Sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them - Gen 6

marhig

Jesus' gospel is about the kingdom of God. It's in this context that the generation will not pass away.

Jesus taught that the kingdom of God is within you. And he did say that those who pierced him would see him, so in that regards his second coming would have been in that generation. If you believe Jesus that is.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The record would show that indeed, these sons of God did have sex with human women and produced hybrids. Obviously all angels are male.
The Greek mythology is based upon this ancient record. As well, The Book of Giants was found among the Dead Sea Scrolls. The Book of Enoch records the information in Genesis 6 as well. So, this incident occurred prior to the flood, and the information was passed on through Noah.

PS: no mention of UFOs. :)
This is plain silly.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is plain silly.
Indeed. The Nephilim were sons of famous fathers, men of renown, hence the bene ha elohim. In the OT, "son" can be used abstractly or figuratively, as in "sons of Belial" (Deut. 13:13), "sons of valor" (Judges 18:2), "sons of fire" (Job 5:7), "son of the dawn" (Isaiah 14:12). And the Nephilim died in the Flood just like the rest of humanity, save eight.

AMR

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Thank you AMR. I do not get were these people get such strange ideas. have you also noticed they all think they are teachers? not any students, as if being a student is shameful!

fzappa13

When you two are through back patting each other you might want to consider this:

Gen 6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Og of Bashan ring a bell? Goliath? Do you have the first clue why God commanded Moses, et al, to kill whom they did and spare whom they did on the way into the land they were promised? Do you two even read your Bible?

marhig

The kingdom is within you but you must be changed. Flesh and blood cannot enter the kingdom.

I agree, we must be changed. We must be converted and become as little children to enter in, go back to innocence. To inherit the kingdom of God, we must turn from the lusts of the flesh, we ask for God's kingdom to come every day in our daily prayers, but Gods kingdom can't enter those who still live by the flesh, those who put themselves and their lusts before God, who live by their will and not the Gods will, those who do this, won't inherit the kingdom of God.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I agree, we must be changed.

We must be changed from a biological body to a non-material body.

And we must be changed from mortal to immortal.

1 Corinthians 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.​

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
[MENTION=7233]Ktoyou[/MENTION]

Thank you AMR. I do not get were these people get such strange ideas. have you also noticed they all think they are teachers? not any students, as if being a student is shameful!
Indeed. Woe to those that teach, for they are held to a higher standard by God (James 3:1).

AMR

beameup

Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan [the adversary] also came among them. - Job 1:6

Looks like the sons of God are supernatural beings

"comparing Scripture with Scripture"

fzappa13

Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan [the adversary] also came among them. - Job 1:6

"comparing Scripture with Scripture"

Well, I wouldn't hang my hat on one verse but the one you offered is one of many to be considered when trying to understand the subject at hand.

beameup

Well, I wouldn't hang my hat on one verse but the one you offered is one of many to be considered when trying to understand the subject at hand.

Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD. - Job 2:1

2nd witness
"comparing scripture with scripture"

bene ha'elohim = sons of God

fzappa13

Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD. - Job 2:1

2nd witness
"comparing scripture with scripture"

bene ha'elohim = sons of God

Now, walk it forward to the New Testament.

beameup

Now, walk it forward to the New Testament.
O.T. is HEBREW
N.T. is Koine Greek

bene ha'elohim is the "key"

The Greek Septuagint, translated into English is:
"And when the set day came, then, look, the angels of God ἄγγελοι τοῦ Θεοῦ
came to present themselves before the Lord, and the slanderer came with them." Job 1:6

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Some sons of God were supernatural beings, but Adam was a human being.

Christ being their father.

Our Father is the Most High.

Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.​

beameup

Some sons of God were supernatural beings, but Adam was a human being.
Adam was "clothed with light"... until he sinned, and then he lost that "supernatural quality".

When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? - Job 38:7
Witness #3

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?- Job 38:7

Yes, the creation before mankind was very beautiful according to scripture.

It was not created in vain. (Isaiah 45:18)

fzappa13

O.T. is HEBREW
N.T. is Koine Greek

bene ha'elohim is the "key"

The Greek Septuagint, translated into English is:
"And when the set day came, then, look, the angels of God ἄγγελοι τοῦ Θεοῦ
came to present themselves before the Lord, and the slanderer came with them." Job 1:6

Yes, the OT is Hebrew (mostly) and the NT Koine Greek. That said they speak of the same thing. To fully understand the meaning of the term elohiym one must walk it forward to the NT.

I would submit that a study of the term "sons of god" will not be without profit. It is the common denominator between these two languages as it concerns this subject.