomes the salt of disagreement. Who seeks the covenant? The ultimate understanding of body and bread, blood and wine is not an agreement to disagree. The body is the now and the blood is the happening and we are in the now and happening. The particle and the wave... the light.... Hmmm, ill have to think about that myself.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God says, nothing, because is God. Let the embrace of god caress thy shoulders and thou will type the word. It need not become the time of the usb feather and ink pot before celebration bestows in the dust settled. Disagreement falls foul and the mould becomes the salt of disagreement. Who seeks the covenant? The ultimate understanding of body and bread, blood and wine is not an agreement to disagree. The body is the now and the blood is the happening and we are in the now and happening. The particle and the wave... the light.... Hmmm, ill have to think about that myself.
Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose.

Saxon Hammer

Any Christian translation of the Bible.
John 1:1 (KJV)
The Body of Christ the Church is people.

Thank you for the reference and the response is - ??? - How is that a form of proof for you?

Our God would have always existed and the formation of words is a human trait and it humans that created the concept of the word 'God'. This word concept (God) is used for many reasons that often have little to do with a God and more to do with human reactions and a need to explain things.

According to the people of the world, there are many Gods that are worshipped by people for the same reasons they have always done.

The soul ('God') needs to express itself and does so through the body (in whatever form) and humans learn from the other humans all words. Without these words the bible is no more than a stack of waste paper and meaning and understand could not be derived. However the bible is read by humans and still the words that are written can be understood however are they the same words in the same world?

NO.

The soul ('God') is ever-living and words themselves are transmutable so any 'bible' is only a record from a place and point in time and not a MANUAL for the living.

Status
Not open for further replies.