Sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them - Gen 6

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The angels were jealous because GOD made man a mate (woman), but didn't make any mates for the angels.

Actually, it was Lucifer (meaning the light bringer) who was jealous. Humans were created lower than angels and Lucifer wanted to be the bride of Christ instead of converted humans. Angels are genderless just like we will be in the resurrection, neither male nor female.

A third of the angels sided with Lucifer and became adversarial to God's plan.

Now Lucifer instead of being a light bringer is a liar and murderer. He fought the law and the law won.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Man, on the other hand, did need a mate to replenish their kind.

It was more than that, God said it was not good for a man to be alone and created a helper suitable for him.

This is what he is doing for his Son.

fzappa13

There was something very desirable about them for women (in Noah's day) and homos (in Lot's day) want too cross moral lines to have them.
And I'm not so sure that we can just say they were good looking, but that the appeal may have been much more profound (as in their supernaturalness, so to speak.

There was something very desirable about them for women (in Noah's day) and homos (in Lot's day) want too cross moral lines to have them.
And I'm not so sure that we can just say they were good looking, but that the appeal may have been much more profound (as in their supernaturalness, so to speak).

I think that was a two way street as the angels (elohiym), who are never alluded to as anything but male, were willing to chuck eternity for a one time shot at these daughters of men. In Jude it is made plain that God sees all this the same … going after flesh that was not intended for you. Angels and women, women and women, men and men, etc.

Which brings me to the media (TV, novels, internet, etc.) that I believe in a lot of ways are to 'program' your sensitivities towards things.
Maybe to lessen your sensitivities and accept them as the norm rather than an oddity.

Vampires used to be blood sucking monsters.
Now they are portrayed as sexy and desirable.
And a lot of women seem to eat that up!
So much so that they think it would be cool and fantasize about them.
Same with other 'supernatural' type creatures such as super heros.
So if a real supernatural being approached them with interest ...... I think they would gladly give in.

TV was pernicious from day one. When I was a kid and there were three channels and each one had news at the same time that said exactly the same thing at the same time and it occurred to me that one person or interest controlled them all. As what you saw on them gradually got worse it was hard for me to see that as an accident. It speaks of the intent of those that own and control it.

Give me a little more than just teasers.
Sounds interesting.

This is a huge subject that is not covered properly with one post. It probably needs its own thread. That said consider this:

Eze 44:
15 But the priests the Levites, the sons of Zadok, that kept the charge of my sanctuary when the children of Israel went astray from me, they shall come near to me to minister unto me, and they shall stand before me to offer unto me the fat and the blood, saith the Lord GOD:
16 They shall enter into my sanctuary, and they shall come near to my table, to minister unto me, and they shall keep my charge.
17 And it shall come to pass, that when they enter in at the gates of the inner court, they shall be clothed with linen garments; and no wool shall come upon them, whiles they minister in the gates of the inner court, and within.
18 They shall have linen bonnets upon their heads, and shall have linen breeches upon their loins; they shall not gird themselves with any thing that causeth sweat.
19 And when they go forth into the utter court, even into the utter court to the people, they shall put off their garments wherein they ministered, and lay them in the holy chambers, and they shall put on other garments; and they shall not sanctify the people with their garments.

Luke 8:

43 a woman having an issue of blood twelve years, which had spent all her living upon physicians, neither could be healed of any,
44 Came behind him, and touched the border of his garment: and immediately her issue of blood stanched.
45 And Jesus said, Who touched me? When all denied, Peter and they that were with him said, Master, the multitude throng thee and press thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me?
46 And Jesus said, Somebody hath touched me: for I perceive that virtue is gone out of me.
47 And when the woman saw that she was not hid, she came trembling, and falling down before him, she declared unto him before all the people for what cause she had touched him, and how she was healed immediately.
48 And he said unto her, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.

Last edited:

fzappa13

I'm at least in this incarnation, a male :) - but quite synthesized with the female aspect of soul as well. When you make the two, you'll find the kingdom. 'God' is One.

You've played cat and mouse concerning your gender since you've been here. I'm sure you'll excuse the faux pas.

As to your comment above....it may as vacuous as pjs.....as a 'myth' cannot read or write, much less respond to your post as I AM currently doing as an individual conscious being. Considering this fact, the reality I AM is self-evident :) - all else may be an illusion of perception, the mind creating its own 'mythology' to explain things.

My point exactly. After our demise all that is left of our existence is the testimony of others. What was testified of Jesus is a matter of record. I will be interested to see what testimony you engender upon the occasion of your demise ... not that I wish to hasten the day.

Challenging the existence of Jesus holds to different criteria historically speaking, as this person has no physical reality and can only 'exist' in one's mind or as some invisible presence. This goes for any personality of past reference .. See the difference?

No. You are creating a difference via rhetoric that has no existence otherwise.

This also goes for the 'Nephilim'....you can only by analogous reference assume or speculate about their existence...beyond some tangible or spiritual evidence.

:p

I see what you did with your header ... the bones are still there whether they accommodate your beliefs or not.

ttruscott

Psalm 104:4 Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire

Spirits have no bodies. They neither give in marriage, nor are given in marriage, Jesus said.
Riiiight, That is how they walk amongst us and have dinner with us being all unawares: Hebrews 13:2 Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.

No marriage does not mean no bodies - - -

marhig

Riiiight, That is how they walk amongst us and have dinner with us being all unawares: Hebrews 13:2 Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.

No marriage does not mean no bodies - - -

Do you believe that angels have natural bodies? Binah is right, an angel is a spirit, they don't have a body. The body they have are God's people whom they minister to.

The angels are ministering spirits within Gods people.

Hebrews 1

But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool? Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

It's the angels in the hearts of God's true people that we entertain unawares.

Ac28

Only God's direct creations are labeled "Sons of God" in the Bible, This includes Adam, the angels, and the new creation in Paul's writings. That's about it. Adam was the only human with that designation - Eve was "made" from Adam and all other humans are pro-created. Therefore, the "Sons of God" cannot mean the sons of Seth.

Please note that the KJV makes a mess out of distinguishing between the 2 terms, "sons" and "children." Where sons is the right translation, the KJV (and other versions) often has children, and visa versa. These 2 terms are totally different, unlike our usage today. A child of a man back then was simply his offspring, who couldn't inherit as such. In order to make the child an heir, the father had to go through a legal adoption procedure. After the adoption, the child had entered into sonship and was then automatically an heir. Also, a person who wasn't a natural child could be adopted ahead of any natural children and thus become a son and heir. This is supposedly how the Roman emperors picked and choosed their successors. Any natural children would have been murdered.

When you see the word "adoption" in the scriptures, this is basically what it means.

From what I've read, at the time the KJV was written, nothing was known about this adoption procedure. Only after some later archeological digs was this known through newly discovered manuscripts..

The moral is that, any time you see the words sons or children in any Bible, check it out with a concordance to make sure the Bible you're using has these 2 words in their right places.

Last edited:

ttruscott

Do you believe that angels have natural bodies? Binah is right, an angel is a spirit, they don't have a body.
So Heb 13:2 is about pastors in disguise? <sigh> Angels have heavenly bodies but are not attached to them like a human is, that is, they are not souls, ie, spirits attached to a body, but they certainly manifest bodies when they want to.

Luke 2:8 And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”

13 Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,

14 “Glory to God in the highest heaven,
and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”

This verse proves the angels were actually there with the shepherds 15 When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, and the shepherds saw them... they might not have a body in the earthly sense that they are stuck with it but they certainly do manifest their own body, not someone else's, whenever they want.

marhig

So Heb 13:2 is about pastors in disguise? <sigh> Angels have heavenly bodies but are not attached to them like a human is, that is, they are not souls, ie, spirits attached to a body, but they certainly manifest bodies when they want to.

Luke 2:8 And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”

13 Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,

14 “Glory to God in the highest heaven,
and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”

This verse proves the angels were actually there with the shepherds 15 When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, and the shepherds saw them... they might not have a body in the earthly sense that they are stuck with it but they certainly do manifest their own body, not someone else's, whenever they want.

It sounds like when people in the Bible saw an angel they knew it was an angel and they weren't unaware.

I believe the spirit in the heart of God's true people is the angel that we entertain unawares and we should be careful how we treat others and care for all we meet, regardless of who they are and don't judge people by outward appearance, because God doesn't look at the outside but at the heart.

beameup

Report of the spies to the Promised Land:
So they gave out to the sons of Israel a bad report of the land which they had spied out, saying, “The land through which we have gone, in spying it out, is a land that devours its inhabitants; and all the people whom we saw in it are men of great size."
“There also we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak are part of the Nephilim); and we became like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight.”
- Numbers 13:32-33

In the Book of Enoch, Mount Hermon is the place where the Grigori
("Watcher") class of fallen angels (ie: sons of God) descended to Earth.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you believe that angels have natural bodies? Binah is right, an angel is a spirit, they don't have a body.
The body they have are God's people whom they minister to.

1 Corinthians 15:44 It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body and there is a spiritual body.​

A spirit being has a spiritual (non-material) body. Spirit beings can hear, they can see, they can speak, they can walk, they just can't make babies.

beameup

A spirit being has a spiritual (non-material) body. Spirit beings can hear, they can see, they can speak, they can walk, they just can't make babies.

The Nephilim would beg to differ with you.

sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare nephilim unto them
Genesis 6:4b

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Nephilim would beg to differ with you.

Giants are mortal humans.

They existed before the flood and after the flood and yes giants can bear children.

Moses sent men to spy out the land of Canaan and they saw the giants.

David fought a giant and killed him.

JesusChrist

BANNED
Banned
It is for this reason that a woman ought to have authority over her own head, because of the angels. But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head--it is the same as having her head shaved. 1 Corinthians 11:10

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
It is for this reason that a woman ought to have authority over her own head, because of the angels. But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head--it is the same as having her head shaved. 1 Corinthians 11:10

Are you sure this is not a vain use of God's name?

JesusChrist

BANNED
Banned
Positive, I'm a representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ must increase in prominence, but I must decrease. We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. So shall we bear the image of the heavenly man. be imitators of God. cloth yourselves with Christ. You are not your own; For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. Whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit. There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day. For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken. By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me. All praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honor and power and strength be to our God for ever and ever. Amen!"

john w

Hall of Fame
Positive, I'm a representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ must increase in prominence, but I must decrease. We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. So shall we bear the image of the heavenly man. be imitators of God. cloth yourselves with Christ. You are not your own; For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. Whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit. There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day. For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken. By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me. All praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honor and power and strength be to our God for ever and ever. Amen!"

View attachment 24740