Sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them - Gen 6

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
sons of God include angels and humans..............

sons of God include angels and humans..............

Indeed. The Nephilim were sons of famous fathers, men of renown, hence the bene ha elohim. In the OT, "son" can be used abstractly or figuratively, as in "sons of Belial" (Deut. 13:13), "sons of valor" (Judges 18:2), "sons of fire" (Job 5:7), "son of the dawn" (Isaiah 14:12). And the Nephilim died in the Flood just like the rest of humanity, save eight.

AMR

I'm sure your aware that your 'interpretation' above is not shared by all Christians.... or apologists for that matter, since 'sons of God' can also refer to angels. So, there are some who do take 'sons of God' there to mean angels or some heavenly or specially augments human-like beings coming down to 'marry' the daugthers of men. Some assume the 'sons of God' spoken there are just men (sons of Seth, etc.), that another altnerative. The biblical account allows for different interpretations, points of view.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
sons of light...............

sons of light...............

I saw what you did there ...

Well, I'm sure copper toned tin or some other conductive material would augment brain power/capacity. As a cosmo-naut, you need to keep your mind attuned to the etheric currents.......:surf:

The 'sons of God' both descend and ascend :)

fzappa13

Well, I'm sure copper toned tin or some other conductive material would augment brain power/capacity. As a cosmo-naut, you need to keep your mind attuned to the etheric currents.......:surf:

The 'sons of God' both descend and ascend :)

The "sons of God" is a subject yet to be dealt with properly here ... largely because the implications of what is said are greater than most folks' beliefs about what the Bible says can accommodate. A case in point:

John 1: 6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

In most folks Bible John 1 ends at verse 3.

... and a Faraday shield is effective for the correct purpose ... however, I'm not sure it will block out unwanted ideas.

beameup

According to Jewish tradition (Talmud), demons are the disembodied spirits of the nephilim.

PS: The offending angels are being held in "the bottomless pit" [Tartarus].
Being only half-human, nephilim are ineligible for salvation.

For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell [tartarus], and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; - 2 Peter 2:4

And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation [glorified bodies], he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. - Jude 6

beameup

We have not yet judged the offending angels.

Actually, they yet have and assignment to fulfill:
And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star [angel] fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit. - Revelation 9:1-2 and following

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The biblical account allows for different interpretations, points of view.
Allowing for multiple interpretations of a narrative passage of Scripture is error. Unless one is a Romanist seeking the fourfold meaning—sigh​—othere can only be one proper interpretation. Those that claim otherwise need to examine their exegetical presuppositions that are being read into the passage as unwarranted freight. The passage in question cannot allow the view that the sons of God can be humans of ill repute or supernatural beings. This is a blatant ontological contradiction. It is one or the other.

AMR

Last edited:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The "sons of God" is a subject yet to be dealt with properly here ....
Actually the sons of God is a subject that has been adequately dealt with properly for those open to correction. :AMR:

AMR

whitestone

It's always fascinating to follow along with the discussions of the sons of God,Giants ect. Each time I see one I try to follow along and ponder the different views by those involved. First one will say this and another will say that,lol it's easy at times to anticipate the next response.

Some of these discussions go here and others there,languages,books not found in the bible,original text type and then one issue after the next until everyone stops posting,lol.

I like to see the good,juicy discussions where everyone gets things down to whether or not it makes a difference if they consider ancient Hebrew text type verses the Hebrew after the captivity in Babylon. I suppose it would make quite a difference if the meanings of the prefixes and suffixes surrounding those root words held meanings themselves. I say this because the the software most generally found on the internet is which text type ancient or ?...

beameup

The Septuagint gives the proper translation.
Translated in the 4th century B.C. by highly regarded
Jewish scribes, the Torah portion of the Septuagint,
properly translates from the Hebrew into Koine Greek: angels of God
ἄγγελοι τοῦ Θεοῦ

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
well that blows the Genesis 3:15 KJV thing apart God cant put no enmity there if there isn't any need for them to have an seed.

Angels are spirit beings, their "seed" is spiritual and they influence the world.

We are called to come out of the world.